User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    This conversation now embodies everything that is wrong with MBTI. You're all taking it too far. Way too far. This is like something I'd expect in a conversation between Bill O'Reaily, Ann Coulter, and Sean Hannity, in that it's a bunch of bullshit, no one knows what they are talking about, and they are all too arrogant to admit it! The more I read MBTI and the discussions that come from it the more and more I see how invalid it is, and how little it really applies to how people behave and their personalities, unless used in the most general sense possible.

There are no types, there are only people. Thats the only MBTI knowledge you need, and it is the only MBTI that is absolutely true.

This is what happens when I participate in things. I get invested and carried away.

Again, sincere apologies to everyone who had to see this.

My last post here, I promise.

(Still, I know I'm right.)

heart on fire

I think every type here should have to see a "Are XXXX sexy?" thread about them and have to read all the nonsense. I'd make those threads myself but I don't want to get nabbed for spaming. *sigh*

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by hathor_sekhmet View Post
    Ok, now I understand why no one even bothered contesting your points. I know you're not going to agree to disagree, since to you your opinion is fact, but I am going to drop this (knowing that your point is nonsense) in favor of doing something more productive.

So you're saying Thinkers have a narrower range of emotion than Feelers? Great, now I can go around claiming that I have SO much more emotional depth and complexity than all you dead-inside NTs -- BlueWing said so!

(I really am very sorry for clogging up this thread!)
    You finally admit for yourself to be unreasonable?

The more I read MBTI and the discussions that come from it the more and more I see how invalid it is, and how little it really applies to how people behave and their personalities, unless used in the most general sense possible..
    Astute!

There are no types, there are only people. Thats the only MBTI knowledge you need, and it is the only MBTI that is absolutely true.

Yeah, it need not make any sense. There is only feel! And the feel changes from person to person, its all good! Trust me!
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    You finally admit for yourself to be unreasonable?
    Yes, Blue Wing you are right.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Yeah, it need not make any sense. There is only feel! And the feel changes from person to person, its all good! Trust me!
    Oh BW, your sense of humor never fails to amuse me.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

sexy? maybe

beautiful - yes
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I've only met two people in real life who I am sure are INFPs, i worked with one and the other is my sister.

I can see how they could be seen as cute in a shy, innocent or clumsey way but definately not sexy.
    Both have poor self confidence and posture too, which is a major turnoff for me.

I do get along with them very well though, it's easy to make them laugh.

MBTI
    INFP

Sexiness is a physical trait, so it depends on the genes and if your trying to be sexy. I know sexy people who are only sexy when they are confident about it. So sexiness is mostly a confidence thing. I've been told I'm sexy, but only when I really feel it. I think it's easier for other types since we don't naturally feel sexy nor feel the need to except to feel confident. We immitate the idea from others because we think it's cool, and we like the attention, but we really don't want to be thought of that way. We would rather be thought of as beautiful or elegant or some other romantic term. Sexy is not romantic to us, it's kind of a turn-off since it means were being admired for our body, not who we are. We think the compliment is shallow, but it still makes us feel good.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by jtanSis1 View Post
    Sexiness is a physical trait
    Sexiness is mostly a confidence thing.
    You argue with yourself?

We would rather be thought of as beautiful or elegant or some other romantic term. Sexy is not romantic to us, it's kind of a turn-off since it means were being admired for our body, not who we are. We think the compliment is shallow, but it still makes us feel good.
    I don't think it is shallow. The other more "romantic" stuff might seem fake. And I don't think it is about body. It is an attitude.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I have a very close (probably too close?) INFP male friend that I've known since grade 9 that is the epitome of sexiness (according to everyone from ESTP volleyball teammate to ENFJ new friend to INTP high school friend). ENFP male friend can't figure out why the INFP hasn't had a million girlfriends as every girl he meets always asks questions about the INFP.

Would it work with a xxTJ female and a very xxFP withdrawn male? I don't know.
    It can as long as equilibrium of investment is achieved. Both also would need to bend some to eachother's communication styles, never mind the more important requirements of maturity and similar values. If all that is there it would work well, then again I may be biased.

I'm another one of those INFPs who has been asked that same question, "Why don't you have a girlfriend?", "You don't seem like someone who would be single." I guess we just value quality over quantity and our shyness doesn't help much in getting the ones we do want. The thing that I find entertaining/painfull are the single girls who ask me why I don't have a girlfriend then back away a little when I offer. These, however, are still girls I've had to find interest in first.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]