User Tag List

First 23313233343543 Last

Results 321 to 330 of 481

  1. #321
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I heared that from an ENTP after 10 days of chatting online


    btw. i agree with disregard; individuals are sexy, not types...
    That's cause we get so excited by new interesting people that it's easy to mistake the infatuation for love at first.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #322
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    That's cause we get so excited by new interesting people that it's easy to mistake the infatuation for love at first.
    Well he scared me away. Clingy ENTP?! Very weird.

    He definately had high Fe too

  3. #323
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Well he scared me away. Clingy ENTP?! Very weird.

    He definately had high Fe too
    We're usually not clingy; he probably just didn't mean the term "love" in anywhere near the level of depth that it means to you.

    It can probably be translated as, "You are very exciting right now." That's about it. He probably just got ahead of himself and used a term that was too strong.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #324
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    We're usually not clingy; he probably just didn't mean the term "love" in anywhere near the level of depth that it means to you.

    It can probably be translated as, "You are very exciting right now." That's about it. He probably just got ahead of himself and used a term that was too strong.
    Yeah I am pretty sure he didnt love me, and he figured it after he said it... but he did plan our life together next 20 years, when we'll have children and such

  5. #325
    Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Posts
    2,900

    Default

    I have yet to meet one of these sexy INFPs.
    Usually, i'd say they are cute and endearing. I'm waiting to see a bit of the ooh la la or je ne sais quoi
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man


    .:: DWTWD ::.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

    There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

  6. #326
    Member Othon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    48

    Default

    The better I get to know INFP women, the sexier they seem.

  7. #327
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I heared that from an ENTP after 10 days of chatting online
    An INTP did this to me; he wrote "I love you!" in response to an email, but I realized he meant "I love what you just wrote because it's unusual/defiant/etc". He seemed to think most women were brainless tarts (ESxx types, from his perspective), and any evidence to the contrary excited him. It freaked me out for a split second, and then I realized it wasn't "I love you" in the serious sense.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  8. #328
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    22

    Default

    "Yet, again, we should note that Thinking is the inferior faculty of this type. This means that it is most servile of all functions, and specifically most obedient to the dominant faculty--Feeling. It is with Thinking that we derive our worldview, as only Thinking is concerned with what an entity is, Feeling is only concerned with how we emote towards an entity, Intuition and Sensation are completely irrelevant to this question as they merely collect information without passing any explicit judgments.

    Accordingly, the INFP will likely have a very self-serving worldview (unless Thinking happens to be distinctly developed, which it rarely is). Uninhibited feeling gravitates towards things that make one feel good, and the only way it can be inhibited is by Thinking. This does not happen for a typical INFP. Quite the opposite does. Instead of putting limitations on the chaotic and egocentric will of Feeling of the INFP, Thinking (because it is servile to Feeling the most) conjures ways to defend the aforementioned value judgments of Feeling." -SOLITARY WALKER

    At the conceptual level of your argument you rely on generalizations. Thinking in the most general sense is being used as a means to disassociate infp primary functions from subordinate functions as you say;

    "because these faculties are subordinate to Introverted Feeling, there is no objective percpetion or analysis of the external world, these activities are carred out as strictly means to the end of affirmation of the Fi inspired prejudices."

    Solitary Walker,

    You go from the idea that infp's subordinate function is thinking to the assertion that there is "no objective perception or analysis of the external world" for the infp. This is a fallacy if ever I read one. Subordinate does not mean non existent, and it most certainly does not mean one dimensional. Let me ask you, are you not relying on thought to convey a prejudice, which whether you'd like to admit it or not reinforces your own reality or world view? Maybe this is why in another post you say that there is no such thing as opinion ( a good way to reinforce your own reality, despite the fact that you are describing a claim). However, if there is no such thing as opinion, then your argument collapses--to think is "to have a particular opinion, belief, or idea about someone or something" (apple dictionary). Thoughts are not necessarily facts. What you conceive of as thinking is really opinion in this context. You have entered the hermeneutical loop and have projected it as something specific to the infp as having a "self serving world view" .

    Infps constantly persecute themselves, not because they are running off pure emotions, but because they are actively looking at their own intentions. When I have a strong feeling, I either intuitively know why I feel the way I do, or I am actively looking for the intention and precondition behind the feeling. There is a reason why we are called process people, and it has a lot to do with the holistic (as opposed to compartmentalized) way in which we arrive at our thoughts. This is, whether you understand it or not, a rational process. Look up the word intuition, it's not some spacey half assed process-- it is a process of comprehension.

    I think it's funny that the infp is specifically accused of having a self serving world view when the truth is that most human beings have a self serving world view. However, the perceiving function does not run in line with the sweeping generalization you make about infps, as perceivers look at many sides of an argument before they come to a decision. My convictions are reasoned, and open to new ideas. And there have been many instances that my belief in what is fair to a human being has made me seem too serious, too sensitive, too aggressive, too whatever, and frankly I don't give a shit how I look if it comes at the expense of my reasoned, intuitive beliefs which are based on how people are treated in the world (unless someone can give me a legit argument otherwise) -- which totally obliterates in my opinion (and I'm sure in many other infp's opinions) your claim that infps are " not fighting for anything noble, they did not even know what they were doing, they were merely acting out on their impulse to try to be liked by others, as they usually do."

  9. #329
    Senior Member chris1207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Yes INFP females are sexy. In fact, I have a group.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...php?groupid=83
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

  10. #330
    Member Nomorenames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Hmm.

    @ OP: No /thread

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFP Quotes/Proverbs
    By Rebe in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-23-2014, 08:43 PM
  2. [INFP] Are INFP's boring???
    By Scott N Denver in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 10:22 AM
  3. [INFP] INFP Quotes?
    By liYA in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 12:34 PM
  4. [INFP] Are INFPs Easy to Pick on?
    By Ginkgo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 03:11 AM
  5. [INFP] Are INFPs Non-Religious?
    By TopherRed in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 01:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO