User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    wait are you saying anyone who doesn't have the same morals as you is a dick?

[just playing devils advocate]
    Moral relativity is hard to argue against, but we cannot be unconditionally accepting.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHHHH, your Fe is yet again killing me!!!

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it."
    What? Are you implying that I don't believe what you just quoted? That's completely misinterpretation of what I'm getting at.

Truth, includes things like 2 + 2 = 4, and that the earth orbits around the sun.

Truth does not include the notion that homosexuality is wrong, or that you should never steal.

Do you see what the difference is?
    You are treating your moral beliefs as fact. This is not correct.
    I'm not contesting your Fi with Fe, I'm contesting it with Te and Ti. Your morality is not fact, and it's ignorant for you to assume that others will recognize it like fact. It's not always a moral obligation to consider that other people don't believe what you do, it's mostly a practical one.

Yeah, that was point, you define "Truth", and we actually *see* Truth.

This 100% baseless F vs T pissing contest is really killing me.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    Moral relativity is hard to argue against, but we cannot be unconditionally accepting.
    true.but if someone doesn't have the same morals as me, I usually don't automatically assume they're a dick. Unless they're acting like their morals are the only ones that matter and if yours is slightly different that you are some how "wrong"

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is ri-dick-u-lous.

NTs, ironically are the most difficult people to reason with.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    JIxT

true.but if someone doesn't have the same morals as me, I usually don't automatically assume they're a dick. Unless they're acting like their morals are the only ones that matter and if yours is slightly different that you are some how "wrong"
    Correct. The problem is when someone makes an ass out of u and me without trying communication or compromise.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

wait are you saying anyone who doesn't have the same morals as you is a dick?
    Yeah, actually.

Most people are assholes, and I have been blessed or cursed to not happen to be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    You know, the Fs mentioned in the OP will find one way or the other to be offended. There is nothing I can do to stop being an 'asshole' even when I try not to offend them!

Murkrow is on the right track. In most cases, you just state your reasoning and walk away, it doesn't matter if they registered what you said. Its hopeless because their emotional reaction will eclpise their faculties of rational cognition to the point where they simply cannot arrive at an objective understanding of what you said.

In most cases you won't need to be on good terms with such Fs. You may as well say nothing at all. But if you want your voice heard, do that.

If you need to be on good terms with them, than use my method.
    Gah, Blah, and HA!!!

Two intelligent people with similar values will get along with, and appreciate each other.

The end.

-CC

P.S.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    Correct. The problem is when someone makes an ass out of u and me without trying communication or compromise.
    exactly. I find it interesting how as an F I'm suppose to get offended at all these different things, but if it's a joke, and doesn't include people I know and like including myself I don't get offended. I do get offended when the person is being an arrogant jackoff and knows that they are. It takes alot to offend me, I know it's possible.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

This is ri-dick-u-lous.

NTs, ironically the most difficult people to reason with.
    That is pretty odd, isn't it? So odd that it seems to need some kind of outside explanation...

Do you ever consider that even 50% of it might be your fault? Really, you might want to go sit in BlueWing's corner. You can argue for eternity, F vs T, rough versus refined, brevity vs length. The only thing you'll share is an inability to reflect on your own short-comings.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    What? Are you implying that I don't believe what you just quoted? That's completely misinterpretation of what I'm getting at.

Truth, includes things like 2 + 2 = 4, and that the earth orbits around the sun.

Truth does not include the notion that homosexuality is wrong, or that you should never steal.

Do you see what the difference is?
    THE TRUTH IS, THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT WRONG!!!

And that it never has been, nor never will be wrong, regardless of how many ignoridiots there are who happen to believe otherwise.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Two intelligent people with similar values will get along with, and appreciate each other.

The end.

-CC
    Reason is a universal language, your ears are just blocked.

Soon our voices will be loud enough.
    wails from the crypt.