User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default How INFP of you! Or, an ENFP trend?

So, I am an ENFP, I think. But every so often, I get in these situations where I feel like I must be completely wrong because I feel so introverted in comparison to the people I am around.

Example:

This weekend I went with my ISTJ roommate and his friends and coworkers to a Phillies game. We started tailgating at 3 PM and didn't end up leaving the park until about midnight. Ordinarily, I think this is something I would enjoy, but I think perhaps the combination of being hungover from the night before, not knowing anyone very well and having nothing to really "do" for hours and hours before the game exhausted me. BUT! This surprised me about myself -- Self-proclaimed Extrovert!

Thing is, I had nothing to contribute to the conversation! I have never been surrounded by so many ESTJs, ESFPs, ESFJs and ESTPs in my life!! Absolutely NO Ns! And ALL extroverted!

So, I was like thinking to myself that all I would need is just ONE connection to make the whole day change for me. I felt like such a loser cause I just sat in the lawn chair by myself, watching the guys toss around a football, but seriously, I was so bored of talking about concrete stuff for so long and answering questions about what I do (versus who I am). Misery! And, it wore me out! Yet, if I was talking about what interested me, I think I could have done it all night long!

The whole event was such a puzzlement to me in regards to my actual identity. I feel like a total extrovert when I'm around people I know or even people I don't know who are either Ns or who I have a connection with (or take a special interest in me). But in situations like this, I am like a complete introvert!

Soooo the question is, other ENFPs, are you like this also? Is this an ENFP thing -- we become "introverted" in situations where we are outnumbered by ESs? Or, do you figure out a way to join in and get over the need for N-like conversation? Or, do you think I'm actually an INFP? aaahhhahaa. Personality crisis!!!

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Everything has balance.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFP

Are you more oriented to your inner world of perceptions, thoughts, feelings or are you more oriented to the world around you and drawing connections to what is there?

MBTI
    ENFP

I know what you mean! I spent the past few days with an ESFJ? or ENFJ? friend and I became more introverted around them. I read somewhere that ENFPs have the easiest time taking on other types personalities? I also wonder if I'm an INFP because of my introverted side and it drives me crazy.
    MTBI:E/INFP...Socionics:ENFP...7w6 sx/so...Autonomy, Caution, Perceptiveness...

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Just because you are extroverted it does not mean that you take interest in EVERYTHING in the outside world. I tend to find this is especially true of ENs. If the world is not providing the type of stimulus that you take a natural interest in, it seems only natural to withdraw a bit.

ENFP!

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

I think ENFPs are very good at being extroverted. And they enjoy it.
    So when they don't enjoy conversation or don't be extroverted "enough" it is sort of a system shock.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    So, I am an ENFP, I think. But every so often, I get in these situations where I feel like I must be completely wrong because I feel so introverted in comparison to the people I am around.

Example:

This weekend I went with my ISTJ roommate and his friends and coworkers to a Phillies game. We started tailgating at 3 PM and didn't end up leaving the park until about midnight. Ordinarily, I think this is something I would enjoy, but I think perhaps the combination of being hungover from the night before, not knowing anyone very well and having nothing to really "do" for hours and hours before the game exhausted me. BUT! This surprised me about myself -- Self-proclaimed Extrovert!

Thing is, I had nothing to contribute to the conversation! I have never been surrounded by so many ESTJs, ESFPs, ESFJs and ESTPs in my life!! Absolutely NO Ns! And ALL extroverted!

So, I was like thinking to myself that all I would need is just ONE connection to make the whole day change for me. I felt like such a loser cause I just sat in the lawn chair by myself, watching the guys toss around a football, but seriously, I was so bored of talking about concrete stuff for so long and answering questions about what I do (versus who I am). Misery! And, it wore me out! Yet, if I was talking about what interested me, I think I could have done it all night long!

The whole event was such a puzzlement to me in regards to my actual identity. I feel like a total extrovert when I'm around people I know or even people I don't know who are either Ns or who I have a connection with (or take a special interest in me). But in situations like this, I am like a complete introvert!

Soooo the question is, other ENFPs, are you like this also? Is this an ENFP thing -- we become "introverted" in situations where we are outnumbered by ESs? Or, do you figure out a way to join in and get over the need for N-like conversation? Or, do you think I'm actually an INFP? aaahhhahaa. Personality crisis!!!
    Hmm, very interesting scenario, personally, I have learned to avoid such situations when I know I am not going to be in the right mood, because hanging out with a bunch of Ss (sp?) certainly can be draining.

I am lucky, (or unlucky), in that I have been surrounded by a lot of Ss in my life so I have learned to pry some good, er, decent N conversations out of them. In my world, the incessant concrete questions of what do you do, what do you study, where do you live, etc. I actively make fun of, or answer with a bit of commentary.

When someone vainly asks me how I am doing, I respond by telling them, that they should be careful about what they ask should they truly receive an honest response.

Hmm, I also am at a point in my life that I good give two shits about stupid social niceties.

If we are going to hang out, you bet your ass we are going to connect!!!

But, yes, I much rather *be* alone than *feel* alone, so I do end up spending a lot of time by myself.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP

I find what drains me is overly loud and crowded oversensory places. I could never go to a football game where I would have to shout over the people to hear myself. I could never go to a club with flashing lights and bass boost all the way with smoke everywhere and slutiness/uber intoxication. No thanks. Enviornments help bring out the bad or good in me, and the people also.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    I find what drains me is overly loud and crowded oversensory places. I could never go to a football game where I would have to shout over the people to hear myself. I could never go to a club with flashing lights and bass boost all the way with smoke everywhere and slutiness/uber intoxication. No thanks. Enviornments help bring out the bad or good in me, and the people also.
    And slutiness?!?!?!?

Yeah, all those scantily clad dancing wimmens, such harlot slutz!!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP

LMFAO, the only reason that was put their was to see if CC would catch it, damn that hotties Ne is on fire.