• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFx shadow?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm wondering a type of this one person I've met some time ago. My first guess of this person's type was ESFJ. Then after some conversations S turned into N. She even made some of those online MBTI tests and turned out to be ENTJ (!) and ENFP.

I have been thinking of her type because neither of those above mentioned types seem to match her. In my opinion (and because I don't trust online tests too much) she is definitely not ENTJ and she is definitely a feeler and she said it herself.

About her possible ENFPness. She doesn't strike me as one but I thought she might be ENFP anyway but she is pretty much acting like a stressed one, so her shadow (ISTJ?). This person could be also ENFJ but I don't know how stressed ENFJ's (or other ENFP's) behave.

So, that made me wonder how other ENFx's behave when they are very stressed out? I'm asking so I could compare it to how I perceive this person.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
When I stress out it is all about me, all the time. If the stress experienced is due to a relationship, job or whatever is the situation, I cannot really focus on anything else. It's all I talk about with my friends and I keep bringing it up. Although, I try to stop if I get to the point where I can consider if I'm annoying them with bringing it up. The stress also often puts me into a frenzy and I start joining clubs, exercising (me? gasp! seriously, I know!) and participating in other social events at a higher speed than normal. Mostly to take my mind off of what is stressing me out, but not really ever dealing with the issue at hand. Dealing with stress via distraction. In my mind, it is better this way because it keeps me from burdening my friends with my often uncontrollable self-centered verbosity!! I think, although not complete certain, that it would be different for an ENF in a relationship.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
When I stress out it is all about me, all the time. If the stress experienced is due to a relationship, job or whatever is the situation, I cannot really focus on anything else. It's all I talk about with my friends and I keep bringing it up. Although, I try to stop if I get to the point where I can consider if I'm annoying them with bringing it up. The stress also often puts me into a frenzy and I start joining clubs, exercising (me? gasp! seriously, I know!) and participating in other social events at a higher speed than normal. Mostly to take my mind off of what is stressing me out, but not really ever dealing with the issue at hand. Dealing with stress via distraction. In my mind, it is better this way because it keeps me from burdening my friends with my often uncontrollable self-centered verbosity!! I think, although not complete certain, that it would be different for an ENF in a relationship.

Interesting. :)

The behavior of this person does not resemble what you describe.

I behave differently when stressed out too but it might be that the stressed out reactions have nothing to do with MBTI types? I go very introverted when stressed. I wonder too much what other people think of me (which I don't do normally). I worry about all things that could go wrong (which I don't do normally).

The reaction could vary too because of different levels of stress?

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
i become a brooding angry warlord determined to conquer my problems and anyone that gets in my way.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
i become a brooding angry warlord determined to conquer my problems and anyone that gets in my way.

That just proves it. Individual behavior with the reactions to stress. :)

Or could the response be dependent on the subject in hand (meaning the thing we are stressed about)?

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
That just proves it. Individual behavior with the reactions to stress. :)

Or could the response be dependent on the subject in hand (meaning the thing we are stressed about)?

no... i'm pretty sure i just want to destroy all my problems...

wait... if i'm stressed out about a problem and it's something i don't even care about in the first place, i become cynical and careless but try to give off the impression that i will kill anyone that gets in my way... not literally but you know what i mean.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
when im really stressed out, i just go drink or some other recreational activity not worth mentioning.

but when i feel threatened, i do turn into a genghis khan type of guy. doesn't matter how outnumbered i am. LOL u can always call out the worst offender in a 1 on 1.

i remember one time in Chicago when i was briefly living there (im korean, and some guy threw a football at my younger friends i was looking over, koreans have a strong relationship between younger and older friends/siblings), i called out this guy in front of his entire fraternity for a 1 on 1. He said sorry. LOL

Thats why i can't live in an environment like that, I would eventually end up dead bc i can't back down in a situation like that.

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
No yeah I become very single minded when I'm stressed. I notice it mostly when there is a new girl in my life.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm wondering a type of this one person I've met some time ago. My first guess of this person's type was ESFJ. Then after some conversations S turned into N. She even made some of those online MBTI tests and turned out to be ENTJ (!) and ENFP.

I have been thinking of her type because neither of those above mentioned types seem to match her. In my opinion (and because I don't trust online tests too much) she is definitely not ENTJ and she is definitely a feeler and she said it herself.

About her possible ENFPness. She doesn't strike me as one but I thought she might be ENFP anyway but she is pretty much acting like a stressed one, so her shadow (ISTJ?). This person could be also ENFJ but I don't know how stressed ENFJ's (or other ENFP's) behave.

So, that made me wonder how other ENFx's behave when they are very stressed out? I'm asking so I could compare it to how I perceive this person.

I just went thru a very stressful period sometime back. I withdrew into myself and went over things over and over again. I internalized it completely and it wasn't until I started getting physically ill that I decided to do something about the stress...as in LET IT GO! I didn't really go to my friends about it besides saying to them...hey don't worry about me unless I don't answer my phone for a week or so..then come looking for me. I let things out slowly as I came to some conclusions myself about what I needed to do.
I let my friends know that if they wanted to see me they'd have to come to me I wasn't doing much in the way of socializing. I really had to work things out on my own so withdrawing from everyone was necessary. I have good friends so no ones feelings were hurt that I dropped out for awhile.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Personally, I squirt myself with Mrs. Butterworths and shout "I'm a pretty pony!!!" until someone ties me to a tree. Sanity returns slowly, with the aid of fresh air and flash cards of loved ones telling me to knock it off.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Personally, I squirt myself with Mrs. Butterworths and shout "I'm a pretty pony!!!" until someone ties me to a tree. Sanity returns slowly, with the aid of fresh air and flash cards of loved ones telling me to knock it off.

Ooo flash cards...I hope they are standing far enough away from you with them.

You can squirt Mrs. Butterworth?..I missed that packaging but squirting my pancakes sounds like such good fun!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ooo flash cards...I hope they are standing far enough away from you with them.

They've learnt to suffer the close proximity because I can't see well, especially if I've cast off my glasses in order to free up my X-ray vision!! :D

You can squirt Mrs. Butterworth?..I missed that packaging but squirting my pancakes sounds like such good fun!

As an ENFJ, you can squirt most anything you like!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

To be serious a moment (all squirting aside)...

When my sis gets stressed out, she DOES behave in an ISTJ manner, only the bad parts of an ISTJ (hence our "shadow"). She becomes controlling, belligerent, and almost completely unreachable. I have to talk her down before she reaches that point or all is lost.

When I'm under stress, I start becoming very callous, sharp, dark and provoking. I mouth off. I might start shouting over some fairly mundane frustration. The next step is complete silence. No more communication. I can't tell that that reflects shadow ISTP or just the very worst of an ENFJ going south.

tothresevn

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
The next step is complete silence. No more communication.

Fine, idiot. If that's the way you want it - then it's what you'll (not) get. No communication, oblique or otherwise. You're stuck in the game world to the expense of the real, meaningful world.

FUCK OFF!

YEAH, BAN ME AGAIN. I don't give a fuck.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Happy to oblige.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh dear, somebody got banned in my thread.
*runs and hides*

To be serious a moment (all squirting aside)...

When my sis gets stressed out, she DOES behave in an ISTJ manner, only the bad parts of an ISTJ (hence our "shadow"). She becomes controlling, belligerent, and almost completely unreachable. I have to talk her down before she reaches that point or all is lost.

When I'm under stress, I start becoming very callous, sharp, dark and provoking. I mouth off. I might start shouting over some fairly mundane frustration. The next step is complete silence. No more communication. I can't tell that that reflects shadow ISTP or just the very worst of an ENFJ going south.

Based on your writing this person might well be ENFP in stress. She is so worried about everything, all the time. It annoys me. I'm not almost (=never) patient with people who whine all the time (bad me) -> my empahty fails me.

I have lots in common with this person, meaning that we have similar way to think and we are both very talkative (imagine us having a coffee together, lol, it takes for hours with the constant talking. We would wear any strong I out. :cheese:)

Say Pink, have you feeling a bit ENFP'ish lately, have you got some Jaye influence? Just thought based on your recent "serious" posts?! :cheese: You're so cool when goofy ;)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh dear, somebody got banned in my thread.
*runs and hides*

Yeah. Apparently the porch lights are attracting vermin.

Based on your writing this person might well be ENFP in stress. She is so worried about everything, all the time. It annoys me. I'm not almost (=never) patient with people who whine all the time (bad me) -> my empahty fails me.

I have lots in common with this person, meaning that we have similar way to think and we are both very talkative (imagine us having a coffee together, lol, it takes for hours with the constant talking. We would wear any strong I out. :cheese:)

Pushing an ENFP past patience takes an effort. She must really be taxing your nerves!

Say Pink, have you feeling a bit ENFP'ish lately, have you got some Jaye influence? Just thought based on your recent "serious" posts?! :cheese: You're so cool when goofy ;)

She's rubbed goofy on me! :D haha!

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Pushing an ENFP past patience takes an effort. She must really be taxing your nerves!

Whining people are the weak spot in my empathy skills. I mean I have empathy for almost any emotion of another person but people who are constantly whining - no empathy I'm sorry. I need to see the bright side of life and these whiners drain the energy out of me. :doh:I can work with real sorrow of people and other emotions but too much negativity drains me totally.

It just might be that this person is now under a lot of stress because I do like her a lot when she is not whining.
he's rubbed goofy on me! :D haha!

I thought so. :D