User Tag List

First 22303132333442 Last

Results 311 to 320 of 481

  1. #311
    Senior Member Chunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    That, and the fact that he told me he loved me when we hadn't even met in person.
    My INFJ and I both did this the very first time we chatted. 6 months and 1700 miles later, we are very happily together.

    *shrug* just depends on the connection and circumstances, I suppose.

    In my experience, disregard is absolutely correct.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

  2. #312
    Senior Member Quiet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    321

    Default

    It sounds like you were both were a match made in heaven. I think that's nice

  3. #313
    Senior Member paradox fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    134

    Default

    OP, in my opinion, we're super sexy.

    Yeah, I know that whole argument with SolitaryWalker is done, but I've got something to say. SW, if you're around, listen up.

    Equipped with your theory, will you judge every INFP (or anyone you assume is such) to be a selfish, spoiled brat, incapable of comprehending complex reasoning? Does that go against any of your principles?

    In your study of the INFP character, (not just how Fi, Ne, Si and Te interact), you have no doubt noticed that INFPs usually view themselves as fundamentally flawed. They know their flaws only too well. Most decide to combat and overcome those flaws, which gives the depth of character you claim they lack.

    Your obliterating laser beam analysis is fairly accurate, though wholly unnecessary. Good job of pouring the salt on the open wound. You know exactly how to knock someone off their high horse. How ironic, that's exactly what INFPs are accused of doing: attacking someone at their weakest point!

    Also, what motivated you to apply objective logic to a thread with a subjective premise? To get people to devalue INFPs as you apparently do? That's not going to yield any significant results. People will form their own opinions regardless of what you highly recommend. Or was it to get people to see the value of logical thinking? If society is geared for the ESTJ as the theory suggests, INFPs have already had "Logic over emotions!" rammed down their throats enough. They don't need to hear it from you, too.

    Perhaps you wish to be respected for your logical thought processes. You failed hard. How can you expect to receive dignity and respect if you do not respect and dignify your audience? You get the respect you give. I'm sure any truly good orator knows that.

    It seems some NTs enjoy theorizing in its own right; exercising their mental faculties gives them great pleasure. If you made your post simply to further your own interest in mental gymnastics, to attack people for mere sport, who's self-serving now?

    (Note: You might say you're addressing the fallacies of the INFP thought process, but I say you "attack people." An individual who identifies with the INFP profile likely finds personal identity to be among their top values. INFP profile : personal identity :: attack of INFP profile : attack of personal identity. Once again, you failed to tailor your presentation to your audience. Major points lost, and for what?)

    I'm not going to list all possible motivations you may have, firstly because I'm not inside your head, secondly because I'm interested to know what your motivation really was. It may not matter to you, but I'd like to understand you better, so it matters to me. Remember, you're in NF territory.

    You've indicated that Thinking is your preference rather than Feeling. You value logic over emotion. That is your preference, your opinion, to which you are entitled. And this is an opinion thread, so differing opinions are good to discuss. But to present your opinions as absolute logic which everyone must embrace, and to say that anyone who doesn't is an unreasoning moron, is highly presumptuous. If your assertions were true fact, no one would dispute them, like no one disputes a mathematical equation or that the world is round.

    Everyone's got strong points and weak points. Every type has advantages and disadvantages. Both decision-making styles are perfectly suited to certain circumstances and ridiculously inappropriate for others. To dismiss all people of a certain group before you truly know them, simply because they prefer a style of thinking different from yours, is to behave close-mindedly. To urge others to do the same is to behave as a tyrant. (Speaking of tyrants, who is this royal "we" you keep speaking of? You and every INTP, NT, or INFP hater in the world? You and everyone who agrees with you? You and Lady Logic? You and your cat? You and whose army?)

    I don't want to hear "Oh, but paradox fox, you speak of respecting one's audience, yet you've broken your own rule." You lost respect a long time ago. I'll respect you when you clear yourself of hypocrisy. You can do that by delineating your motives and by turning your laser beam onto your type and all other types.

    Go brush up on your persuasion skills while I brush up on my teeth. Your presumptuousness tastes like BO.

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    If you want to be emotionally stable, you need to have a narrow range of emotion. That is the healthiest. This way, you can easily understand them and control them. On the other hand, if there is a wide range of emotion, there will be simply too much work for you to do. This is not healthy because you will not be in control of your life, as your emotions will rule you, not vice versa. Alternatively, if you have a firm grasp over your passions, you get to choose exactly what internal diet of thought is best for you and nothing shall stop you from embracing it.

    Bottom line is the healthiest, or the most conducive to your long term happiness range of emotions, is a very narrow one.
    Narrow range of emotions? Let me guess, all of the good and none of the bad? All of the bad and none of the good? Two good and two bad?

    Ok, well what if you get raped on the street? Your child murdered? A terrorist attack on your town? Where will you be then? How narrow will your emotions be? Let me know when you get there, and I'll be fascinated to watch you pontificate your way out of that one.
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

  4. #314
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    6

    Default

    As an INFP male, I am primarily interested in ENFP & INFP females, with no real preference between the two. I have very little interest in dating non-NFs, although NTs are ok.

  5. #315
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Love is purely about pheromones. Don't deny your australopithecus roots.
    You're confusing love with lust IMO. I'd say that anyone who can't love someone they've only met online either doesn't really know what love is or is (possibly justifiably) paranoid that they are being lied to.

  6. #316
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paradox fox View Post
    Yeah, I know that whole argument with SolitaryWalker is done, but I've got something to say. SW, if you're around, listen up.
    I didn't read through this whole thread, but since you posted on the last page, I went back and found the discussion/posts you are referring to. I wouldn't get too offended by that guy as he obviously doesn't have the slightest clue as to what INFPs or probably NFs in general are all about. This is not at all surprising for an INTP, as they have very little ability to understand NFs and far too much arrogance (due to their exceptional ability to understand most things) to admit it, so they make crap up and bounce it around in their heads until they've convinced themselves that THIS IS HOW REALITY IS and are highly unlikely to be swayed by or even listen to outside input. Of course, we all do this to some extent, but they're the worst.

  7. #317
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    My posts in this thread were pretty sexy. Surely that counts.

  8. #318
    Senior Member Quiet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    My posts in this thread were pretty sexy. Surely that counts.
    lol

  9. #319
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Firstly, let's discuss what can be sexy, not what sexy is, and not what INFP is.

    The exhaust pipe on the rear of a car is sexy to some
    While an inflatable doll is sexy to my brothers
    Pixelated boobies online makes some cum
    While Flock of Seagulls is sexy to others



    So, at this point, who gives a shit?

  10. #320
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    That, and the fact that he told me he loved me when we hadn't even met in person.
    I heared that from an ENTP after 10 days of chatting online


    btw. i agree with disregard; individuals are sexy, not types...

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFP Quotes/Proverbs
    By Rebe in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-23-2014, 08:43 PM
  2. [INFP] Are INFP's boring???
    By Scott N Denver in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 10:22 AM
  3. [INFP] INFP Quotes?
    By liYA in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 12:34 PM
  4. [INFP] Are INFPs Easy to Pick on?
    By Ginkgo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 03:11 AM
  5. [INFP] Are INFPs Non-Religious?
    By TopherRed in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 01:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO