User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Reason is a universal language, your ears are just blocked.

Soon our voices will be loud enough.
    Or the ears will unblock enough.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Yeah, actually.

Most people are assholes, and I have been blessed or cursed to not happen to be one of them.

See I don't agree with this, I think everyone including myself and you has been an asshole at some point in their lives (life?) but at the same time those people who are assholes most of the time have not been an asshole. Sure some people are asshole 99.99999% while their alive.

And I really don't care what your morals are, and if they're not the same as mine. I don't care. The point is I don't care what you believe as long as you treat everyone with the amount of respect they deserve, even if they were raised different then you and therefore might have different morals then you. You can try to get them to see things from your side, but don't try to change them. I love when someone who is totally different then myself is able to let me see things from their point of view.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

THE TRUTH IS, THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT WRONG!!!

And that it never has been, nor never will be wrong, regardless of how many ignoridiots there are who happen to believe otherwise.
    That may be correct in the sense that morally right and wrong can never be objectively true. But we if talk only in the terms of morality, which is subjective, than it is a real debate.

I'm fine with gay people, but I can't deny that there's no way to objectively state that homosexuality is good or bad. I could make arguments that it is harmless, but what is harm? Harm is subjective. So, even if I scientifically explained that homosexuality does not result in any kind of physical process that permanently slows or halts the operation of the body or of society... That still wouldn't define "good". Deontologically, someone could argue that homosexuality is still wrong, just by honor. Just as well, you could deontologically argue that homosexuality is fine by rights.

It's not objective.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is off topic, and I am not in the mood to provide you with an autobiographical dissertation as to why I believe in certain universal moral truths.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

So much tripe.

So very much.

Not your fault. Your premise is poorly planted.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    So much tripe.

So very much.

Not your fault. Your premise is poorly planted.
    Whose tripe, whose premise?

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    See I don't agree with this, I think everyone including myself and you has been an asshole at some point in their lives (life?) but at the same time those people who are assholes most of the time have not been an asshole. Sure some people are asshole 99.99999% while their alive.

And I really don't care what your morals are, and if they're not the same as mine. I don't care. The point is I don't care what you believe as long as you treat everyone with the amount of respect they deserve, even if they were raised different then you and therefore might have different morals then you. You can try to get them to see things from your side, but don't try to change them. I love when someone who is totally different then myself is able to let me see things from their point of view.
    Yeah but treating people with respect is just another value that others may not share.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yeah but treating people with respect is just another value that others may not share.
    True. sad, but true. very true

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

This is off topic, and I am not in the mood to provide you with an autobiographical dissertation as to why I believe in certain universal moral truths.
    We've already been off topic for a while.
    There are some things that appear to be good to most people. Following a sense of good on that premise would be Fe.

I try to satisfy every part of my mind with my morals. My Ti, Te, Fi, and Fe, and in their own strange way, my perception, too. But even my moral code is one that I must admit is subjective. It's pragmatic, utilitarian, and pluralistic, and still subjective!

Can you bring me a brick of moral good?
    Can you write me an a equation that proves morality?

I know why a person would want to think that their moral code was the truth. It's obviously self-empowering, and provides a sense of safety. But it's niceness doesn't make it the objective truth.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    True. sad, but true. very true
    Moral relativity contradicts itself. You'll first have to throw off your humanity to become a true relativist.
    It doesn't deserve much intellectual attention.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.