First 23456 Last

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Nobody's complained that she can't possibly be an INFJ because it's such a rare type? You've let me down, TypoC.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

She's very extroverted. Wouldn't be surprised if she was neither infp or infj. She really worked the circuit to get where she is...
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    She's very extroverted. Wouldn't be surprised if she was neither infp or infj. She really worked the circuit to get where she is...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Celebritytypes has JK Rowling typed as INFP, lol.

I dunno.
    celebritytypes is... not the most accurate.
    Likes KML liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I don't know. You sounds sort of infjish.

I said Fe DOM, not Fe aux. Yeah, I think Fe aux would be more mysterious looking because of the Ni.

I can miss important things sometimes because I can get honed in on one idea or thought, and into that one thought, so much so that I will miss all the other stuff going on. I'm usually not as good as other types with being able to remember exact things or even major things the person said or did. Yet, I must do something 'right' because people seem to like talking to me. Maybe because I am genuinely interested usually in what they have to say, and learning about them.

What about you?
    Yes, that's what I'm like too. I get really honed in on a conversation. Once, the house was literally on fire and I didn't notice ... I did notice that my husband was busying around and that something was going on, but I figured it was sorted, whatever it was, so carried on with the intense convo I was having. I am really very confused about my type though as every other INFJ I meet is very different to me. Maybe I am ENFJ but I just dont relate at all to any others who are also typed as ENFJ and am not really interested in leading, more in influencing, and preferably in writing!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Whereas I am pretty controlled with...
    Oh so you are jk rowling and have been putting up this aphrodite persona all this time?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Oh so you are jk rowling and have been putting up this aphrodite persona all this time?
    haha I wish! I'd be rich rich rich!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

No one finds me friendly or approachable or emotionally open in person. People nag at me to smile, complain they cannot tell how I feel, project stuff onto me, etc. I do get strangers making emotional confessions to me, but that is at odds with how I am perceived socially.

This is almost entirely a 9 vs 4 enneagram thing for INFPs. The 9 INFPs I know do have a much more approachable, relaxed, friendly aura and they more readily express positive emotion. They don't use emotional expression so much as a TOOL, however, which does seem more Fe over all, but they do not come across as blank or cold.

I honestly do use emotional expression as a tool, but it's crappy "faux Fe" I put on to avoid being stigmatized so much for not being a typical gushy girl. However, when I do have genuinely strong emotion and a suitable context/reason to express it, then I'm more passionate and intense than my e9 friends. I may keep this at bay because it's not the easy warmth of the e9 and it can be disturbing to people.

INFJs seem more controlled, even if they become very expressive. It all seems "calculated". Being Ni-dom, they can seem expressionless & not extremely emotive too, which I think is more introversion than anything. Te-dom seem highly expressive & animated to me, as do all extroverts, so I think that has way less to do with Feeling than Extroversion.

Anyway, on-topic: I don't like this author or the fantasy genre in general. I think the fantasy genre is mistakenly associated with iNtuition, when fantasy itself is not iNtuition in the Jungian sense. So much in the fantasy genre is very straight-forward story-telling (fantastical elements, but lacking in real symbolism and developed themes, so that it's just action & plot in a whimsical setting), which is always how this author has struck me, although I am admittedly not well-acquainted with her books because their very concept doesn't interest me.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry, KML, riva, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No one finds me friendly or approachable or emotionally open in person. People nag at me to smile, complain they cannot tell how I feel, project stuff onto me, etc. I do get strangers making emotional confessions to me, but that is at odds with how I am perceived socially.

This is almost entirely a 9 vs 4 enneagram thing for INFPs. The 9 INFPs I know do have a much more approachable, relaxed, friendly aura and they more readily express positive emotion. They don't use emotional expression so much as a TOOL, however, which does seem more Fe over all, but they do not come across as blank or cold.

I honestly do use emotional expression as a tool, but it's crappy "faux Fe" I put on to avoid being stigmatized so much for not being a typical gushy girl. However, when I do have genuinely strong emotion and a suitable context/reason to express it, then I'm more passionate and intense than my e9 friends. I may keep this at bay because it's not the easy warmth of the e9 and it can be disturbing to people.

INFJs seem more controlled, even if they become very expressive. It all seems "calculated". Being Ni-dom, they can seem expressionless & not extremely emotive too, which I think is more introversion than anything. Te-dom seem highly expressive & animated to me, as do all extroverts, so I think that has way less to do with Feeling than Extroversion.

Anyway, on-topic: I don't like this author or the fantasy genre in general. I think the fantasy genre is mistakenly associated with iNtuition, when fantasy itself is not iNtuition in the Jungian sense. So much in the fantasy genre is very straight-forward story-telling (fantastical elements, but lacking in real symbolism and developed themes, so that it's just action & plot in a whimsical setting), which is always how this author has struck me, although I am admittedly not well-acquainted with her books because their very concept doesn't interest me.
    Tolkien was worth it.
    Likes SpankyMcFly, Punderstorm liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahbob View Post
    I believe her. The "muggles vs. wizards" thing never sat well with me. Too much othering for the work of your prototypical INFP.
    Agreed; Fe not Fi. The Harry Potter books have a social justice undercurrent, and this is something that NFJs project effortlessly.

MBTI
    INFP

Fe is the best at portraying what they want you to see. Not Fi. If you can tell the infj is angry, then they want you to know they are angry. Otherwise, they would easily hide it.

Infps, I think, know what they are feeling very well usually, or can figure it out, but they might have a hard time getting that across to the other person, because of their lack of Fe. They also are very concerned that they are understood correctly.

That is my experience anyway.

Also, Fe acts in the best, most efficient way necessary for the other person/people. It isn't about 'pressure' but about purpose and intent. Fe is polished and smooth. Fi can come out jaggedy because the person is more internally inclined, not outwardly inclined.
    That is pretty spot on in my experience. I usually know what I'm feeling but I might not always be able to easily find words to describe it to someone else. I also have a really hard time letting things go if I don't feel like I got the resolution that I was looking for. For example, if my husband and I are talking something out, and he doesn't respond in a way that lets me know he heard the point I'm trying to illustrate, then I'll get really obnoxious and keep repeating myself, like a loop, or I'll keep bringing the conversation up at later dates until I feel like it's been resolved (ultimately, meaning we both fully understand where the other is coming from).