• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] INFJ and ENFP relationship

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Would this relationship last? How would this relationship work out?

My bf is an ENFP. The first time I met him, it was instant chemistry/connection. We get along perfectly and we are always very loving and caring toward each other. But there were a few things that makes me insecure about him. For example, his inability to keep plans etc. And also, I heard that ENFPs have a difficult time committing in relationships. Is this true?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs can make very committed mates. I'm not saying we're never flakey about the small day to day stuff, so yes this relationship requires patience and acceptance of your differences, but I think it can be a beautiful pairing. Just let your differences compliment each other and be appreciative of them as much as you can be. Best of luck!

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would this relationship last? How would this relationship work out?

My bf is an ENFP. The first time I met him, it was instant chemistry/connection. We get along perfectly and we are always very loving and caring toward each other. But there were a few things that makes me insecure about him. For example, his inability to keep plans etc. And also, I heard that ENFPs have a difficult time committing in relationships. Is this true?

I can't wait to hear from the ENFPs--Lucky girl ;)

What is the nature of the plans that he isn't keeping? How long have you been a couple? (How well did you know each other first? I'm not expecting you to actually share this, but to think about it)

Where is he going; who's driving, him, or his interests? What's going on in his life? Does he feel like he's found his balance? (WHAT DO you want? Where are you--living in the future, or do you feel that you have arrived?) (Lots of questions)

It feels counter intuitive to say, "Don't get ahead of yourself; don't over think it", but the most important foundation of any relationship is building a solid friendship, mutual respect, growth and understanding. And honesty. That initial chemistry and "erros" love is like a drug, but maturity is a stronger one; it's non-habit forming ;). I'm not an ENFP, but speaking for myself, I have a strong tendency to hesitate if I sense myself in danger of "captured lightening bug syndrome" (we used to catch them in mason jars; what was wrong with letting them fly? Those great stars for whom your happiness shines--reordering a line from Zarathustra. To seize them misappropriates their gift, robs them of their purpose, and burns out their light. If you can not fly, dance with them!)

I imagine the ENFP as being fiercely loyal. Like we are. It's a risk analysis. **Don't want what you don't want!!-J.R.** But, if you want him, you have to risk being vulnerable; enjoy him. Talk to him!

Last edited: