User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I won't respond until I know I can be completely honest. Sometimes it takes a while to talk, especially if there is some apprehension involved. Now I think about it, this is selfish behavior, and I actually have been consciously working on blurting out shit these past couple of years.

Didn't read the rest of the thread, but that's how it is for me.
    Last edited by Quay; 01-13-2015 at 11:09 PM. Reason: spelling grammar all of it

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    If it requires decision making that I don't have the answers for right away, I tend to put off replying and then forget about it sometimes. I also postpone replying if the response matters a lot to me and I want to do a thorough job of replying but don't have time to properly do it right then. Then my response gets old and I feel guilty and it gets delayed further. Texts are usually something that I check when I'm busy and so sometimes don't think of replying again until later when I see the text later. In any case, it's rarely about me not caring about the other person and has more to do with my own indecision or distraction.
    This!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think you just angry because someone you chat is not answer you, and it's coincidence that the person you are talking to is infj .
    Likes thoughtlost liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    INFJs what does it mean when:
    - you take long to reply to a text
    - not reply at all
    - make a verbal promise that you will definitely text someone to make plans with them and not follow through

I've had a few INFJs do this. It honestly makes me wonder if my friendship is something they couldn't care less about. That would definitely be the case if I were to do this shananigan.
    I think they do this with emails as well. It has bothered me before.

It basically means you are not a priority for them because if you were, they would respond more quickly. You're just not "in" with that particular INFJ. I believe it takes a while for that to happen. Because they are so nice and affirming, people tend to think they mean more to the INFJ than they actually do.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I am guilty of this sometimes and there tends to be a few reasons.

1. When my schedule is overwhelming I tend to compartmentalize tasks. I'll leave emails highlighted/unread for a long time until I can get to that particular task like sending music books. I'll also categorize all the personal emails to fell swoop those also. I'm actually not good at multitasking and when I do it tends to feel like dancing in a kaleidoscope with ADD.

2. INFJs are weakest in Si which is a function that helps to remember many external details. I live in constant fear of forgetting details and sometimes it happens regardless of importance. I can remember 10 things and no matter how important that 11th thing is, it gets dropped from my mind. It causes me to have a continual level of anxiety. The types of details I remember are abstract and subjective.

3. If I'm not really sure what to say to the person because I don't know them well, then I can delay responding until I feel like I can focus and say the right thing. Fear of saying the wrong thing can cause me to take a long time to respond and can occasionally result in me forgetting to respond.

4. In a few cases when the person is really important to me, I will delay responding for a similar reason to #3. I want to be sure to not make a mistake in communication, so if I'm really tired or distracted I don't want to just pop out a communication. I can end up thinking about the person often, but I don't want to bother them with my own stresses and distraction, so I wait until I feel my best to communicate and sometimes that takes a long time.

I've had INFJs and INFPs do this in relationships and sometimes I feel disappointed on the receiving end, but I don't judge it because I do understand. The worst it does is change my mind about being able to rely on them if I'm going through something difficult and need someone to talk to readily.

To summarize, I'm guilty of this when I'm overwhelmed, distracted, and genuinely forget. I also do it when I'm over thinking, over concerned about saying the wrong thing and so waiting until I feel focused enough.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    If it requires decision making that I don't have the answers for right away, I tend to put off replying and then forget about it sometimes. I also postpone replying if the response matters a lot to me and I want to do a thorough job of replying but don't have time to properly do it right then. Then my response gets old and I feel guilty and it gets delayed further. Texts are usually something that I check when I'm busy and so sometimes don't think of replying again until later when I see the text later. In any case, it's rarely about me not caring about the other person and has more to do with my own indecision or distraction.
    hahaha I just said the exact same thing.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    INFJs what does it mean when:
    - you take long to reply to a text
    - not reply at all
    - make a verbal promise that you will definitely text someone to make plans with them and not follow through

I've had a few INFJs do this. It honestly makes me wonder if my friendship is something they couldn't care less about. That would definitely be the case if I were to do this shananigan.
    As a matter of fact, I know the person is an INFJ if they don't respond at all.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Ni
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Reason one. They've moved onto something else. Don't take it personal. Second reason. You win whatever argument you made. Third reason. You scared them away. Also. 99/100 INFPs think they use Ni, and it is some magical unconsciousness. They're right. We do it consciously. :P

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Reason one. They've moved onto something else. Don't take it personal.
    Oh. Then I never want to hear another butthurt comment from an INFJ about how mean an INTJ was to them when the INFJ blew them off, yet expected everything to be peachy. It's not personal, we're just being honest.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INfP

Not INFJ obviously but I do this very often. It's not purposeful, I see a text/email/whatever and think I'll get to it soon then just keep putting it off til eventually I forget entirely. It only takes a few minutes at most to respond to messages, but I'm just that bad a procrastinator. It doesn't help social stuff is not exactly my top priority and it can be difficult for me to figure out what I want to say to the person. OTL Definitely need to get better about it.