User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I've always got an infp in my pocket

Did it come with a decorative mirrored compact?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    *rages* F U!!!!!! *punches stone wall repeatedly*
    LOL I'll modify my statement:

INTPs are emotionally dead inside, except when they explode in a fit of uncontrollable anger. Then they go on being emotionless robots.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I've always got an infp in my pocket
    I bet it is nice and warm and safe there. *leer* Do you find me sexy now?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

No it came with that voice over his shoulder, always making him turn his head, during conversations. But see for yourself

<--------- *look left now*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

heart on fire

Oh that's a nice one to carry around, the mini-libertine model. I am both happy and envious for you. I have to settle for carrying a devil around in my pocket and his pitchfork hurts!

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Regardless of the accuracy, I thank you for giving something to think about.
    Illustrious one,

You are not in the position to comment on accuracy because that is the business of Thinking. You may be however, if A)You are one of those exceptional INFPs who are competent at the use of Thinking. B) You are actually a more Thinking oriented type who mistakenly regards oneself as an INFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by hathor_sekhmet View Post
    @ BlueWing:

From occasional lurking, I've seen your posts before... didn't you used to like INFPs a lot? Almost to the point where it seemed like you put them on a pedestal. I wonder what happened.

Anyway, I think you've only magnified the (potentially) negative qualities of the type. You could take any type and do the same thing (I could grossly generalize and say that INTPs are emotionally dead inside) so I'm not that bothered. .
    This was not focused on the negative traits of the INFP, but on all traits. What I have described in my post is very common of those of us who tend to do poorly at the use of Thinking. Yes, INTPs do poorly at the use of Feeling, however, less negative consequences follow as a result of poor use of Feeling rather than as a result of poor use of Thinking. This is the case because Thinking is necessary to organize all of our activities in life. No other function can claim to be nearly as busy as this one, therefore Feeling is less active and for this reason poor use of the Feeling faculty leads to less negative consequences than the poor use of a Thinking function.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    This was not focused on the negative traits of the INFP, but on all traits. What I have described in my post is very common of those of us who tend to do poorly at the use of Thinking. Yes, INTPs do poorly at the use of Feeling, however, less negative consequences follow as a result of poor use of Feeling rather than as a result of poor use of Thinking. This is the case because Thinking is necessary to organize all of our activities in life. No other function can claim to be nearly as busy as this one.
    You're ignoring/avoiding the point I really took offense at, but ok.

So you focused on "all traits," but with a decidedly negative slant. I say it's a subjective thing, whether poor use of Thinking leads to more negative consequences than poor use of Feeling.

I wouldn't be so peeved if you stated all that as an opinion, but you say it as if it is fact, and to be taken as such by everyone. It is not a fact that INFPs make terrible long-term friends or partners for a general "one." For some, probably, but for others we can be emotional bedrocks.

Holy jeeze I'm taking this way too seriously. Who knew I'd become one of those people who argue on Internet forums lol.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

he always posts after my posts but he never comments on them, I feel excited
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by hathor_sekhmet View Post
    You're ignoring/avoiding the point I really took offense at, but ok.

So you focused on "all traits," but with a decidedly negative slant. I say it's a subjective thing, whether poor use of Thinking leads to more negative consequences than poor use of Feeling.

I wouldn't be so peeved if you stated all that as an opinion, but you say it as if it is fact, and to be taken as such by everyone. It is not a fact that INFPs make terrible long-term friends or partners for a general "one." For some, probably, but for others we can be emotional bedrocks.

Holy jeeze I'm taking this way too seriously. Who knew I'd become one of those people who argue on Internet forums lol.

All statements are either true or false. No such thing as 'my opinion'. Accordingly, if a statement is true, every reasonable person is obligated to believe it. Only if it is false, reasonableness does not obligate you to believe a statement. Hence, to point out a set of statements is false, you need to identify the premises within the argument, show how they are unwarranted, or show how the argument is invalid. Until you do this, as a reasonable person, you're obligated to believe my conclusion.

Of course, there is a way out of this for you, its your preroragative to declare yourself unreasonable, in that case you may believe anything that you want.

But in that case your comments will carry no weight in this reasonable discussion. You might as well not make the commentary, or do so with the understanding that they will be disregarded.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    All statements are either true or false. No such thing as 'my opinion'. Accordingly, if a statement is true, every reasonable person is obligated to believe it. Only if it is false, reasonableness does not obligate you to believe a statement. Hence, to point out a set of statements is false, you need to identify the premises within the argument, show how they are unwarranted, or show how the argument is invalid. Until you do this, as a reasonable person, you're obligated to believe my conclusion.

Of course, there is a way out of this for you, its your preroragative to declare yourself unreasonable, in that case you may believe anything that you want.

But in that case your comments will carry no weight in this reasonable discussion. You might as well not make the commentary, or do so with the understanding that they will be disregarded.
    Then your statement that it would be better for "one" to turn elsewhere than the INFP for quality long-term friendship/partnership is false. I've already pointed out why. I think real-life experience in relationships trumps abstract theory when it comes to real-life relationships.

I am reasonable to a reasonable degree, as a well-balanced person should be. Of course I cannot be perfectly reasonable like you, dear BlueWing.

I feel like I'm Alice in Wonderland here.

To get back on topic, INFPs are hell of sexy.