User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Question Do other NF's seem to constantly toe the line between extroversion and introversion?

I'm decidedly ENFP and while I love talking and being with other people I'm constantly vacillating between wanting to be around people and needing to have time to myself. However, I can't spend too much time with myself, otherwise I get depressed and self deprecating. Both of these situations (needing to be alone and then needing to be around people) have made me extremely confused, and frankly, annoyed. I've tried to pinpoint a reason as to why, so if any of you guys know the answer/can relate your own situations, that would be great.

1. HSP's. I've read about HSP's in Dr. Elaine Aron's book, The Highly Sensitive Person. I agree with the general definition: people who overstimulate too easily. For example, I can go to music concerts for an hour or so but after a while I get tired and want to just sleep, or be alone, or be with one singular person and simply talk. However, I had always originally thought that introverts were defined by their sensitivity scale, and not their "shyness", as they are commonly misidentified by.

2. ENFP's tend to want to cultivate personal relationships, and find deeper depths to their friendships. This probably isn't the same for all NF's, or even all ENFP's, but I think that's a good reason as to why I would prefer being with a few people at a time. However, it doesn't explain the back and forth with alone/with people.

3. Ambiverts. People who are in between the spectrum. Haven't read much on them, so I can't make an informed decision. Also, I don't believe I'm in the middle of the spectrum, because when I get my "mood changes", I either really need to be around people or really need to be alone for a while. There's rarely an in between.

If anyone knows about this constant switching back and forth, and/or if it ties into NF's, please comment in the thread!
    “I was ready to love the whole world, but no one understood me, and I learned to hate.” - Mikhail Lermontov

33% Extravert ~ 50% Intuition ~ 75% Feeling ~ 11% Perceiving
    4w3 SX // ENFp
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

No. I definitely fall into the category of extrovert. I am not a stereotypical extrovert, and I don't fit every single attribute, but there isn't any doubt that I am one. In the past I have fallen in the category of HSP, but I reject it. Most of it strikes me as whiney wimpy crap that people just can't buck up and deal with. The world is harsh and requires work. You have to adapt and manage. I hate being labeled as HSP, I and I really do not like others who use it as a crutch or excuse.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Nope, I'm very much an introvert.

I was more outgoing when single, because hey - I needed to get out there and meet people (ugh) but now that I'm married and have a kid, I keep myself to myself. If I could have things my way, I'd be alone at least 90% of the time.

MBTI
    FREE

Not at all, I'm a hardcore introvert, but ENPs are said to be the least extroverted extroverts.
    Likes chickpea, Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

It all depends on who I'm around. I act very extroverted with Grumpycat, and very introverted around others. I tend to go in cycles.

Also, I can "power-extrovert", so to speak, for leading projects and giving speeches and such.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

me? maybe I'm ambivert. But since i don't like to give my problem into the other, i call myself as an introvert. I also enjoy speaking with people but just when i have interest in the topic discussed.

I'm fully on board with the assertion that IEE ENFp is the most introverted of all extraverts. Fi desire for emotional "shielding" + ultra-weak Se and lack of physical "power." If the SEE ESFps fare any better, it's because Se IS FORCE.

I don't recommend the whole "NF/NT" enchilada because it totters dangerously close to the chasm of Keirsey. Plenty of SFs have similar problems. Plenty of T-types have similar problems under enough pressure.

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

Hey that's so true. I'm a supposed Enfp as well. I guess that's true for everyone. Everyone is an ambivalent. They can't be pure e or I.
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I'm clearly extroverted and I don't think anyone but my ESTP bestie has thought otherwise (she thought I was ISFJ or INFP...but it was based on Disney princesses haha so...) but I have quite a few "introverted" moments. It's only natural. If you're an E4 that's probably why you seem more introverted than most extroverts since 4 is a very withdrawn type.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

What if you're an enfp 2w3
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,