• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ahem... DO YOU SPEAK LOUD?!?!

Ahem... DO YOU SPEAK LOUD?!?!

• Total voters

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The problem is that I seem to have only two volume settings: One is quiet and calm, the other is loud (maybe medium-loud) and pissed off. I'm aware that I mumble, so when someone can't hear me, I speak loudly and clearly, with obvious enunciation, so I T-A-L-K....L-I-K-E....T-H-I-S, and hopefully don't have to repeat myself again. Of course, then it sounds like I'm being a smartass, which maybe I partially am, but the fact that I have to raise my voice in the first place is kind of taxing, as you pointed out/ noticed, so it does kind of get me annoyed. :peepwall: A notoriously loud-spoken coworker once asked me "Why can't you speak up, without the attitude?" :sorry:

I hear you, there. If I speak louder, it is never much louder, but if I have to speak very loudly, my "inflection" pisses people off.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am far from being a soft spoken kind of a person... I speak loud, I laugh loud, when I am in a room you probably are well aware of my presence :D

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am far from being a soft spoken kind of a person... I speak loud, I laugh loud, when I am in a room you probably are well aware of my presence :D

Be sure to vote...that group needs help...

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Sometimes I am told that I'm shouting when I don't realize it! :p

I actually used to be fairly quiet and I do still mumble on occasion. Mostly I think my volume is okay, but I tend to get too loud when I'm exited.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do I speak loud? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just felt like saying that.

Actually, I speak at a normal volume I think. Sometimes I get louder when I'm exited like [MENTION=6554]DisneyGeek[/MENTION]

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
It depends on how comfortable I'm feeling.

violett

I am naturally low key, until you piss me off, and I have found out pissing off people is relative, on the scale of relativity its difficult to piss me off. In conclusion, if you piss me off, you probably deserve it ten fold. Putting things into context I get loud when i am angry.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I did not vote because I do speak moderately loud, somewhere between very loud and medium loud, and there was not a choice for that.

I am capable of being discreet if I can see others near, but if I cannot see them, chances are they will hear me. :unsure: I've had numerous faux pas because of this.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I did not vote because I do speak moderately loud, somewhere between very loud and medium loud, and there was not a choice for that.

I am capable of being discreet if I can see others near, but if I cannot see them, chances are they will hear me. :unsure: I've had numerous faux pas because of this.
Thank you.

CourageousKitten

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've always been told that my voice carries, especially since it's high pitched. It's especially hard for me to keep it down when I laugh - but I do try, if it's night time and people are sleeping.. :(

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
normally relatively quiet but I can be very loud on a phone when annoyed!!

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
no. i'm a stereotypical infp. typically, i'm afraid of animate objects.

Me too and I'm mousy-voiced and soft spoken. My voice is in fact very high pitched, but silent. Still some people I don't know get surprised when I have to ask a question or something. Man I wish, my voice was more deeper and louder, then people would quit looking at me like an alien. I'm working on my low-pitched right now though and I think it's working.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
It depends, but I would say my voice is generally more quiet than loud. Fairly monotone and low-key if I have nothing really to say, or am just at the start of a conversation. If I have been talking to someone and I get really excited, then the words seem to stumble out of my mouth, faster and faster as I get further into what I am saying-it is almost effortless. Then I am pretty loud. But that only happens when I am in a particularly intoxicating conversation,(usually few can get me in this state- but those who can, are usually pretty skilled at it-ENFP friend for instance, if she gets me in the right mood or says something particularly interesting and I get involved-rancorous). But for the most part, pretentious as this sounds, life bores me too much to go through the motions of saying anything.

My brother on the other hand, is super loud. He has a fast booming voice. But actually, he is more social than me to begin with and his self confidence is through the roof(not that I have low self confidence...(maybe), but he generally gives off the air of being very sure of himself. I think that he is a ISTJ 1w2 but not exactly sure on that, or if that would have anything to do with it.

Chrysanthea

Sometimes I forget what my voice sounds like.... I rarely ever need to use it. And when I do, it's relatively quiet.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it's not that I speak quietly... I just have a voice that pretty much stops dead about 10 feet away from me... it just does NOT carry well over a distance at all

I actually wore out my voice the winter before last training people in the vicinity of conveyors because they kept asking me to speak up and I thought that I WAS speaking up so I basically spent the entire day yelling until I ended up losing my voice for a few days... not that it stopped me from trying to talk :blush:

my sis has a voice that carries VERY well... we can both be speaking to each other at the same volume and people across the room can clearly hear everything that she says and nothing that I'm saying... she used to get accused of speaking to herself all of the time because of it :cheese:

Sunflower_Moon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have the ability to speak loud if I want to, but that's not too often. Overall, most people tell me I speak softly and have a nice voice. . .but like most people, I don't like my voice.

Raffaella

bon vivant
I've always thought I had a loud expressive voice until I had to sit through 10 recordings of it. It's not loud, it's meek but the tone does change frequently.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im a habitual mumbler. Especially on phones.