Thread: ENFx shadow?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Default ENFx shadow?

I'm wondering a type of this one person I've met some time ago. My first guess of this person's type was ESFJ. Then after some conversations S turned into N. She even made some of those online MBTI tests and turned out to be ENTJ (!) and ENFP.

I have been thinking of her type because neither of those above mentioned types seem to match her. In my opinion (and because I don't trust online tests too much) she is definitely not ENTJ and she is definitely a feeler and she said it herself.

About her possible ENFPness. She doesn't strike me as one but I thought she might be ENFP anyway but she is pretty much acting like a stressed one, so her shadow (ISTJ?). This person could be also ENFJ but I don't know how stressed ENFJ's (or other ENFP's) behave.

So, that made me wonder how other ENFx's behave when they are very stressed out? I'm asking so I could compare it to how I perceive this person.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

When I stress out it is all about me, all the time. If the stress experienced is due to a relationship, job or whatever is the situation, I cannot really focus on anything else. It's all I talk about with my friends and I keep bringing it up. Although, I try to stop if I get to the point where I can consider if I'm annoying them with bringing it up. The stress also often puts me into a frenzy and I start joining clubs, exercising (me? gasp! seriously, I know!) and participating in other social events at a higher speed than normal. Mostly to take my mind off of what is stressing me out, but not really ever dealing with the issue at hand. Dealing with stress via distraction. In my mind, it is better this way because it keeps me from burdening my friends with my often uncontrollable self-centered verbosity!! I think, although not complete certain, that it would be different for an ENF in a relationship.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    When I stress out it is all about me, all the time. If the stress experienced is due to a relationship, job or whatever is the situation, I cannot really focus on anything else. It's all I talk about with my friends and I keep bringing it up. Although, I try to stop if I get to the point where I can consider if I'm annoying them with bringing it up. The stress also often puts me into a frenzy and I start joining clubs, exercising (me? gasp! seriously, I know!) and participating in other social events at a higher speed than normal. Mostly to take my mind off of what is stressing me out, but not really ever dealing with the issue at hand. Dealing with stress via distraction. In my mind, it is better this way because it keeps me from burdening my friends with my often uncontrollable self-centered verbosity!! I think, although not complete certain, that it would be different for an ENF in a relationship.
    Interesting.

The behavior of this person does not resemble what you describe.

I behave differently when stressed out too but it might be that the stressed out reactions have nothing to do with MBTI types? I go very introverted when stressed. I wonder too much what other people think of me (which I don't do normally). I worry about all things that could go wrong (which I don't do normally).

The reaction could vary too because of different levels of stress?

MBTI
    ENFP

i become a brooding angry warlord determined to conquer my problems and anyone that gets in my way.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by sketcheasy View Post
    i become a brooding angry warlord determined to conquer my problems and anyone that gets in my way.
    That just proves it. Individual behavior with the reactions to stress.

Or could the response be dependent on the subject in hand (meaning the thing we are stressed about)?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    That just proves it. Individual behavior with the reactions to stress.

Or could the response be dependent on the subject in hand (meaning the thing we are stressed about)?
    no... i'm pretty sure i just want to destroy all my problems...

wait... if i'm stressed out about a problem and it's something i don't even care about in the first place, i become cynical and careless but try to give off the impression that i will kill anyone that gets in my way... not literally but you know what i mean.

MBTI
    enfp

when im really stressed out, i just go drink or some other recreational activity not worth mentioning.

but when i feel threatened, i do turn into a genghis khan type of guy. doesn't matter how outnumbered i am. LOL u can always call out the worst offender in a 1 on 1.

i remember one time in Chicago when i was briefly living there (im korean, and some guy threw a football at my younger friends i was looking over, koreans have a strong relationship between younger and older friends/siblings), i called out this guy in front of his entire fraternity for a 1 on 1. He said sorry. LOL

Thats why i can't live in an environment like that, I would eventually end up dead bc i can't back down in a situation like that.

No yeah I become very single minded when I'm stressed. I notice it mostly when there is a new girl in my life.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I'm wondering a type of this one person I've met some time ago. My first guess of this person's type was ESFJ. Then after some conversations S turned into N. She even made some of those online MBTI tests and turned out to be ENTJ (!) and ENFP.

I have been thinking of her type because neither of those above mentioned types seem to match her. In my opinion (and because I don't trust online tests too much) she is definitely not ENTJ and she is definitely a feeler and she said it herself.

About her possible ENFPness. She doesn't strike me as one but I thought she might be ENFP anyway but she is pretty much acting like a stressed one, so her shadow (ISTJ?). This person could be also ENFJ but I don't know how stressed ENFJ's (or other ENFP's) behave.

So, that made me wonder how other ENFx's behave when they are very stressed out? I'm asking so I could compare it to how I perceive this person.
    I just went thru a very stressful period sometime back. I withdrew into myself and went over things over and over again. I internalized it completely and it wasn't until I started getting physically ill that I decided to do something about the stress...as in LET IT GO! I didn't really go to my friends about it besides saying to them...hey don't worry about me unless I don't answer my phone for a week or so..then come looking for me. I let things out slowly as I came to some conclusions myself about what I needed to do.
    I let my friends know that if they wanted to see me they'd have to come to me I wasn't doing much in the way of socializing. I really had to work things out on my own so withdrawing from everyone was necessary. I have good friends so no ones feelings were hurt that I dropped out for awhile.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Personally, I squirt myself with Mrs. Butterworths and shout "I'm a pretty pony!!!" until someone ties me to a tree. Sanity returns slowly, with the aid of fresh air and flash cards of loved ones telling me to knock it off.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious