User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

You're very entertaining and enlightening, whether you realize it or not. I would love to see where this thread goes. Too bad that it looks like much of the discussion will probably take place in private.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

I didn't intend the thread to go anywhere - I was simply putting out a request. If people wish to bicker about said request, 'meh' :p

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Too bad that it looks like much of the discussion will probably take place in private.
    Oh yes, it is unfortunate ... I've just received a lovely message myself, too bad I can't share!

I am certain the rest of the INFJs who choose to converse will have just a delightful time sharing their thoughts with this utterly charming individual.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes pmj85, Hard liked this post

My sincere apologies if I offended you, PeaceBaby.

For those who wish to see the conversation:

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby via VM
    Hi there pmj85 - could you please separate your response to me from the request to not have the thread derailed? You posted that before you replied to my post and now having edited that post, it appears to be asking me in particular to not derail the thread. This could lead to other INFJs taking umbrage at my presence, and I would appreciate not having to defend myself. I am posting this here so as not to cause any further derail. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pmj85 via PM
    Actually, I fully intended to include your post. As for not having to defend yourself, I didn't want to have to do that either - essentially there was nothing to defend. A simple request was made. The vultures began to circle and, unfortunately, people had to get their two pence in. Your own post sought to deride me in some way by assuming that I lacked the knowledge you proffered; I didn't, and I stand by my decision to forego any further foray into the enneagram based upon the opinion that it is utter tripe without merit. Until I am provided with evidence to the contrary, I shall remain uninterested.

Not to worry, however. The thread is now open for debate. You can't stop people saying what they want to, even when there really isn't anything at all to say. Opinions, as they say, are like assholes
    I do not believe I was unfair. The comment about opinions / assholes could potentially be misinterpreted as a personal slight, granted. In reality I was alluding solely to the conclusion 'everyone has one'. My bad for not exercising greater clarity on that one.

Thanks to all those who have contacted me. I'd ask that you reserve judgement until you actually hear back from me, or engage me in conversation. I think you'll find me to be much more agreeable when I'm not having to deflect certain posts.

[Note - if anyone DOES have any evidence to the contrary re: Enneagram, I'd be very happy to listen!]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pmj85 View Post
    I do not believe I was unfair.
    Therefore you weren't. Yep, you're an INFJ.

eta: actually, to be more accurate, it could point to any Je dom/aux. But this particular flavor, yum, tastes like Fe.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes pmj85 liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

At the risk of sounding elitist to those with delicate egos, I'd be interested in chatting with other, confirmed INFJs - and I don't mean 'confirmed by some shitty paid for test', I mean 'confirmed by speaking with Jungian or MBTI Step I, II or III practitioners'.

I've been confirmed via both of the aforementioned methods, though the second was part of a coaching process I am currently going through (I was happy with the first typing).

There's a lot of white noise surrounding the type; I wish to converse only with those who know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are an INFJ. Self-typing is not sufficient, I'm afraid. That's just the way it has to be, because I've known quite a few 'definite' INFJs who, when typed professionally, are anything but. Most then go on to throw a shit-fit - hilariously un-INFJ of them.

Why do I ask this of you?

I'm currently in the process of compiling GOOD, accurate information pertaining to the type. It's time to clear this mess up, as I (and other INFJs) out there are really bored with all the misinformation doing the rounds. We need good, credible INFJs to come forward and aid with the project. Alternatively, if another credible INFJ is already doing this I would gladly offer my support.

I realise this thread is liable to sink, but it's all good. Contact me via PM if you'd prefer to avoid drawing attention to yourself.

Cheers,

- P
    I definitely sympathize with your mission here. INFJ is a highly misunderstood type, mostly due to mistyped IxFPs who are confused by shoddy online descriptions.

Unfortunately, I don't have the money nor the opportunity to converse with MBTI practitioners, so self-typing is the only option available to me. The way I arrived at INFJ was by a better (and more straightforward) understanding of how the Jungian functions actually work.

In spite of all the inaccuracies, self-typing CAN work if you are simply honest with yourself. To be sure, there are a lot of people who aren't. But that doesn't mean it can't work for someone who is willing to be truthful.

Although I know you probably don't want my help, I would be willing to "step forward" if you'll have me. I'm pretty frustrated with the misinformation too.
    Likes pmj85, INFlanJ78 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Therefore you weren't. Yep, you're an INFJ.

eta: actually, to be more accurate, it could point to any Je dom/aux. But this particular flavor, yum, tastes like Fe.
    As your sensitivity tastes like Fi

Still, the world would be boring if we were all the same. My apology stands and is offered with complete sincerity.

Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin23 View Post
    Although I know you probably don't want my help, I would be willing to "step forward" if you'll have me. I'm pretty frustrated with the misinformation too.
    I'd be happy to have a chat with you, absolutely. I should have actually mentioned that in the first post - if you're unsure of your type but suspect you may be an INFJ, get in touch anyway; I'm no professional, but I've worked with other INFJs and I can typically spot them a mile off by now

The questions may not come today as I have a very heavy schedule later. Bear with me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

All in all, Fi cares about individuality a great more than Fe; I think that is a fair and valid point to make.
    Fair point. Fe doesn't really care about individuality. However, Ni cares about being "unique".

This isn't particularly directed at you, but I wish people would quit acting as if Fe is the be-all-end-all function of INFJs. Because it's not. Last time I checked, Ni is still the dominant function. And unless this is an INTJ vs. INFJ discussion, Ni should be the first function referred to in order to contrast INFJs with other types.

Check my blog for the post on Ni; I've had other Ni dominants telling me that they relate a great deal.

Have to dash now \o

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I've learned a couple of hard lessons about me and private conversations here, so I've been trying my best to say whatever I have to say publicly.

It's entertaining and enlightening to me to read your posts because so many INFJ-ish traits stand out to me now that I wouldn't have noticed over a year ago. Traits that I share. Good luck on your quest to fix the problem of misinformation about INFJs.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga
    Likes pmj85 liked this post