User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

This thread is making me wonder if there's something to this VI stuff! "Innocently sexy" or "too cute/innocent to be sexy" seems to be the consensus for me.

I become the little girl in group situations, even if we are all the same age, and i only ever seem to get hit on by older guys or jerks
    Same here! Gah!

I think I look like I have "naive" stamped on my forehead.
    6w5sp/sx

MBTI
    ISFJ

These days I don't even know what "sexy" is supposed to mean exactly. If it's someone that turns you on, certainly - INFPs can be quite sexy.

MBTI
    STUF

Quote Originally Posted by frenchkiss View Post

Same here! Gah!

I think I look like I have "naive" stamped on my forehead.
    That or you're a girl.
    Whoops.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Females INFPs: yes, many are sexy. Actually, it seems to be the normality to be pretty for females INFPs, I have'nt ever met an ugly one. My own mother is an INFP, and she's objectively one of the beautifulest women I've ever see.

Males INFPs: there's no contradiction between to be an INFP and to be sexy. Some of them are (famous exemples: Keanu Reeves), I think the problem with male INFP it's they're often effeminate.

MBTI
    INFP

A sexy here
    A sexy there
    Here a sexy
    There a sexy
    Everywhere a sexy, sexy.

Sexy? Say it often enough- - - - - sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy - - - - - and it sounds exactly like "$19.95", doesn't it?

Even fountain pens and cell phones are SEX-AY these days so I see no reason why INFPs can't join the good old commercial trend to sell themselves.

Actually I've always considered myself to be sexy. And vast numbers of the world's underdogs do as well. (Hey, Dawg.)

They say sexy is in one's own mind so I guess I've got it made.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think the problem with male INFP it's they're often effeminate.

I can see this. I'm not overly effeminate, but I do have a strong relationship/understanding with girls. I think that's why I tend to be in that 'friend' box. I guess I need to watch more Seagal movies, lol.

MBTI
    INFP

I think we fall out with what the current culture expects. It reminds me of something Margaret Meade wrote that the same 'sensitive' boy growing into the same elegant cultured man in 1900 would have been expected to seduce his way round women queueing up for it in Vienna but in Tombstone he'd have been seen as gay and lucky not get lynched before he had a chance to grow up. I fear we are back to Tombstone without the lynching. (OK you can be gay if you look gay but you mustn't be anything else)

All the 'New Man' stuff doesn't look as if it runs very deep with a lot of women and whatever some people say about feminists having an influence improving that, I think their influence has been more ambiguous or even the other way round. Yes there are feminists who've encouraged their sons and lovers to be more balanced between what's supposed to be 'traditional' for the sexes but I am afraid that others have made a much louder noise saying that all men are savages or gay and it is their voice that children have heard more and grown up to accept as what a man 'is'.

It's always the same: do you pay more attention when somebody says things are fine or when they warn to be on your guard?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    I think we fall out with what the current culture expects. It reminds me of something Margaret Meade wrote that the same 'sensitive' boy growing into the same elegant cultured man in 1900 would have been expected to seduce his way round women queueing up for it in Vienna but in Tombstone he'd have been seen as gay and lucky not get lynched before he had a chance to grow up. I fear we are back to Tombstone without the lynching. (OK you can be gay if you look gay but you mustn't be anything else)

All the 'New Man' stuff doesn't look as if it runs very deep with a lot of women and whatever some people say about feminists having an influence improving that, I think their influence has been more ambiguous or even the other way round. Yes there are feminists who've encouraged their sons and lovers to be more balanced between what's supposed to be 'traditional' for the sexes but I am afraid that others have made a much louder noise saying that all men are savages or gay and it is their voice that children have heard more and grown up to accept as what a man 'is'.

It's always the same: do you pay more attention when somebody says things are fine or when they warn to be on your guard?
    Exactly. I couldn't have put it better myself. I don't follow the whole macho aspect at all, yet I don't see myself as being effeminate (others do). I like a lot of things that are associated from both genders. I'm not concerned with trying to fill the heavy shoes of being male, I know what I am and that's all that matters. It's hard in this society to be anything else but from the norm, everyone knows that. But the way it's handled with such obnoxiousness and "you can be this, this, and this, but don't do this because you'll end up this" is crazy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I know one guy irl who I think is INFP and I wouldn't describe him as effeminate at all. He has sort of a gentle demeanor and he's very polite and quiet, but effeminate would be way too strong of a word.
    6w5sp/sx

garbage

Yes, and again from a practical standpoint.

INFP women are very.. intriguing. It's like they have the qualities that I'm lacking, and there's something I can bring out of them and vice versa, but yet I see a lot of myself in them. It seems like a mutual feeling whenever I run into one, too.

They seem awkward. A sexy awkward.