User Tag List

First 56789 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    They say they do. But recognizing it is as important.
    Yeah, it is. We perceive it and then we believe it, you guys believe it and then you "perceive" it.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    I bet you $5000 imaginary dollars you marry an ENT
    Maybe, but I picture it as being more easy to settle down with an INT.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    When someone is being a dick, they are usually being selfish...
    Like you?

...mean, and morally wrong...
    But do try to recognize how immensely subjective these things are. Isn't is possible that someone would be unaware of what your moral values are, and what customs you consider necessary to avoid being mean? They could be oblivious of these thing while possessing no malice.

...and rather than face these facts and be accountable for their misdeeds or mistakes, they choose to blame or put it on someone else.
    Hmmm. Okay, I get that. Incorreclty deferring the burden on oneself to someone else. Again, though, depending on the differences in subjective opinion, they may not recognize the factuality of their "misdeeds".
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, it is. We perceive it and then we believe it, you guys believe it and then you "perceive" it.
    No, we define it.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Maybe, but I picture it as being more easy to settle down with an INT.
    My dad (INTP) married an INTJ, and he cheated on her left and right, lol, fwtw.

I like stimulating, challenging and exciting relationships, and that is why I will forever and always prefer/pursue an NT mate.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

No, we define it.
    Pfff.. Reality is objective. You can classify it, but you can't be the source of its definition.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    But do try to recognize how immensely subjective these things are. Isn't is possible that someone would be unaware of what your moral values are, and what customs you consider necessary to avoid being mean? They could be oblivious of these thing while possessing no malice.

. Again, though, depending on the differences in subjective opinion, they may not recognize the factuality of their "misdeeds".
    AHHHHHHHHHHHH, your Fe is yet again killing me!!!

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it."

No, we define it.
    Yeah, that was my point, you define "Truth", and we actually *see* Truth.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    What can be ineffective about saying "calm down", "you don't need to feel that way", or "don't feel like that", is that people don't generally enjoy feeling like crap, so if they knew how to calm down or stop, they certainly would. It is like telling a person with the flu to "chill out and quit throwing up" or "relax and quit having a headache". Such statements are often received with deepened frustration.

Treat the emotionally overwhelmed person in the same way you would treat a physically overwhelmed, ill person. Provide simple things that are made to help them feel better. Ask the person what they need to feel better. Perhaps say that you feel badly seeing them feel badly and would like to help, etc. without taking a superior role that implies their state is completely their fault and choice. People are much more complex than that and there are always cause and effect reasons for the way people experience life that are deeply compelling. Remaining calm, not allowing emotion to escalate, treating the person with respect, gently guiding them towards more correct thinking as they appear ready to receive it, are all typically effective strategies.
    Uh...haven't read any of the past 4 pages, but back to the original post, I think what toonia writes is very good advice.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    yupp

When someone is being a dick, they are usually being selfish, mean, and morally wrong and rather than face these facts and be accountable for their misdeeds or mistakes, they choose to blame or put it on someone else.
    wait are you saying anyone who doesn't have the same morals as you is a dick?

[just playing devils advocate]

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Hmm...

How should one deal with NF's that are being overly emotional?

Sounds like the in-between-the-lines message that I am receiving/reading here is that you are probably being an unbeknownst asshole. Perhaps you should try to work on that, i.e. your assholery, before you tackle the whole "NFs being overly emotional" thing.
    You know, the Fs mentioned in the OP will find one way or the other to be offended. There is nothing I can do to stop being an 'asshole' even when I try not to offend them!

Murkrow is on the right track. In most cases, you just state your reasoning and walk away, it doesn't matter if they registered what you said. Its hopeless because their emotional reaction will eclpise their faculties of rational cognition to the point where they simply cannot arrive at an objective understanding of what you said.

In most cases you won't need to be on good terms with such Fs. You may as well say nothing at all. But if you want your voice heard, do that.

If you need to be on good terms with them, than use my method.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/