First 34567 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Uh...

Just because you NTs are oftentimes incorrigible pricks does not mean that when an NF actually refuses to comply to your egotistical <---- notice, not *logical* claims of being right, that we are necessarily being uncooperative.
    Well, I feel that your response was a little presumptuous about what was happening in the OPs life. It didn't really answer the question, either.

We are cooperative by nature, almost to flaw, NTs, on the other hand...not so much.
    In theory, only Fe really implies cooperation. Fi could be used to guide fantastic stubborness and selfishness. Not that it always does, but it certainly has the potential. Fi gives no obligation to play along with anyone.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Hmm...

How should one deal with NF's that are being overly emotional?

Sounds like the in-between-the-lines message that I am receiving/reading here is that you are probably being an unbeknownst asshole. Perhaps you should try to work on that, i.e. your assholery, before you tackle the whole "NFs being overly emotional" thing.
    I think I don't usually start being assholish until the person is already set off.

MBTI
    INTJ

Uh...

Just because you NTs are oftentimes incorrigible pricks does not mean that when an NF actually refuses to comply to your egotistical <---- notice, not *logical* claims of being right, that we are necessarily being uncooperative.

We are cooperative by nature, almost to flaw, NTs, on the other hand...not so much.
    Let's follow the train of this conversation shall we?

Honest question regarding how to deal with something that is understandably difficult>>you responding insultingly and in self defense, preferring to engage in self love than actually show your positive qualities>>me pointing out your shortcoming>>you responding insultingly and toting your so far invisible capabilities.
    wails from the crypt.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Thanks for all the advice people, I think it will help.
    Haven't read the entire thread, my apologies.

So, what usually evokes, or directly precedes the whole, girls crying thing?

Sometimes I really have a hard time calming down NF's, or F's in general. Saying "chill out" or "calm down" certainly hasn't worked well, neither does using logic sometimes, but I have used cold hard logic to calm people down before. Do I try talking more slowly and in a soft voice, maybe I'm talking to fast?

I argue with people a lot and with NF guys this is usually what can set them off, that or I'll make a joke and they get offended. And with girls, if they are crying, I am rendered completely useless no matter what I say it seems. It's like they have already made the decision they are going to cry and there is nothing I can do.
    UGH!!!

Sorry, but the bolded parts, I found to be pompous, and offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Let's follow the train of this conversation shall we?

Honest question regarding how to deal with something that is understandably difficult>>you responding insultingly and in self defense, preferring to engage in self love than actually show your positive qualities>>me pointing out your shortcoming>>you responding insultingly and toting your so far invisible capabilities.
    Hmm, thanks for the advice, your post was waaaaaaay more pleasant and less insulting.

Start it off with a very clearly spoken "SHUT THE FUCK UP."

Then proceed with cold logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Fi could be used to guide fantastic stubborness and selfishness. Not that it always does, but it certainly has the potential. Fi gives no obligation to play along with anyone.
    Selfishness, no, stubbornness, yes.
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 08-09-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: merged posts
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

UGH!!!

Sorry, but the bolded parts, I found to be pompous, and offensive.
    He's not being pompous he's trying to explain himself and his perspective of the situation as clearly as possible.

Imagine you're talking to someone who speaks another language and the only scraps of english they seem to know are "Fuck, stupid, damnit!" so they start crying because in your attempts to talk to them that's all they hear, then imagine trying to calm them down without using those words more, congratulations you're an NTJ dealing with an NF.

What you're displaying is actually proving his point more!

He's trying to be honest and give all the information available to him no matter how much it displays his empathic shortcomings and you're taking it as an insult!
    wails from the crypt.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Haven't read the entire thread, my apologies.

So, what usually evokes, or directly precedes the whole, girls crying thing?
    In most cases, if I was seeing them at the time, it would be about me smoking weed and doing drugs, not showing up to something, sometimes crying for apparently no reason, me saying something and them taking it the wrong way, or sometimes the right way.

And with girls in general, it's about something hurtful someone said to them usually.

MBTI
    JIxT

He's trying to be honest...
    Aha! There's the problem.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    INTJ

In most cases, if I was seeing them at the time, it would be about me smoking weed and doing drugs, not showing up to something, sometimes crying for apparently no reason, me saying something and them taking it the wrong way, or sometimes the right way.

And with girls in general, it's about something hurtful someone said to them usually.
    It sounds to me like you just haven't found the right person.

There's no rational reason to adapt yourself as thoroughly as following the direction of this thread would require, instead focus on your positive attributes and wait for the day an angel of reason comes along.
    wails from the crypt.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Selfishness, no, stubbornness, yes.
    Selfishness, yes.
    Haven't you ever heard of ethical egoism?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Selfishness, yes.
    Haven't you ever heard of ethical egoism?
    LOL!

Prepare to be shown the difference between heard and listened to.
    wails from the crypt.