Quote Originally Posted by werewolfen1984 View Post
Awe, this story hit home with me, I will NEVER...EVER...buy a brand new vehicle or sink over $12,000 max for a vehicle, back in May 2003 , I bought a Toyota Tacoma Ext. Cab 2003 4x4 V6 (loaded), $24,000 truck. Babied that thing, kept a cover on it when it was parked at my house, wax job every 6 weeks like clock work, super clean inside. I drove my other junkie truck (94' Mazda 2300) mostly to keep from putting a lot of mileage on my new Toyota. Well , on Mar.25 , 2006 , some young punk in an 88' Ford F-150 Lariat ran a yield sign at a 3-way and T-boned me, I didn't wear my seat belt (I do now) , I bounced like a ping-pong ball inside the cab, my face hit the rear view mirror, my right orbital and right mandible were cracked, my truck totaled. I didn't even get to tell my side of the story, I was in the back of the ambulance being seen about. The accident report was re-written a week later of all things, the evidence was so damning that they couldn't make it my fault alone so they made it both of our fault, the punk kid's dad turned out to know everyone on the police dept. , I tried to get 3 different law firms to fight it, and none would, bottom line was that the punk was only insured for $25,000 liability and there was no earning potential for the law firms, that's still not the end of the screw job, my insurance company ALLSTATE...you know that commercial "your in good hands with ALLSTATE"...yeah..bullshit, I had only $3,000 left owing on the Toyota and it still had full coverage on it, and had been in immaculate condition with only 10,400 miles on it, book value on it was $20,500 , I got a check in the mail for $16,000 !!! They subtracted part of what I had left owing on it from the book value when they shouldn't have, I should've gotten the $20,500, because the full coverage covered the $24,000 Toyota, add the $3,000 to the $20,500 and it was still under the $24,000. That experience sickened me, the looks that I would get at gas stations when I would pull up, the compliments "nice truck", were no more. It made me believe why the hell should you get a nice showy ride when your going to get cheated by the crooked cops and even your own insurance company. I have neck pain and wear a night guard because I grind my teeth in my sleep from the facial impact. I have a new found respect for people that drive older cars and trucks, I've even found myself appreciating older vehicles. I may never be in another wreck my whole life, but, I've been made sour against new vehicles.
this is why i love infj's....

i feel for ya man... i told my dad to get me an old honda or toyota, because if that thing gets bumped then i don't feel too bad... but no... went out and bought an 08 civic which is nice. although, i don't think the damage is THAT terrible. the dent on the bumper can be hammered out and the little corner on the hatch MIGHT be able to be hammered out too but i don't need it to be perfect....

really, all i want is not to have this one held against me by my own family even though i've had a history. however, i don't know if i can avoid it... it's very emotionally and psychologically frustrating.