Thread: Ask an ENFJ

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNinjaPirate View Post
    How is this any different than hanging out with an xNTJ?
    I think I find it easier to have a more logical and organized conversations with them than NTPs, until they push their Te through the discussion, I used to argue with that but then I decided to just give up and let them go with what they're convinced with..
    But honestly, I find myself more attracted to NTPs than NTJs they're fun and that's so damn attractive, I'm married to an ENTP by the way
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    I have realized that I tend to like the idea of people more than people. I think I am just a hardened idealist...when push comes to shove, I try to make my close circle feel cared about and special. I can be an intense person, but my closest allies/friends tend to stick by me no matter what.
    Can you describe what you mean by intense more?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    I think I find it easier to have a more logical and organized conversations with them than NTPs, until they push their Te through the discussion, I used to argue with that but then I decided to just give up and let them go with what they're convinced with..
    But honestly, I find myself more attracted to NTPs than NTJs they're fun and that's so damn attractive, I'm married to an ENTP by the way
    Yep, pure structure in conversation with us is hard to come by(might be easier with INTPs). We're pedantic, nitpicky, and streamy with our thoughts. For me chaos creates order. Only when you shatter a concept with the good ol' Ti hammer and build it up from its logical scraps can a new understanding be achieved.

I appreciate Te and usually have a synthesis of minds with TJs instead of standoffish conclusion. I love their respect for evidence and real-time practical system building. My mind is often too abstract and having a Te conduit to translate my ideas into the real world is pretty damn enlightening and fun.

And yup, you're married to an ENTP so dealing with our bullshit everyday is old news to you.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

How alike do you think INFJ and ENFJ females are? I've met ( and been with) plenty of INFJs but never an ENFJ. I know one ENFJ female and she's married to my INFP friend. We have pretty good banter but usually end up debating about something.
    ????
    I hope you're not making plans on your friend's wife, but if you like to find an ENFJ romance then good luck with that
    My ENTP used to tease me a lot but I knew how to respond to those, I think thats why he loves me lol..
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

Can you describe what you mean by intense more?
    I am basically the go to person if you want a "what is the meaning of life" type of conversations at 2AM... even when I am drunk. I will say stuff like, "I know you were meant to be in my life... I just had a strong feeling... I love you" one day and then the next day, I will be very business-minded and to the point to the same exact person.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    ????
    I hope you're not making plans on your friend's wife, but if you like to find an ENFJ romance then good luck with that
    My ENTP used to tease me a lot but I knew how to respond to those, I think thats why he loves me lol..
    I wasn't talking about romance necessarily and I'm no home wrecker. She was just my go-to example since my RL sample size of ENFJ specimens have been small.

But it looks like you've inoculated yourself well against the ENTP antics. As long as someone can do that (which a lot of people can't) I think any match with us is pretty good.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I am basically the go to person if you want a "what is the meaning of life" type of conversations at 2AM... even when I am drunk. I will say stuff like, "I know you were meant to be in my life... I just had a strong feeling... I love you" one day and then the next day, I will be very business-minded and to the point to the same exact person.
    So is it the time of night or alcohol that turns your switch from business-minded to personal?

So is it the time of night or alcohol that turns your switch from business-minded to personal?
    Nahh. I am implying that I am mentally intense all the time. Even when I am supposed to be relaxing, my mind is always ON... and people annoyingly encourage it. The nature of the goal is the switch.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Nahh. I am implying that I am mentally intense all the time. Even when I am supposed to be relaxing, my mind is always ON... and people annoyingly encourage it. The nature of the goal is the switch.
    Still not getting it. My mind is on all the time too but I wouldn't describe it as intense.

Still not getting it. My mind is on all the time too but I wouldn't describe it as intense.
    My mind being always on, my level of effusiveness, my singular focus on goals is what I perceive to be intense. When I am saying intense, it is not synonymous with instability or being a loose cannon. I am usually fairly calm in my emotional expression but I still consider myself to be intense. I am actually very "calculated". The intensity refers to how strong my personality can come off.
    Likes ZNP-TBA, Hard liked this post