User Tag List

First 234

My 4w5 sister is a speculated and then self confirmed Infj. If you email me I might let her talk to you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

@pmj85, you see your first post as a legitimate request, but there are a lot of people who will see it as something else because more information comes through than we are aware of. Not all of the comments you're getting are inane; you just can't see the information that they're based on.

I said I share those INFJ traits because I do. And in the last year or so, I've started being able to see the information that I couldn't see before. It's still very difficult for me to see this information coming from myself, but I can see it coming from other INFJs at times. That's what makes your posts entertaining and enlightening to me--that the information is clearly there, and that you can't see it. It's also entertaining and enlightening to see some traits that seem so consistent that they are almost cliche--like taking conversations private rather than public. I could point out others, but, frankly, I'm tired of hearing myself say this stuff.

Also, depending on what you consider misinformation, it could be entertainingly ironic to see what results you come up with. I do sincerely wish you luck. One never knows what the results will be.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga
    Likes INFlanJ78 liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

By the by, most MBTI practitioners barely scratch the cognitive functions. So if we're talking about practitioner-blessed assessments, JCF is hardly a part of the exercise. A practitioner who blesses someone as an e.g. INFJ or ESTP says very little about how the individual's psyche encompasses e.g. Fe. To delve into JCF as anchored from practitioners' knowledge and assessments is to continue to spread misinformation--or at least misguided or unsubstantiated information.

This is not to be a dick, nor to be accusatory, nor to even lend credence to the veracity of JCF and therefore implying that the whole shebang should be scrapped. Really.

I appreciate any and all efforts to figure out what typology actually means. I think that has to do with properly nailing down each type, function, aspect, etc. I also believe that most the best information about a type can be had "from the horse's mouth." That means that in spreading the best information, then, horses should actually be horses and not zebras believing themselves to be (or being misclassed as) horses, or whatever.

So the questions come back 'round: what determines the veracity of an INFJ typing? Then, what can an accurate INFJ typing actually tell you? Then, you can ask what collective knowledge from a bunch of correctly-typed INFJs would tell you and then have a bunch of good information. Then you can spread it across the whole typologyverse and dispel the Godawful stereotypes, such as that INFJs prefer orange over blue or that they never return phone calls or whatever.

I wouldn't even bother with the groanworthy "back to square one" thinking, but that's where the pushback in this thread is coming from.
    Last edited by Bush Did 9/11; 01-22-2015 at 11:04 AM.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Cygnus, EJCC, Sinmara, INFlanJ78 liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Everyone has their agenda, but the agenda can put you on a bender and when you hit the metaphorical fender no bail out can help...definitely not the money-lender.

But at least you're clear.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp
    Likes Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Everyone has their agenda, but the agenda can put you on a bender and when you hit the metaphorical fender no bail out can help...definitely not the money-lender.

But at least you're clear.
    I love this analogy.

Even if I can't figure out what the analog actually is here.

And that mystery makes it even better.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Wow.

So, remember this?

Turns out I'm not an INFJ at all. I am in fact INTJ. Imagine that.

Sorry, everyone. What a stupid and misguided asshole I was

I know there's no need to bump this, but even though you're a bunch of strangers I'll probably never meet... this sort of matters to me. Intellectual integrity and all that. I'd rather out myself as being a misguided twat than let it lie; some people got quite pissed at me for this thread - and rightly so.

How did I figure this out? Well, a few months after posting this utter shite I ended up becoming friends with some genuinely good MBTI practitioners who actually knew their stuff (as opposed to the original individuals I consulted) in both the UK and US. If you'll permit some name-dropping, I even had the pleasure of speaking to Dario Nardi (seriously cool guy) and Linda Berens. However, two people in particular really stood out to me. One of said two is an INTJ 5w4 (yeah, the enneagram is useful - duh); the other is an ENFP who is married to an INTJ. I met the former at a conference and we immediately struck a connection with one another. I later attended one of her seminars and, long story short, she took me under her wing and coached me, took me through different instruments (including Step II, III and Frio B plus others) at which point it became glaringly obvious that I'm as Te as all fuck. I of course argued this point with her for a good few weeks (yeah - arguing with a PhD who has been doing this stuff for years... NT much?) but had to concede eventually as the evidence became overwhelming. Then, the latter (ENFP) was all "Well, I couldn't tell you that you're an INTJ because that isn't how this works... but god damn - you seriously thought you were Fe?!"

I've also run through some things with the ENFP. She's coached me quite a bit, also typed my wife (ENTJ; not ENFJ - what the fuck at my Fe/Te understanding?) and earlier this week she took me through EQ... 2.0? Point being, I'm now far better informed on all of this stuff and a great deal more self-aware.

Part of the process of discovery and networking has also seen me introduced to INFJs who HAVE been professionally confirmed. My word. The contrast!

Such warm.
    Many smile.
    Incredible personskill™.

Meanwhile, I'm as grumpy as shit, aloof and socially fucking hopeless. Y'know, all the things you'd expect from an INTJ who is trying to find his way in the world. Fortunately, I'm starting to do just that. Life keeps putting other xNTJs on my path as well, so for the first time ever I actually have people in my life who speak the same language. This in and of itself has made a huge and positive difference.

So, there you have it. I was wrong and a twat. I apologise profusely to all those I pissed off. You were right to be mad at me. Hell, I'm even mad at me.

Have yourselves a lovely weekend... and if you do want to know any more, just reply or PM me etc.

- P

(apologies for the slapdash nature of the post - lots to do / very little time).
    Likes Nørrsken, Ghost, Nico_D, meowington liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Wow, I need to read the rest of this.
    Let's get out of here.
    Go some place where no one knows our names.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by pmj85 View Post
    So...
    Wow. My deepest and sincerest respects for that! I don't think I've known anyone who could've done what you just did.
    "The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd."
    - Bernard Russell
    Likes pmj85 liked this post

MBTI
    Infp

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    This thread is cringeworthy.

You do sound elitist, you're not really even trying to hide it. I'm telling you that for a fact.

I am sorry, but I just feel like I have no choice but to accuse you of having no interest in compiling interest in INFJ as a type. We are all tired of seeing somebody suggest that they're the only true INFJ, and I note that you've gone to a great extent to ensure that nobody can actually fulfil your criteria. For example, while I am sure that a group of people on here will have been typed by a careers advisor or somebody in their business, MBTI practitioners are quite rare creatures in psychometric testing professionally, especially outside the US. This is a small forum where not everybody has money, but you have made it crystal clear that nothing less will suffice. Even if somebody had undergone such testing what would he then have to do? Link you to an interview or give you a certificate?

I really despair when these kinds of threads/comments keep popping up. The real intent behind them is not hard to deduce.
    Amen. Complete elitist.

There are no professional, qualified, mbti psychologists, because no university in the world qualifies psychologists to practise mbti, any more than no university in the world qualifies anyone to practice astrology.

Both mbti and astrology are fun to play, but contain no truth value.

We are not interested in the truth when we are entranced, and mbti and astrology entrances us so our critical mind goes to sleep and our imaginative mind wakes up.

And our imagination is fun because we can imagine anything, even what isn't true.

But does it matter? Yes, because we are talking about our psyche which guides our life for good or ill. So what is true matters.