User Tag List

123 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default INFJ's don't know what they want.

INFJ's don't know what they want. True or false? Please discuss.

A wannabe dog

Haa I have the same problem too.

Like right now, I am in a serious relationship and we are already discussing about marriage a few years later. But I don't even know if marriage is my thing, I have so many things that I wanna do, so many places that I wanna explore, I don't wanna be tied down by marriage... But at the same time, if I were to stay unmarried forever, the people around me would keep asking me why I am single and stuff like that and they would keep trying to matchmake me with guys.
    Idk, I don't even know what my sexuality is, there is a high chance I might be asexual. The same goes for friendships. I don't really feel the need for friendships but I still go around socializing with people and making friends anyway because society deems me weird if I don't have any friends.
    Why do we need friends? Why do we need a romantic relationship? Until now, I still don't know why. Because I don't really need these in my life.

I often struggle between trying to fit into society vs remaining true to myself. I don't even know which is the real me anymore. I have given up a lot of my real needs/wants just to fit into society. Externally I seemed to fit in with society, but internally I feel so different from the people around me. The external me vs the internal me are two extremely different people.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

There are plenty of types that don't know what they want. It's not exclusive to INFJ's.

As a general for INFJ's? I am doubtful to say that it is.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes infiniterandomness11 liked this post

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Come on, y'all are lame. 79 views and only two people have an opinion on the matter? Denial? Explanation? Anything?

Ok, here's my motivation for asking the question: I'm still thinking of making videos on youtube about typology, and I was going to make one about this, and I thought there was a good chance people would argue with me about it and say I'm wrong or something, so I wanted to get all that over with on here.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    There are plenty of types that don't know what they want. It's not exclusive to INFJ's.

As a general for INFJ's? I am doubtful to say that it is.
    For sure, but I think if it is the case then INFJ's have their own flavor of it, and it might be true that they are more likely than say, INFP's because Fi gives a person an internal sense of preference.

Enneagram
    9w8

@greenfairy I was wondering where you were just yesterday. And here you are. I'm glad to see you are still around.

Now to answer the question, I don't know about other INFJs but I usually have a pretty good idea of what I want. I'm a long range planner.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes greenfairy, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think I know what I want in a big picture sense. In little things, maybe not so much, but like my other decision making, it generally is just waiting for a missing bit of information and then the choice is very clear. If in doubt, particularly for smaller choices, I probably tend to fall back on what is familiar, more than something totally unknown. On the other hand, I think I've ended up being open to flying by the seat of my pants and improvising more than a lot of people feel comfortable doing.
    Likes greenfairy liked this post

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes Evee liked this post

I think it very well applies to INFJ's just depends on what stage of life and how things turned up to be according their visions in mind. I could see if it went bad like it did for me, you can feel like you're wandering around with purposelessness before you find that thing to move you again.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Come on, y'all are lame. 79 views and only two people have an opinion on the matter?
    ^Lol!

I saw this earlier, but it's stated too broadly to even know where to begin- "don't know what they want" can mean so many different things (from food/clothes to the slightly less tangible aesthetic tastes of art/music, or bigger picture wants/goals, etc)- so that's why I passed it up. I find questions this general difficult to answer, because there are so many answers. I considered breaking it down into categories myself. but I don't even think it's the categories that determine how decisive I am so much as the context/situation I am in while needing to make a decision (or rather, in addition to the categories- there's several influences at play here). It's at the mercy of factors like- who is waiting on me to have an opinion (and why), if anyone will be impacted by what I want, is it something I want solely for myself or family or community, etc. I almost feel like I'd have to write a book to correctly answer the question in the op.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari
    Likes greenfairy liked this post