User Tag List

123 Last

Sniffles

Unhappy Am I out of place here?

Sorry for such an asinine question, but for some reason this keeps bugging me. It seems wherever I go, I seem somehow out of place - and this place is no exception.

Im not bragging or anything; it just seems I'm able to add different angles and dimensions to certain discussions. Or present facts that most people are hardly aware of. For some odd reason, I just have knack for that.

I guess a light-hearted example is Nocturne's thread where he wants people to ask him random questions to stimulate thought. So essentially I asked his take on Carl Schmitt's political philosophy.

Then these posts in the thread concerning Hitler's type:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...10-post21.html
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...38-post25.html

Then who can forget my personal thread where I rant on about various topics popping into my head. Especially look at my take on Kierkegaard there.

Then my response to Night in the Great Christian argument thread.

Or my take on Communitarianism.

Is it just me, or do these posts seem a bit out of the norm? It seems I'm constantly spouting and naming off stuff most people here have never heard of. Nothing wrong with that per se; but too often it leads to misunderstandings, among other things.

Also I notice people often don't respond to my posts, which irritates me because I like feedback. Two main reaons for this I notice, either 1) people are just overwhelmed by my posts or 2) they're amazed at my posts and just want to read more(yes I actually got a complaint about this once; not that I talk too much but too little, they want more commentary from me).

Problem is, I don't really know what if any effect Im having. It seems people just ignore me.

So yeah, if anybody wants to touche this with a 20ft pole I'd appreciated it. Perhaps others have a similar feeling bugging them?

And to all the cynics out there, yeah yeah I know.....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I can really identify with your initial statement that wherever you go you feel out of place.

I'm currently not totally sure if I'm a J or P anymore, but I've been researching it and this quote by Vicky Jo Varner stood out as something that describes me well.

We feel different, even when we are surrounded by other people who are INFJs and similar to us in every way (age, race, education, income). We would find a way to feel different. Most INFJs perpetually live with this sensation of being isolated, feeling different from the pack. Even when we aren't isolated, we tend to FEEL isolated, despite all evidence to the contrary.
    You're not the only one, man.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    DAMN! I thought I was special. LOL j/k

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think you're any more "out of place" than anyone else. You have a unique perspective because you're the only you. I confess I don't get many of your posts, but that's true for a lot of people's. There are some topics that I can tell by the title I'm not going to be interested in, and others that sound good but when I read it, nearly every post just shows up to me as "words...blahblah...words...more words.." but that's on me, not on anybody else to feel the need to change or dumb anything down for me. Everybody's going to have different things that they are drawn to, and there's nothing wrong with that.

In other words, ROCK ON with your "out of the norm" self. Who says the "the norm" is something to aspire to? Do yo thang.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Often times less is more. Maybe you need sexy new avatar. Deep down most people are whores and respond mental imagery. Maybe start a new thread asking people to choose your next avatar. Then if you're feeling especially brave post your pic in the what we look like thread to give people a face to put with your name.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

You are still pretty new and this is a big forum. Like Jen said, maybe post some fluffy stuff so people can get to know you as a person a bit.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

When you post, you seem to rarely say anything original, i.e. you seem to regurgitate, quote or cite other "prolific" persons.

Fora tend to be places where people like to swap and share *their* personal stories, and not the stories of *others*.

So yeah, whereas most people are sharing autobiographical information, you seem to prefer to share biographical information, so perhaps that is why *you*, "don't fit in".
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I agree with CC. None of the stuff you mention in your OP is new to me, but I am not here for that type of connection so I typically don't respond. I would love to know more about you, though. (As Butthead says, if I wanted to read, I'd go to school. )

Incidentally this is the same thing that frustrates me about BlueWing- I have a hunch there's a really cool, interesting dude in there but he seems not to care if we see that or not. That's okay, I guess, he has carved out a niche for himself with his philosophies and unique angle on typology, but I do kind of crave getting to know him. You, at least, seem marginally more interested in letting folks in.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    I can really identify with your initial statement that wherever you go you feel out of place.

I'm currently not totally sure if I'm a J or P anymore, but I've been researching it and this quote by Vicky Jo Varner stood out as something that describes me well.

Is this an INFJ thing, or a being an exception to the norm thing?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Try hopping on the bandwagon with relatively trivial threads. You seem to really concentrate on mostly philosophical/intellectual stuff.

What I'm trying to say is that perhaps breaking out of your pattern would show people that you're more well-rounded than what most of your post history has to say about you.

Post on on the threads that are already getting lots of responses, you can see that on the 'live new posts' link. Those are high traffic areas and posting there, I reckon, will up your street credit, yo.

If you stick to the same 'ol stuff it's no surprise if people go, 'Oh another one of those posts of his', and then write it off immediately.

Diversify yo' self, fool dog.

And I second the motion for getting a new avi.