User Tag List

First 27353637383947 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I would think that many Fi types would just say they are men, and not live in fear of what something may look like. It's cooler to decide for themselves. That's a big difference between introverted judgements and extroverted. To not need a typical societal standard to look to for their identity (in this case, what's "manly" or not.. but it applies to thousands of categories, if necessary).
    Well, yeah if it's something personal like choosing to wear flowery, pink shirts

But in order to function in society, we still have to follow some 'guidelines' of how to behave in public.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Sure.. I think we all make use of Fi and Te both (or Ti and Fe)...It's good to have balance.

I'm just saying though.. if that stuff gets too much in the way, I'll shed it off. I think I've always been like that. To use a "flowery" example.. I remember hating the gym shorts in middle school. So I decided to bring my own shorts.. which were yellow, with orange and red flowers on them. The gym coach was pissed, and told me to change. "Yeah, whatever." So he decided to try to embarass me a little, saying my shorts looked faggy or something (probably would get fired these days for that). I still didn't budge, even when it made the other guys laugh about it. So he just kept making me run laps every day, and I never changed. He finally just gave up and I participated in class with everyone else. Coach Littlefield..almost definitely an ISTJ.. kind of looked like OJ Simpson or something. He was "manly" in some way, and I was a skinny looking kid, but I wasn't afraid of him. As far as I'm concerned, I should be able to wear my own shorts. And generally speaking, people should always be able to wear their own shorts if they want. The flowers might look "gay" by some standard, but I ran a lot of laps, took his insults, and I'm more of a man for putting up with it rather than some "gym coach" who follows convention and picks on kids.

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Apart from that: I as an INFP guy have actually not even a problem with being titled as innocent and what not. I know I am not the wild, dangerous guy who will kill you a tiger with my own hands to get some food if needed. That doesn't threaten my "manliness", I define it in other ways, and if I want a girl then one which can appreciate me the way I am. Are there women which can find that attitude sexy? I don't know, it depends on how you define sexy I guess.
    Eckhart, I find this to be a very attractive attitude, and i'm glad you have the maturity and self assurance. You've got a good head on your shoulders

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    Eckhart, I find this to be a very attractive attitude, and i'm glad you have the maturity and self assurance. You've got a good head on your shoulders
    As opposed to a good one far below the shoulders?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

@Hopelandic: Thanks
    @William K: Ahaha :P

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    As opposed to a good one far below the shoulders?

I can only assume there is some correlation with a decent head upstairs, and the head down stairs.

I like where this is going

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWinter View Post
    I sometimes find INFP's to be pretty attractive. I'm not sure what it is about them though. It's probably the fact that being introverted, they have a shell that once you get to know them from the start, you constantly have this urge to try and bring that special something out of the shell. Its like opening a Pandora's box for me... only with mainly positive outcomes
    You've got that right. (I like to think) That box is well worth opening, if you have the key.

Sometimes I think it's me that will get people out of their shells.

And I don't mean in an extroverted way. I prefer being one-to-one. I think I just like to lighten things up sometimes. And I'm self-deprecating, I'm thoughtful, considerate, encouraging, and I'll listen. I'll sit by, huddled up, in the corner of a club with a girl more shy than I am, and spend the whole time with her, interested in what she's all about. I'll invite a coworker out to lunch and wonder she's been crying about. I'm not in the least trying to get anyone to have more fun though, or to join in with what anyone else is doing (and I resent people who try to do that with me).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...there's this quiet intensity...it's calming and stimulating at the same time...infps are cool...yep..
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Sometimes I think it's me that will get people out of their shells.

And I don't mean in an extroverted way. I prefer being one-to-one. I think I just like to lighten things up sometimes. And I'm self-deprecating, I'm thoughtful, considerate, encouraging, and I'll listen. I'll sit by, huddled up, in the corner of a club with a girl more shy than I am, and spend the whole time with her, interested in what she's all about. I'll invite a coworker out to lunch and wonder she's been crying about. I'm not in the least trying to get anyone to have more fun though, or to join in with what anyone else is doing (and I resent people who try to do that with me).
    I can be that way in a one-on-one situation also, especially if I sense the other person is somewhat timid - it puts me at ease actually. I have a habit of self-revealing just enough to get the other person to open up. It's a neat little NF trick .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe