• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are INFPs "sexy"?

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
"Hunk" ? Never.
"Sexy" ? Once.
"Hot" ? Once.
"Handsome" ? Once or twice.
"Cute" ? Too often.

But quite often when a girl refers to me as "Cute," it comes with
some pretty foul language I do not dare repeat on this board out of fear
from being permantly banned.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Being called cute is evil.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have read that INFP's are intoxicating to INFJ's. From experience, I would say that is true. I have always liked gentle men, not testosterone macho guyes. The only problem is that they are also extremely difficult to deal with, due to getting their feelings hurt about absolutely everything. I guess it's hard to find someone who is sensitive, but not sensitive, if you know what I mean.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
"Hunk" ? Never.
"Sexy" ? Once.
"Hot" ? Once.
"Handsome" ? Once or twice.
"Cute" ? Too often.

From women, cute is a very positive word. It means you look attractive to them and are also safe. I suppose a lot of guys don't want to be considered "safe," but that's something that women really like.

KDude

:wubbie: Turn up that NF-charm more often, dear, I'd love a demo :D

I have to agree though, INFPs have this quiet, warm, innocent glow to them that can be incredibly magnetizing...kinda like a warm blanket that softly caresses your skin... :drool:

It comes and goes, I think ;) If it's innocence, that's funny. Because it seems like I've attracted "bad girls" more than anything :laugh: They're different with me though. I've just never had much luck with anyone I sort of idealized in another way..who I thought were kind of innocent themselves. My point there is I think if an INFP guy keeps seeing stuff like that, it messes up their perspective. I'm not immune to it.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Is that so? I also always had the impression that when a woman says "cute" to a man, then he is basically already friend-zoned.

edit: Was addressed at Valerie.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
Is that so? I also always had the impression that when a woman says "cute" to a man, then he is basically already friend-zoned.

It depends on the context.

I use the term cute with gender neutrality. Cute means innocent... playful... pleasing to me. I know an intj whose constant over analysis I consider "cute" (of course, I will never tell him that).

Also, if I friend zone a guy... that's not so bad. I only ever fall for people I become friends with. Sometimes it takes me years to know someone enough to actually really like them. And then I do the initiating :yes:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I am called cute left and right, up and down. GRRR. I need some horns.

KDude

How about quietly biding your time when some loopy stripper pours glitter on your head, says "You're cute", makes out, whispers that she wants a threeway with you and your apparently far more fun ESFP friend - you decline, so she disses the ESFP, and just wants you? :huh:

Cute is always good. I mean, if barely legal strippers are your thing. Just be safe. Or be an idiot like me.. who's only tired of getting called cute by these girls specifically. I need someone more ideal, for sure.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Cute means not menacing.

In theory it would always be a good thing to not be considered menacing. But if if you are so cute "no one" would ever consider you menacing, if you are so lacking in backbone that you become as cute as a puppy, then that's a bad thing.

Women don't want to take care of their men when it comes to certain things. They want a dog who can protect them, not a cute puppy that is always endearing to the eye but is completely harmless to anyone.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
It depends on the context.

I use the term cute with gender neutrality. Cute means innocent... playful... pleasing to me. I know an intj whose constant over analysis I consider "cute" (of course, I will never tell him that).

Also, if I friend zone a guy... that's not so bad. I only ever fall for people I become friends with. Sometimes it takes me years to know someone enough to actually really like them. And then I do the initiating :yes:

I see. Well, I have no problems with "friend zones" either, I think in some way that term it is stupid anyway. I wouldn't fall that easily just to a stranger woman either. I just meant that those guys mostly seem to end up that they will just stay in that "friend zone" usually.

Although that thought seems obvious seeing how much I moan in forums here all the time :D, I don't talk mostly about me. There was girls which were interested in me in more than friend way I think, but it didn't work out for other reason. But I know from old "friends" they seemed to end up in that way most of the time.

How about quietly biding your time when some loopy stripper pours glitter on your head, says "You're cute", makes out, whispers that she wants a threeway with you and your apparently far more fun ESFP friend - you decline, so she disses the ESFP, and just wants you? :huh:

Cute is always good. I mean, if barely legal Latina strippers are your thing. Just be safe. Or be an idiot like me.. who's only tired of getting called cute by these girls specifically. I need someone more ideal, for sure.

Not sure I understood the whole post :huh:

------------------------

Apart from that: I as an INFP guy have actually not even a problem with being titled as innocent and what not. I know I am not the wild, dangerous guy who will kill you a tiger with my own hands to get some food if needed. That doesn't threaten my "manliness", I define it in other ways, and if I want a girl then one which can appreciate me the way I am. Are there women which can find that attitude sexy? I don't know, it depends on how you define sexy I guess.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i could never be with someone i didn't find cute...sexy is nice...but cute means so much more.

KDude

Not sure I understood the whole post :huh: .

Sorry..I didn't meant to confuse you. I was just using a stupid story to illustrate that "cute" could mean anything. Usually a good thing though. Idiots will pay a girl like that just to see her naked, and here I am, we don't even know each other's names, she calls me cute, is hanging on me, and wants me to take her home.. Friend optional - even though he's the more fun, engaging, partier SP type who was trying to talk to her before. Basically, if any of you think "cute" is an insult, then it's your own problem and hangups. Not the woman's. Most would mean a good thing, don't overthink it, and it's mostly interchangeable with other compliments.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I see. Yeah, that seems to make sense actually.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
i just need to know that i'm able to get in your pants first before you
call me cute, because cute's what you call your sister's new born baby, or
your neighbors puppy, or that fluffy pillow that doesn't match your couch.
you don't bring cute with you back home, that's what cute means.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are INFPs are supposed to be completely lame?

People like to think so, and they may make us the butt of the joke in that way (on this message board I mean), but check the photo thread - we're a lot cooler than many other types, even those coveted INFJs people love so much around here. :devil:

:newwink:

KDude

i just need to know that i'm able to get in your pants first before you
call me cute, because cute's what you call your sister's new born baby, or
your neighbors puppy, or that fluffy pillow that doesn't match your couch.
you don't bring cute with you back home, that's what cute means.

I don't know, man. Work with it somehow. You kind of look like Jeff Buckley actually (probably an INFP himself). I'm sure a lot of women would call him cute. Even I would call him cute. :laugh: You're also a good writer usually, and can be poetic. Not everyone has that. I know you don't want advice or anything, but play to your strengths.

Anyways, I admit, I get more compliments of the type that don't apply to your definition above, but I don't think it's better exactly. Knowing if you can just get into somebody's pants doesn't mean anything. The devil is in the details. I've had my own childhood friend's mom, who used to pour me kool-aid and wash my scrapes and wounds when I got hurt, suddenly want to get nasty as I grew up. And I might want to help a friend move, he goes out for awhile, and his wife wants to makes something out of the "alone time". That would be beyond being cute or sexy, it's just bad karma. I know when I can get into someone's pants sometimes, but the question shouldn't be "If", but "Why".

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Being called cute is evil.

lol Men see it this way because it's an afront to their masculinity.
That's not true and it doesn't men woman aren't sexually attracted to you. The Beatles etc., were "cute" and women still wanted to do them. Male perception of what "cute" means is WAY off.

KDude

I would think that many Fi types would just say they are men, and not live in fear of what something may look like. It's cooler to decide for themselves. That's a big difference between introverted judgements and extroverted. To not need a typical societal standard to look to for their identity (in this case, what's "manly" or not.. but it applies to thousands of categories, if necessary).