User Tag List

First 12

Thread: ENFP or INFP?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by iHeartCats View Post
    Having taken everything into consideration, he seems to be a Fi-dom since he didn't really want to get to know people whose values and feelings didn't match with his, and socialize with them.
    xNFPs are pretty reserved about who they get to know. But if you're the right person, it'll be like we've been best friends for life. I can't begin to explain how epic people like that are where you just don't care about dropping all your walls.

The description you gave sounded more ENFP than INFP as INFPs won't frequently hyperactively disregard rules or be particularly blunt. Also most INFPs have a hard time having a lot of friends. ENFPs tend to do this much better.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Am I the only one who got thrown off by all the sports stuff? NFPs, especially ENFPs are classically uncoordinated and not so good at the whole body-in-space thing.

Maybe an 8-wing could make one a little more physical though. I dunno, just a thought.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Am I the only one who got thrown off by all the sports stuff? NFPs, especially ENFPs are classically uncoordinated and not so good at the whole body-in-space thing.

Maybe an 8-wing could make one a little more physical though. I dunno, just a thought.
    Now you said it, I suddenly realize that none of INFPs I know is sports fanatic.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

I'm ENFP and I love sport, whether I'm watching or playing.

The person described in the OP doesn't quite sound Ne dominant. It might be easier to spot as an ENFP, but the Ne traits are something I find stands out with ENFPs and ENTPs.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Enneagram
    6 so
    Socionics
    ENFp Fi

This guy is a blatant ENFP. Where are you getting INFP from?
    Likes iHeartCats liked this post

Ne dominants I've met clearly love to unsettle the status quo, probably because intuition loves change, so lack of change is boring. However, they tend to be more subversive and probably gain more enjoyment from coming up with creative ideas for unsettling things than bothering to follow through and put them into action or join others who want to do the same.

Comparing to myself, I'd say the following:
    - was very physically active in school days and played many sports as a hobby, extreme sports included (he was very good at them)
    Fits me perfectly, and I love the extreme sports and pushing the limits.

- works or has recently worked as a snowboarding instructor
    Never been a sports instructor, but flirted with the idea because it would be more fun and social and closer to nature than sitting in an office.

- stubborn
    Definitely. I never accepted much unless I could prove it to myself or agreed with it. Though I tended to be diplomatic and best case outcome if I disagree.

- was a hyperactive kid
    In terms of asking lots of questions and being interested in lots, yes.

- had a hard time keeping himself out of trouble as a kid
    I tended to be a stablising influence that stopped us getting in more trouble. Internally this ends up being a bit of a fight between the will to break down stupid rules and try new things and a moral code within that keeps at you while you do.

- fairly (but not extremely) talkative
    Key thing here was it depended on the day and my interest level.

- restless, had difficulties sitting still for longer periods of time
    Maybe when I was younger, but I spend a lot of time finding escape to be with my thoughts and explore things in more depth. If there is stuff going on around me it could be hard to tune out sometimes.

- always has had many friends
    At primary school. Had quite a few friends at high school but had more trouble because I disliked a lot of the pretending and cool groups etc.

- emotionally guarded, even with close friends
    On some topics like who I had a crush on, but an open book on most personal topics.

- was very popular with the opposite sex but didn't seem to care about it much
    Maybe. Though I didn't notice if I was popular, wished I was

- had a blatant dislike for authority
    I've always got on with authority okay. I tend to dislike certain policies or ideas rather than people. Probably spent most of my childhood thinking everyone is a good person in some way.

- artsy, was good at drawing and spraying
    I suck at drawing and picking up those sort of skills.

- was intelligent and an underachiever in school
    Was intelligent, but lazy, and did what I needed to get where I wanted, but not much more. Didn't care too much for awards and achievement for show.

- blunt
    Tactful to the extreme. Wouldn't want to cause a stir.

- impolite
    Rarely.

- non-conformist in every possible way
    Non conformist but wanting to blend. Definitely didn't wear a sign saying it.

- had a mysterious vibe going on
    No idea. I was probably pretty straight forward. Didnt really provide much suggestion of the parts of me you didn't see.

- was actually hilarious in his manners and behavior but would always take himself very seriously
    Took myself seriously to a point and when I was nervous about stuff. Though I wouldn't say very serious. I liked silliness and was a bit of a smart ass.

- one of those people that you just can't read/can never know what they're thinking
    I'd probably be up front and blab about what I was thinking, but if I had something to hide, I'd hide it deep.

- would always hang exclusively with non-comformist people who had similar hobbies and interests as him, listened to same kind of music, etc.
    I hung out with more misfits than non-conformists, pretty sure they liked different music and had different hobbies to me though.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

I think it's easy to tell because real INFPs are the total opposite of obnoxious attention seekers. We INFPs are so quiet and in our heads all the time that we think we're in another world. An INFP usually hides in the background and stays mute. I think INFPs the easiest type that gets pointed out to be introverted and the "Quiet One". INFPs are the stereotypical quiet one so they have very few friends and seldom make any noise or express anything. ENFPs are also quiet as well and thats why they get mistyped as INFPs. INFPs on the other hand are all quiet so it's extremely rare you'll an INFP to mistype as an ENFP. ENFPs are quiet extroverts and INFPs are quiet introverts which is why it's so hard for ENFPs.