User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ahem... DO YOU SPEAK LOUD?!?!

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...I SPEAK VERY LOUD!

14 24.56%
  • I speak at a MEDIUM volume.

13 22.81%
  • (...no, I am quiet)

30 52.63%
First 891011 Last

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

normally relatively quiet but I can be very loud on a phone when annoyed!!
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    no. i'm a stereotypical infp. typically, i'm afraid of animate objects.
    Me too and I'm mousy-voiced and soft spoken. My voice is in fact very high pitched, but silent. Still some people I don't know get surprised when I have to ask a question or something. Man I wish, my voice was more deeper and louder, then people would quit looking at me like an alien. I'm working on my low-pitched right now though and I think it's working.
    I am extremely quiet, an outcast, and conflict-avoidant. But I also have strengths too, that I can forgive you all because you are unique and special. I kill with kindness, hating violence and social conflicts. People always bully me into actually talking, but I can't. Just be your true self and know your strengths and weaknesses. Some weaknesses we cannot change, but work on your strengths, forgive, and accept that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

It depends, but I would say my voice is generally more quiet than loud. Fairly monotone and low-key if I have nothing really to say, or am just at the start of a conversation. If I have been talking to someone and I get really excited, then the words seem to stumble out of my mouth, faster and faster as I get further into what I am saying-it is almost effortless. Then I am pretty loud. But that only happens when I am in a particularly intoxicating conversation,(usually few can get me in this state- but those who can, are usually pretty skilled at it-ENFP friend for instance, if she gets me in the right mood or says something particularly interesting and I get involved-rancorous). But for the most part, pretentious as this sounds, life bores me too much to go through the motions of saying anything.

My brother on the other hand, is super loud. He has a fast booming voice. But actually, he is more social than me to begin with and his self confidence is through the roof(not that I have low self confidence...(maybe), but he generally gives off the air of being very sure of himself. I think that he is a ISTJ 1w2 but not exactly sure on that, or if that would have anything to do with it.

Sometimes I forget what my voice sounds like.... I rarely ever need to use it. And when I do, it's relatively quiet.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it's not that I speak quietly... I just have a voice that pretty much stops dead about 10 feet away from me... it just does NOT carry well over a distance at all

I actually wore out my voice the winter before last training people in the vicinity of conveyors because they kept asking me to speak up and I thought that I WAS speaking up so I basically spent the entire day yelling until I ended up losing my voice for a few days... not that it stopped me from trying to talk

my sis has a voice that carries VERY well... we can both be speaking to each other at the same volume and people across the room can clearly hear everything that she says and nothing that I'm saying... she used to get accused of speaking to herself all of the time because of it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP

I normally speak at a medium volume.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I have the ability to speak loud if I want to, but that's not too often. Overall, most people tell me I speak softly and have a nice voice. . .but like most people, I don't like my voice.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

I've always thought I had a loud expressive voice until I had to sit through 10 recordings of it. It's not loud, it's meek but the tone does change frequently.
    Night is another candle

If I get pissed off enough.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Im a habitual mumbler. Especially on phones.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes The Wailing Specter, senza tema liked this post