First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Susurrus View Post
    Probably outwardly INFJs may appear more serious, but more lighthearted inwardly. On the other hand, INFPs may take themselves more seriously considering that they have an inner judging function while outwardly appearing more relaxed.
    It seems to me that INFJ's appear more serious because their primary function is Intuition, not Feeling, so they use it as a tool, consciously, rather than automatically. Whereas for INFP's, we can't help our responses, almost, and they do tend to show on our face, like it or not! Also, it is quite serious on the inside for us, despite the aura of relaxedness we portray Any other INFP's agree with this?
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post

In fact, this is a very interesting concept overall: that of how Fi and Fe express themselves in expressions.
    Yes! Do you have any observations/thoughts on this?? I've commented some of mine already on this thread ...

Quote Originally Posted by KML View Post
    It seems to me that INFJ's appear more serious because their primary function is Intuition, not Feeling, so they use it as a tool, consciously, rather than automatically. Whereas for INFP's, we can't help our responses, almost, and they do tend to show on our face, like it or not! Also, it is quite serious on the inside for us, despite the aura of relaxedness we portray Any other INFP's agree with this?
    I always thought that INFPs were better at hiding reactions than Fe users would simply because Fi is not pressured by outside influence to act or emote in a certain way. I can usually tell when an INFJ is angry or confused whereas I have more difficulty with INFPs to know what they're feeling.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Yes! Do you have any observations/thoughts on this?? I've commented some of mine already on this thread ...
    Oh, I think you said it perfectly (better than I could) in our previous post. I don't know much about Fi. I just know my infp friend and colleague used to sometimes offend me with her unchecked facial expressions. She also would be verbally expressive to the point of being inappropriate (others commented on this too, not just me). Her Fi was just unchecked. I'm not sure why. She was authentic, yes. But Fi-ers sometimes misbelieve that what they perceive as authentic is an objective, not subjective, feeling; and is understood by all. I don't mean to pick on her, she's just my usual example of INFP that I know intimately.

Fe doms smile a lot! And are probably the most aware of body language, wouldn't you agree?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Susurrus View Post
    I always thought that INFPs were better at hiding reactions than Fe users would simply because Fi is not pressured by outside influence to act or emote in a certain way. I can usually tell when an INFJ is angry or confused whereas I have more difficulty with INFPs to know what they're feeling.
    Fe is the best at portraying what they want you to see. Not Fi. If you can tell the infj is angry, then they want you to know they are angry. Otherwise, they would easily hide it.

Infps, I think, know what they are feeling very well usually, or can figure it out, but they might have a hard time getting that across to the other person, because of their lack of Fe. They also are very concerned that they are understood correctly.

That is my experience anyway.

Also, Fe acts in the best, most efficient way necessary for the other person/people. It isn't about 'pressure' but about purpose and intent. Fe is polished and smooth. Fi can come out jaggedy because the person is more internally inclined, not outwardly inclined.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes Video liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I don't know if Fi doms show their feelings through their face.. or if that is an Fe thing..

Are INFJs more serious than INFPs?

Do you have it backwards?
    Yes, I dont know? But if you look at the Celebrity Types site, for example, you will notice that the INFJ's are definitely more serious, or mysterious looking, than the INFP's. Also, every INFJ I know is friendly but also a bit far away. The INFP's seems definitely friendly, quite sweet. As for feelings showing on the face, now I think about it, INFJ's do show very strong feelings ...
    I'm thinking of myself here ... I am definitely NOT an INFJ but everyone says my feelings reflect what others are telling me, or rather, my own response to what others are telling me (which is usually empathy though sometimes not!) I don't say out loud what I'm feeling and I'm not wildly comforting, often I don't know what to say (other than to ask questions to get them to talk more and to help them figure out what's going on), but people feel heard by me just because of my facial expressions! Since I am not an INFJ, I assumed this was an Fi thing, rather than an Fe thing? What do you think Evee?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yes, I dont know? But if you look at the Celebrity Types site, for example, you will notice that the INFJ's are definitely more serious, or mysterious looking, than the INFP's. Also, every INFJ I know is friendly but also a bit far away. The INFP's seems definitely friendly, quite sweet. As for feelings showing on the face, now I think about it, INFJ's do show very strong feelings ...
    Celebritytypes has JK Rowling typed as INFP, lol.

I'm thinking of myself here ... I am definitely NOT an INFJ but everyone says my feelings reflect what others are telling me, or rather, my own response to what others are telling me (which is usually empathy though sometimes not!) I don't say out loud what I'm feeling and I'm not wildly comforting, often I don't know what to say (other than to ask questions to get them to talk more and to help them figure out what's going on), but people feel heard by me just because of my facial expressions! Since I am not an INFJ, I assumed this was an Fi thing, rather than an Fe thing? What do you think Evee?
    I dunno.

Fe is the best at portraying what they want you to see. Not Fi. If you can tell the infj is angry, then they want you to know they are angry. Otherwise, they would easily hide it.

Infps, I think, know what they are feeling very well usually, or can figure it out, but they might have a hard time getting that across to the other person, because of their lack of Fe. They also are very concerned that they are understood correctly.

That is my experience anyway.

Also, Fe acts in the best, most efficient way necessary for the other person/people. It isn't about 'pressure' but about purpose and intent. Fe is polished and smooth. Fi can come out jaggedy because the person is more internally inclined, not outwardly inclined.
    That was very insightful, thank you!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?

Fe doms smile a lot! And are probably the most aware of body language, wouldn't you agree?
    Well I'm not sure. When you look at the Celebrity Types site, all the INFJ's are quite serious or mysterious looking, like they'd be harder to know. The INFP's on the other hand are sweet and freindly looking, seem more approachable. I know, for me, I am approachable and not mysterious seeming at all and have been wondering whether this makes me an extroverted feeler or an introverted feeler?

With regard to body language, well I don't think much about that myself. On the one hand I can be very unaware of people, but if I notice them or am focused on them, I tend to mirror them very naturally, and would only rarely miss something important being said, if you know what I mean. Usually I would ask a question to You are an INFJ, does this sound like you or different?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I don't know. You sounds sort of infjish.

I said Fe DOM, not Fe aux. Yeah, I think Fe aux would be more mysterious looking because of the Ni.

I can miss important things sometimes because I can get honed in on one idea or thought, and into that one thought, so much so that I will miss all the other stuff going on. I'm usually not as good as other types with being able to remember exact things or even major things the person said or did. Yet, I must do something 'right' because people seem to like talking to me. Maybe because I am genuinely interested usually in what they have to say, and learning about them.

What about you?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes KML liked this post