User Tag List

123 Last

Default ENFP's with ADD/ADHD

Are there any of you out there? How does it affect you?

MBTI
    INTP

Default This is off topic

Adderall gave me psychosis and some brain damage. If I were you, I would stay the hell away unless you want to create dyslexia.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    Adderall gave me psychosis and some brain damage. If I were you, I would stay the hell away unless you want to create dyslexia.
    I wouldn't let a single experience put you off trying medication.

Make sure you talk to your doctor about it, obviously.

Not an ENFP here but I am an INFP and I have pretty severe ADD. I'm ADD, primarily Inattentive type though I do tend to turn hyper when the meds wear out and at night.

MBTI
    ENTP

*yawn* ADD is a big scam, outside of the more severe cases. There's a reason why there's absolutely no market for these so-called 'medications' in any other country besides the United States.

Ps in general are most likely to be accused of having it. