User Tag List

First 26343536373846 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Cute means not menacing.

In theory it would always be a good thing to not be considered menacing. But if if you are so cute "no one" would ever consider you menacing, if you are so lacking in backbone that you become as cute as a puppy, then that's a bad thing.

Women don't want to take care of their men when it comes to certain things. They want a dog who can protect them, not a cute puppy that is always endearing to the eye but is completely harmless to anyone.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    It depends on the context.

I use the term cute with gender neutrality. Cute means innocent... playful... pleasing to me. I know an intj whose constant over analysis I consider "cute" (of course, I will never tell him that).

Also, if I friend zone a guy... that's not so bad. I only ever fall for people I become friends with. Sometimes it takes me years to know someone enough to actually really like them. And then I do the initiating
    I see. Well, I have no problems with "friend zones" either, I think in some way that term it is stupid anyway. I wouldn't fall that easily just to a stranger woman either. I just meant that those guys mostly seem to end up that they will just stay in that "friend zone" usually.

Although that thought seems obvious seeing how much I moan in forums here all the time , I don't talk mostly about me. There was girls which were interested in me in more than friend way I think, but it didn't work out for other reason. But I know from old "friends" they seemed to end up in that way most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    How about quietly biding your time when some loopy stripper pours glitter on your head, says "You're cute", makes out, whispers that she wants a threeway with you and your apparently far more fun ESFP friend - you decline, so she disses the ESFP, and just wants you?

Cute is always good. I mean, if barely legal Latina strippers are your thing. Just be safe. Or be an idiot like me.. who's only tired of getting called cute by these girls specifically. I need someone more ideal, for sure.
    Not sure I understood the whole post

------------------------

Apart from that: I as an INFP guy have actually not even a problem with being titled as innocent and what not. I know I am not the wild, dangerous guy who will kill you a tiger with my own hands to get some food if needed. That doesn't threaten my "manliness", I define it in other ways, and if I want a girl then one which can appreciate me the way I am. Are there women which can find that attitude sexy? I don't know, it depends on how you define sexy I guess.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i could never be with someone i didn't find cute...sexy is nice...but cute means so much more.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Not sure I understood the whole post .
    Sorry..I didn't meant to confuse you. I was just using a stupid story to illustrate that "cute" could mean anything. Usually a good thing though. Idiots will pay a girl like that just to see her naked, and here I am, we don't even know each other's names, she calls me cute, is hanging on me, and wants me to take her home.. Friend optional - even though he's the more fun, engaging, partier SP type who was trying to talk to her before. Basically, if any of you think "cute" is an insult, then it's your own problem and hangups. Not the woman's. Most would mean a good thing, don't overthink it, and it's mostly interchangeable with other compliments.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I see. Yeah, that seems to make sense actually.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

i just need to know that i'm able to get in your pants first before you
    call me cute, because cute's what you call your sister's new born baby, or
    your neighbors puppy, or that fluffy pillow that doesn't match your couch.
    you don't bring cute with you back home, that's what cute means.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Are INFPs are supposed to be completely lame?
    People like to think so, and they may make us the butt of the joke in that way (on this message board I mean), but check the photo thread - we're a lot cooler than many other types, even those coveted INFJs people love so much around here.

Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    i just need to know that i'm able to get in your pants first before you
    call me cute, because cute's what you call your sister's new born baby, or
    your neighbors puppy, or that fluffy pillow that doesn't match your couch.
    you don't bring cute with you back home, that's what cute means.
    I don't know, man. Work with it somehow. You kind of look like Jeff Buckley actually (probably an INFP himself). I'm sure a lot of women would call him cute. Even I would call him cute. You're also a good writer usually, and can be poetic. Not everyone has that. I know you don't want advice or anything, but play to your strengths.

Anyways, I admit, I get more compliments of the type that don't apply to your definition above, but I don't think it's better exactly. Knowing if you can just get into somebody's pants doesn't mean anything. The devil is in the details. I've had my own childhood friend's mom, who used to pour me kool-aid and wash my scrapes and wounds when I got hurt, suddenly want to get nasty as I grew up. And I might want to help a friend move, he goes out for awhile, and his wife wants to makes something out of the "alone time". That would be beyond being cute or sexy, it's just bad karma. I know when I can get into someone's pants sometimes, but the question shouldn't be "If", but "Why".

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    Being called cute is evil.
    lol Men see it this way because it's an afront to their masculinity.
    That's not true and it doesn't men woman aren't sexually attracted to you. The Beatles etc., were "cute" and women still wanted to do them. Male perception of what "cute" means is WAY off.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

I would think that many Fi types would just say they are men, and not live in fear of what something may look like. It's cooler to decide for themselves. That's a big difference between introverted judgements and extroverted. To not need a typical societal standard to look to for their identity (in this case, what's "manly" or not.. but it applies to thousands of categories, if necessary).