User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    I've read several Bowie biographies, listened to each album at least once, and watched countless interviews and behind-the-scenes footage (i.e. documentaries)--the man is anything but INFJ.

curious how you came to that conclusion.

I know ISFP is the popular choice for Bowie, but I'm not quite sure that's accurate either.
    Actually, I did not come to that conclusion all by myself (originally typed him as INFP). I was persuaded by an argument made by someone else on another forum (an INFP, by the way), and I agree with his analysis.

Bowie is all about social commentary (Fe/Ti) expressed in an abstract way (Ni), mostly through meaning and symbolic representation (once again, Ni).

Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin23 View Post
    Actually, I did not come to that conclusion all by myself (originally typed him as INFP). I was persuaded by an argument made by someone else on another forum (an INFP, by the way), and I agree with his analysis.

Bowie is all about social commentary (Fe/Ti) expressed in an abstract way (Ni), mostly through meaning and symbolic representation (once again, Ni).
    I would guess INTJ. Second guess ISFP, third guess INTP. Lyrics wise, his songs remind me a bit of Damon Albarn's lyrics (another NTJ) in that, yes, there is much social commentary (depending on which era) but from a very detached perspective. I could see how an INFJ might write similar lyrics from an alienated place, but I don't see Fe in Bowie's lyrics. Occasionally he has tried to write lyrics as though he were the sagely humanitarian, but more often than not it feels forced (i.e. Tin Machine era or even Scary Monsters). The man is a Fi user, but I doubt a Fi-dom. His most brutally honest lyrics can be found in the "Berlin trilogy" of albums (Low, 'Heroes' and Lodger)--they'd be a great place to start for anyone interested in pegging down his type. Compare him to a strong Fe user such as Bono who may or may not see himself as the Martin Luther King Jr. of Rock--love him or hate him, he reeks of Fe. Bowie or Albarn try to "Fe" in their lyrics and it doesn't feel all that sincere. However, the Fi is pretty evident, I think.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, perhaps mods can move this discussion to one of the Bowie threads.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    For another fantasy writer, Terry Brooks (the guy who does all the Shannara books) seems pretty INFP.
    I loved Elfstones of Shannara. Ahhh memories
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Might be because I am older. And so many people have commented to me over the years how 'stern' I look when I don't smile, and how beautiful my smile is. Meaning, there is a huge difference in my face when I smile and when I don't. Though inside I always feel the same, of course.

So, over the years I have come to an understanding of my facial expressions, as I have gotten feedback from others. Then I automatically began including it in my bag of tricks in relating to people, so to speak.
    Sounds like BRF syndrome, 'bitchy resting face'.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Rogue heart

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    J.K. Rowling's Silkworm is well woven

Just thought I'd let you all know since she's commonly referred to as INFP. Apparently her other Robert Galbraith book Casual Vacancy is about the class system in the UK + more evidently an INFJ work
    Unless she is Vicky Jo approved I don't buy it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I think most fantasy writers are NxFx. Fantasy just requires so much detachment from reality that's difficult to do even for auxilliary N types/dominant Judging types like FiNe or FeNi or TiNe. Since J.K. Rowling is clearly not ENFP, she must be INFJ.
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    583 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Fantasy just requires so much detachment from reality that's difficult to do even for auxilliary N types/dominant Judging types like FiNe or FeNi or TiNe.
    I don't see how that would be true, either the part about detachment from reality or the part about J-doms having difficulty with fantasy. It also ignores the sensors who write fantasy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I don't see how that would be true, either the part about detachment from reality or the part about J-doms having difficulty with fantasy. It also ignores the sensors who write fantasy.
    There's also the fact that different fantasy novels have varying levels of detachment from reality. For example, harry potter is more detached from twilight in the sense that the setting is more fantastical. But LOTR would be more detached from HP because it eliminates the non-magical world entirely. Maybe it isn't about "difficulty" but just less likelihood of creating more fantastical stories than N-doms. Or maybe it is about 'difficulty.' I'm not too sure anymore. It just seems to me that there's a certain 'distance' between N-doms and N-auxiliary. One can float in the air all the time while the other needs some 'ground' time.
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

lol

JKR is ISFJ as hell.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so