• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Imaginary Conversation for MBTI Analysis - INFP & INTJ

devaf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
An imaginary phone call with an INFP from an INTJ. yeah, it is modeled on real life typed persons, and yes, the overall context is real and happened.
Whats interesting for me is I decided the guy was an INFP and then asked him to take a test, and it was a correct surmise. Another +1 for MBTI being a useful tool.

And yeah, here the INTJ=me

INTJ - hi

INFP - hi

INTJ - listen, i want to talk to you and i need you to talk to me, don't hangup and don't go incognito on me again. you are my brother's kid, you were the first baby in our family, i just want to make sure things are done right.

INFP - how is grandma?

INTJ - fine, fine. i want you to reconsider all your decisions. let me summarize, you gonna throw away your job as a management consultant, at the point where you are offered a promotion with a 40% salary hike and you are going to put your inheritance into a business thats going to promote eco friendly living?

INFP - its what i want to do, i have been researching it .

INTJ - why haven't you sent me your business plan? do you even have one?

INFP - i have my research

INTJ - have you showed it to anyone and discussed the pros and cons?

INFP - my mother and X( his fiancee) like it

INTJ - X is fresh out of college and not yet completed her first year at work. your mother, i could say something, but i have promised not to talk about her again since you will then hangup the phone.In short, i meant, did you talk to anyone who has at least a modicum of competence to discuss these things. what is it exactly that you plan to do?

INFP - i am going to buy some farmland and set up models to show how to live in harmony with the earth. i will have three main modules covering buildings, water and food.

INTJ - What?! ...
how much sunk cost? whats the ROI and when to reach break even point? How is the project going to be monetized? Have you addressed all of these? What do you know about farming at all?

INFP - Once i have everything to show, which is about a year and a half, i will be a consultant for others and also run workshops on the property

INTJ - how are you funding it? why do you need land at all? you can start this rightaway, if your heart is set on it? i will give you a couple hundred square feet office space in the city and you can hire space on daily basis for seminars.

INFP - A major lifestyle change is the first step to sustainable living. I have to show that it can be done.Also, I have to demonstrate the models, first of all, to myself.

INTJ - you mean you don't know whether your planned projects will work or not? But your ready to cut the cheques and spend your whole money on it? I haven't come across any such thing except in non-profits and that also needs a lot of business tactics to get it working. do you plan to earn money? what about your brother's share in the money?

INFP - i am only borrowing my brother's share. I will pay it back when he asks for it, with interest.

INTJ - pay it from where? after the money is wasted away, how will you pay it back? first of all, he is a minor, legally, he isn't qualified in law to accept such deals, you gotta protect him. what the hell is wrong with your mother, she shouldn't allow this. If I had locus, I would sue and stop this goddamn thing

INFP - please don't get angry and stressed.

INTJ - ok, ok. It your funeral. Tell me this, are you a business man or an activist or what are you, how do you define your new self?

INFP - I am just an ordinary man who wants to live in harmony with nature and Mother Earth.

INTJ - And that you gotta buy for so much money?

INFP - I already made an agreement for sale for X acres at location Y.

INTJ - Oh!!...
well, then thats done. At the very least, you have to plan the monetization. Why can't you start consulting and workshops immediately? Is the land already getting produce that you can sell?

INFP - We have to restart farming from scratch. The soil needs a couple of years to heal after all the years of inorganic abuse. We have to cultivate organic and non-GMO seeds also first and replace pesticides with bio and friendly methods.

INTJ - what about the workshops and consulting? what about your written business project plan? you gotta make it out on paper and send it over to me. Your not going to become one of those anti-GMO activists I hope. With our population, the scientists and their companies are the only way to avoid famine today.

INFP - These are all myths perpetuated by governments and corporates out of greed. We can live very simply with our land using sustainable technologies, both scientifc & modern, as well as traditional and almost-lost kinds. I have to demonstrate the sustainable models. First to myself, then to the world.

INTJ - look, you gotta do your work from scratch you say. There is bound to be a section of people who want to work hands on and build from scratch, like you. Make a plan on how to identify this sector, how to reach out to them, what amount of work and money is involved in that. Instead of paying to get things done, start getting paid to get your stuff done.

INFP - that sounds like a good idea. we can arrange a home stay near the land.

INTJ - whose name is the business registered in? What is the business entity form, like a partnership or a private company or a foundation or what?

INFP - i have put the land agreement in my name, not yet thought about the rest

INTJ - oh hell!! ok, listen, when you register the land, make it to you, your mother and brother, thats the way the inheritance is, so its fair to do that. you mother will sign for your brother. in case of issues tomorrow, your brother can file a suit against you two and lock up the title of the land. Meet my accountant and register a company, which will lease the land. Don't involve your mother in the company, maybe your fiancee is OK. The company's losses in paper can be used to offset your earnings so don't have to pay tax till you really start earning more.

INFP - ok, I will do that.

INTJ - Listen, don't stop talking to me again. Let me tell you this, when I shout sometimes, its because I have your best interests in my heart. Don't get so angry, like me. If you do, feel free to show it to me, I wouldn't mind.

INFP - I was not at all angry with you. I understand and believe you in all things.I value your advice.

INTJ - Stay close in touch and don't get or stay angry with me.

INFP - I will. Its just that I don't like it when you are angry and especially feel bad about you yelling things about my mother.You started to do that every time we talked.

INTJ - ok, ok, I already told you I won't talk about her to you.

You have to do all the functions of a business equally, not just the things that interest you. Otherwise things will fail. What you think you cannot do, or do not want to because you don't like to, hand it over to me, i will get it done for you, ok? And stay in close touch and call me anytime, for anything.ok? Bye.

INFP - ok , thank you very much.You are concerned about family so much.One of the best gifts that you can give your loved ones is clean water and food. Down the line, this change is very important. What we see today going against nature is just a bubble burst in the history of time. We need to learn to align scientific advance with Nature's wisdom, so that all our lives become harmonious with the universe.

INTJ - These are major questions. I just don't know enough to start talking all this now. I do know however, that you better plan and execute that plan to the best possible degree. Remember everything we talked about, don't forget about it. Call me daily, early mornings will work best.

INFP - ok, uncle, take care, bye

INTJ - bye

And then, I have to do some deep breathing to reduce my anger. I am angry, lol. I maybe a tool, but like MBTI I'd like to be a useful tool, ha ha.

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
An imaginary phone call with an INFP from an INTJ. yeah, it is modeled on real life typed persons, and yes, the overall context is real and happened.
Whats interesting for me is I decided the guy was an INFP and then asked him to take a test, and it was a correct surmise. Another +1 for MBTI being a useful tool.

Don't go too straw man in your mind about INFPs - you might meet some you like. I've had a few INTJs who were really close friends. Another one whom I hated was a total jerk to me - but his girlfriend was even more "way out there INFP" than the one in your dialog and he lost his mind when she dumped him after like three years.

But, yeah, she is completely crazy like your eco-farm organic hippie guy.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm... is it bad that I sympathized a lot more with the INFP guy than with the INTJ? :unsure:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The INFP is right in the long run, but his efforts will come to naught if he doesn't have a solid plan. If these two can manage to work together, there is an excellent chance of something worthwhile coming out of it.

devaf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't go too straw man in your mind about INFPs - you might meet some you like.

Hey, I *love* the guy, lol. I have now started buying organic for my family based on his advice. What angers me is that I think that whats built after a long, hard, uphill walk (creating monetary savings) should not get wasted by impulsive and unplanned expenditure.

I admit I can be an arrogant and condescending and rude SOB, but generally I hide it well, ha ha.

Regarding 'going strawman', my approach right now is to examine the validity of using MBTI, so in this case, it did work. I guessed a type and the person typed what I guessed. I wrote the dialogue to provide the background for this, as well as offer material for additional analysis based on type narratives.

My overall plan is to understand MBTI as much as possible and start looking into physiological cause and effects of personality and how far they are measurable reliably, but I have no idea of the time frames involved at this point. I am also looking at it (typology of personality) as an easy tool to help me with relations to others, which hasn't been optimal so far, to say the least.

