User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 43

  1. #11
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Wyst has a point. I think if folks get the idea you think you're too good for some silliness, it can make them feel inferior. I know it works that way for me.

    In other words: does every post need to be about Kierkegaard et. al.? Is it possible that you are slightly protective of your intelligence and less scholarly topics make you feel anxious that you might not come across as erudite?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  2. #12
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I agree with CC. None of the stuff you mention in your OP is new to me, but I am not here for that type of connection so I typically don't respond. I would love to know more about you, though. (As Butthead says, if I wanted to read, I'd go to school. )

    Incidentally this is the same thing that frustrates me about BlueWing- I have a hunch there's a really cool, interesting dude in there but he seems not to care if we see that or not. That's okay, I guess, he has carved out a niche for himself with his philosophies and unique angle on typology, but I do kind of crave getting to know him. You, at least, seem marginally more interested in letting folks in.
    Well, Bluewing's posts *are* his own original thoughts. That explains why nobody can understand what he's saying unless they've read his entire collected works.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  3. #13
    lurking.... Wyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Is this an INFJ thing, or a being an exception to the norm thing?
    I think it's an INFJ thing. But from what I've read, INFJs feel this kind of isolation to a greater extent, sometimes leading us to feel like we're the victims of fate in a cruel world.

    I think people are only exceptions to the norm if they are doing something/not doing something to excess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Wyst has a point.

  4. #14
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Well, Bluewing's posts *are* his own original thoughts. That explains why nobody can understand what he's saying unless they've read his entire collected works.
    Moreso now than in the past. They used to be a lot more derivative.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  5. #15
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    I think it's an INFJ thing. But from what I've read, INFJs feel this kind of isolation to a greater extent, sometimes leading us to feel like we're the victims of fate in a cruel world.
    I don't. Poop on all of you.

    L and I tried to read Kierkegaard's, The Concept of Anxiety and felt as if our eyes were going to fall out. :zzz::zzz:I need to be entertained. Dazzle me Peguy!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  6. #16
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Well, I never saw that communitarian post made by Peguy, but I'm glad I saw it now. At least one other person identifies with that concept.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  7. #17
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I don't. Poop on all of you.

    L and I tried to read Kierkegaard's, The Concept of Anxiety and felt as if our eyes were going to fall out. :zzz::zzz:I need to be entertained. Dazzle me Peguy!
    Is that why you claim to be an ESFJ now?
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  8. #18
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Mostly what got said so far. Here's what I think when I read your posts, depending on the topic at hand:

    1. You sound like you know far more than me on the topic, so it would be ignorant for me to say anything.
    2. You might be completely wrong, but I don't have the time or interest in the topic at hand enough to research it just to argue it to depth with you.
    3. You have a strong opinion on a topic that is expressed in a way that makes it clear it's pointless for me to bother debating you because you're not going to change your mind regardless of the points I might make.
    4. Even when you lodge momentarily in a topic I know something about AND have an interest in, real life demands tell me it's a poor use of what little time and energy I have to get caught up in too deep a discussion with you, because I don't have any real-life connection with you / personal investment and vice versa. That's just the way it is.

    You seem to be very intelligent.
    You also seem to enjoy talking about your ideas rather than about you.
    I can go anywhere and hear ideas. Everyone's got an opinion.
    But you're the only "you" there is.
    So that would be more interesting to me at this time in my life, since my intellectual needs have changed over the years and I also see the debates as less conclusive and more just as people sowing their intellectual oats and strutting their stuff.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #19
    lurking.... Wyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I don't. Poop on all of you.

    L and I tried to read Kierkegaard's, The Concept of Anxiety and felt as if our eyes were going to fall out. :zzz::zzz:I need to be entertained. Dazzle me Peguy!
    I thought you were in eNFJ...

  10. #20
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Sorry for such an asinine question, but for some reason this keeps bugging me. It seems wherever I go, I seem somehow out of place - and this place is no exception.

    Im not bragging or anything; it just seems I'm able to add different angles and dimensions to certain discussions. Or present facts that most people are hardly aware of. For some odd reason, I just have knack for that.

    I guess a light-hearted example is Nocturne's thread where he wants people to ask him random questions to stimulate thought. So essentially I asked his take on Carl Schmitt's political philosophy.

    Then these posts in the thread concerning Hitler's type:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...10-post21.html
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...38-post25.html

    Then who can forget my personal thread where I rant on about various topics popping into my head. Especially look at my take on Kierkegaard there.

    Then my response to Night in the Great Christian argument thread.

    Or my take on Communitarianism.

    Is it just me, or do these posts seem a bit out of the norm? It seems I'm constantly spouting and naming off stuff most people here have never heard of. Nothing wrong with that per se; but too often it leads to misunderstandings, among other things.
    I can speak only for myself, but I can assure you that your citations are rarely mysterious to me - I have a vast knowledge of Theosophy - both as a weapon and as a form of spiritual Mercantilism.

    If that is any encouragement to you, then endear it as such.

    I think what you're really asking is if your incisions are overly esoteric and/or too academic.
    I don't believe they are. In fact, I think you're begging the question.

    Wanting others to conform is a form of esoterica, if you catch my drift...

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Also I notice people often don't respond to my posts, which irritates me because I like feedback. Two main reaons for this I notice, either 1) people are just overwhelmed by my posts or 2) they're amazed at my posts and just want to read more(yes I actually got a complaint about this once; not that I talk too much but too little, they want more commentary from me).
    You're looking too hard. Don't expect so much.

    Expectations for others often lead to disappointment with oneself. Either as a result of the apparent disconnect or consequent to a sense of elevated isolation, as seems the case with you.

    I mean this kindly.

    I like you, Peguy. You probably shouldn't expect others to abandon their positions simply because you've adequately weaponized yours.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Problem is, I don't really know what if any effect Im having. It seems people just ignore me.
    Effect?

    What's your cause, Peguy?

    ...and why would it work for anyone besides you?

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] I am out of here!
    By The Wailing Specter in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 09-16-2014, 08:23 AM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 02:42 PM
  3. Help I am a celebrity get me out of here!
    By avolkiteshvara in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 04:27 PM
  4. get the hell out of here!
    By ThatGirl in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 05:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO