User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: ENFP Moments

MBTI
    ENFP

My first post!

My ENFP moments have been when people have said things to me like the following:

- You're too enthusiastic. It makes you appear immature. Stop it.

- You're so quiet, then when you finally open your mouth, it's something funny/shocking/surprising (I've gotten this one a lot).

- All the dogs/cats/children love you/are drawn to you.

- You need to learn that everybody doesn't need to hear your ideas and opinions (said to me on a couple of occasions by employers who were passing me over for a promotion).

- Shut up.

- You're careless/inconsiderate/selfish/mean.

- You're too weak for love.

- You just want to make yourself the big hit.

- You're very lovable.

- You have incredible people skills.

- You're so detail oriented.

- You know the words to every song written since 1920!

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

OMG this stuff is so true! most of it anyways. here are a few of my own. there will probably be some overlaps but who care right?

- some people think i'm immature. i hate that. i'm childish, not immature. there's a big difference.

- i tell myself i'll be organized all the time too .

- i always find myself playing on the cpu while trying to study at the same time. i like to peek at the TV and see what people are watching too.

- some people call me an attention whore.

- some people say it's great how i don't care what other people think.

- i get sidetracked by babies too :P

- i learn so much better when i'm talking with people in a group.

- my life works in stages of obsessions. once i find a new one i forget about the old one and move on.

- whenever i think i like someone, i idealize and make them 'the best ever'. it could turn out that i don't get along with that person very well at all, but in my mind we would have 'so much in common'. i'll also tell myself that 'she just needs time' and "if she just let go of all the baggage and be herself we'll be perfect for each other".

fun being an ENFP huh?

MBTI
    ENFP

You're so right! I've gotten that one, too, that I'm like a little kid. We're childlike, not immature!

It's also interesting how some of the things we hear are contradictory. For example, in addition to being told I'm great with people, I've also been told that I have no social skills!

Sometimes I'm told I can't focus (and I also feel that I can't), but once I get focused, I get REALLY focused. Once I decided to develop my detail skills, I became better-than-average at them. Although Sensing is my inferior function, I now notice details that other people do not.

I also think it says a lot about some other types that they would actually SAY hurtful things like this to a person!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nansense View Post
    My first post!

My ENFP moments have been when people have said things to me like the following:

- You're too enthusiastic. It makes you appear immature. Stop it.

- You're so quiet, then when you finally open your mouth, it's something funny/shocking/surprising (I've gotten this one a lot).

- All the dogs/cats/children love you/are drawn to you.

- You need to learn that everybody doesn't need to hear your ideas and opinions (said to me on a couple of occasions by employers who were passing me over for a promotion).

- Shut up.

- You're careless/inconsiderate/selfish/mean.

- You're too weak for love.

- You just want to make yourself the big hit.

- You're very lovable.

- You have incredible people skills.

- You're so detail oriented.

- You know the words to every song written since 1920!
    My sister is an enfp, she talks...a lot. about a lot of random stuff, she hugs me 24/7, she's lovable everyone loves my sister. I do think she's selfish, not mean. Wow, almost every single fact you've mentioned is true about her..
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Nansense View Post
    You're so right! I've gotten that one, too, that I'm like a little kid. We're childlike, not immature!

It's also interesting how some of the things we hear are contradictory. For example, in addition to being told I'm great with people, I've also been told that I have no social skills!

Sometimes I'm told I can't focus (and I also feel that I can't), but once I get focused, I get REALLY focused. Once I decided to develop my detail skills, I became better-than-average at them. Although Sensing is my inferior function, I now notice details that other people do not.

I also think it says a lot about some other types that they would actually SAY hurtful things like this to a person!
    the focus thing is a really ENFP thing. that's why i said i love between obsessions. it's annoying too a lot of times because i often go 'why didn't i do this sooner?'. it's eve worse when it's something like an essay that i end up enjoying writing because that's fulfilling as well as good for my grades.

about the details stuff? it's kinda ironic, but i find myself noticing a lot of details that other people don't. i think that actually is mentioned in some ENFP analysis too. when my group of friends are watching movies, they sometimes watch it again and say stuff like 'i didn't realize what was going on in the background the last time' or 'every time i watch it i find something new'. that never happens to me, i see those things the first time. i just don't like indulging on details when the bigger picture's so much more important. i don't like narrowing myself down to just a series of details, that's somewhat shallow imo. doesn't mean i don't notice them though.

o and about the hugs? i hug everyone all the time too

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

After reading this thread I have wieghed all the pros and cons of my ENFP personality, and I still wouldn't want to be anything else I <3 me.

My sister is also an ENFP. I think my daughter is one as well. She is my exact carbon copy of me as a child. Get this... her fav Disney princess...The Little Mermaid! lol. (That was random)

I've never considered myself weird. I think it's weird that other ENFPs do though.
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeCakes View Post
    I've never considered myself weird. I think it's weird that other ENFPs do though.
    I take that back. I always was the odd one when I was younger. I guess I've embraced who I am.
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

After reading this thread I have wieghed all the pros and cons of my ENFP personality, and I still wouldn't want to be anything else I <3 me.

My sister is also an ENFP. I think my daughter is one as well. She is my exact carbon copy of me as a child. Get this... her fav Disney princess...The Little Mermaid! lol. (That was random)

ariel's an ENFP . not that i would know. it's not like i have kinky mermaid princess fantasies.

i consider myself weird too, but i take a lot of pride in it. what people call 'weird' just means 'does not do what mainstream society conforms to', and i love that.

MBTI
    ENFP

You're an inspiration! I'm not quite as far along on my journey of embracing myself as an ENFP. In fact, I almost posted on the pity party thread before here...but I ultimately deleted what I was going to post. I really was having a pity party today, literally in tears about how "hard it is" to be an ENFP. But in the end, I just saved the text instead of posting it. It was just too maudlin. (Over the years I've learned better than to write on the Internet on certain days of the month. Posting UIH? Under the Influence of Hormones? ) I want to reach the point where I can say I wouldn't want to be anything else. Not quite there yet.

Gee, I don't think you're weird at all!
    There is no way to happiness; happiness is the way. - Anonymous

The brick walls are there for the other people. - Randy Pausch

MBTI
    ENFP

I get told I'm bipolar all the time. My mind just changes with the new ideas and information presented to me! That's all

I hugged a guy I met on the train after talking for like 10 minutes.

I get obsessed with things, like vampires, Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, The Beatles, Nine Inch Nails, and then find a new thing to be obsessed with! I seriously listened to The Beatles for like, 2 months straight. That's ALL I would listen to. Now I'm only listening to Nine Inch Nails... Have been for the past month.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.