I must say it is progressing well so far.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do to - but it's like a "I need to correct your crazy GMO phobia you poor lost soul!" thing...

Ah, I see :alttongue: my sympathy for the guy was more along the lines of, "You go, brother! Go chase your dreams! I'd totally support your cause!" :static:

devaf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't say he is a 'hippie' type at all.

Things also working out ok in real life, that type of conversation was nearly two years ago.

In fact, he has show cased a new low cost single storey housing made from compressed earth as well as a toilet system. This is a govt of India initiative called 'Sulabh toilet' which is a cheap system that does not need to plug into a central sewage system. He is adding to it by doing some system where sewage is simply an earth pit and any adverse bacterial spread is modified and contained by a small radius of specified flora.

He has been approved a small monthly grant to continue his work unhindered. While it isn't great, it is enough for him to make his ends meet for now.

There is a major govt thrust and expenditure on housing and toilets in India currently budgeted till 2022 and I hope he can really surf this wave, he is positioned well for it.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Things also working out ok in real life, that type of conversation was nearly two years ago.

In fact, he has show cased a new low cost single storey housing made from compressed earth as well as a toilet system. This is a govt of India initiative called 'Sulabh toilet' which is a cheap system that does not need to plug into a central sewage system. He is adding to it by doing some system where sewage is simply an earth pit and any adverse bacterial spread is modified and contained by a small radius of specified flora.

He has been approved a small monthly grant to continue his work unhindered. While it isn't great, it is enough for him to make his ends meet for now.

There is a major govt thrust and expenditure on housing and toilets in India currently budgeted till 2022 and I hope he can really surf this wave, he is positioned well for it.

Ah, really? :D I've heard about that initiative recently (I'm an NRI member of India's new MyGov site), I do hope the project is successful over time!

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4

Sorry, I'm in the U.S. - I would see the 'gonna run a GMO farm" in a different light from some people here.

devaf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, it looks like it can be something big.

There is a small community out there now, educated guys going back to farming. Is it possible for a whole society to be INFP, lol?

Seeing interest in this thread is forthcoming, I will share a few more conflicts and anecdotes.

I was basically not 'allowed' into the project, was my rant. I did do a few things before he started, like the setup of his paperwork and approve the legal documentation for the land etc.

There were (and still are) some conflicts, not only with my nephew, but some of his neighbors. Some examples follow.

One guy, he quit a job in the US and lives now on the rent from his home in US. He took his kids out of school and they run free all day on the land. The children real smart kids, but are constantly the targets of bullying from the uneducated kids in the nearby village. I am afraid I have been rude and intruding to them.

There is another guy, an ex school teacher, who has no money and lives off the others in the developing community and gets some money from his aging parents. Its none of my business so far. The day I met him, his 10 y.o daughter limps up and I learn she was injured by a nail in the foot. They didn't give anti tetanus shot and a village 'doctor' who applied something made from some leaf. I also learned that these guys do not support vaccination. That was the time from which I was clearly said to be unwelcome anymore. (But my guy, he has a scientific temper, so I am glad for that).

Things became better after a major issue affecting everyone. I helped stop an improperly granted granite mining license in the area by legal action and directly talking to the licensee. I forced myself into the helm then. This is a very lucrative and political nexus driven business and requires a lot of background to solve. They sort of are obliged not to kick me out and I continue to thrust my nose, into the affairs going on there, lol. Its all out of love and affection only, but maybe not expressed so well.

devaf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Its interesting to see that my focus (read the title, my comments and reply again to see it) was on MBTI analysis and the conversational and narrative contents were meant to serve that purpose. But there is little or no response to that, but only to the sample dialogues and anecdotal narration.

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, it looks like it can be something big.

There is a small community out there now, educated guys going back to farming. Is it possible for a whole society to be INFP, lol?

Seeing interest in this thread is forthcoming, I will share a few more conflicts and anecdotes.

I was basically not 'allowed' into the project, was my rant. I did do a few things before he started, like the setup of his paperwork and approve the legal documentation for the land etc.

I'm not into the "lets build a commune and drink cyanide" thing.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Wish you were my uncle, I've never had much good advice from my family.