User Tag List

A wannabe dog

Default INFJ and ENFP relationship

Would this relationship last? How would this relationship work out?

My bf is an ENFP. The first time I met him, it was instant chemistry/connection. We get along perfectly and we are always very loving and caring toward each other. But there were a few things that makes me insecure about him. For example, his inability to keep plans etc. And also, I heard that ENFPs have a difficult time committing in relationships. Is this true?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

ENFPs can make very committed mates. I'm not saying we're never flakey about the small day to day stuff, so yes this relationship requires patience and acceptance of your differences, but I think it can be a beautiful pairing. Just let your differences compliment each other and be appreciative of them as much as you can be. Best of luck!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Would this relationship last? How would this relationship work out?

My bf is an ENFP. The first time I met him, it was instant chemistry/connection. We get along perfectly and we are always very loving and caring toward each other. But there were a few things that makes me insecure about him. For example, his inability to keep plans etc. And also, I heard that ENFPs have a difficult time committing in relationships. Is this true?

I can't wait to hear from the ENFPs--Lucky girl

What is the nature of the plans that he isn't keeping? How long have you been a couple? (How well did you know each other first? I'm not expecting you to actually share this, but to think about it)

Where is he going; who's driving, him, or his interests? What's going on in his life? Does he feel like he's found his balance? (WHAT DO you want? Where are you--living in the future, or do you feel that you have arrived?) (Lots of questions)

It feels counter intuitive to say, "Don't get ahead of yourself; don't over think it", but the most important foundation of any relationship is building a solid friendship, mutual respect, growth and understanding. And honesty. That initial chemistry and "erros" love is like a drug, but maturity is a stronger one; it's non-habit forming . I'm not an ENFP, but speaking for myself, I have a strong tendency to hesitate if I sense myself in danger of "captured lightening bug syndrome" (we used to catch them in mason jars; what was wrong with letting them fly? Those great stars for whom your happiness shines--reordering a line from Zarathustra. To seize them misappropriates their gift, robs them of their purpose, and burns out their light. If you can not fly, dance with them!)

I imagine the ENFP as being fiercely loyal. Like we are. It's a risk analysis. **Don't want what you don't want!!-J.R.** But, if you want him, you have to risk being vulnerable; enjoy him. Talk to him!
    Last edited by cm81; 11-02-2014 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Gotta throw a little Jim Rohn in there.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83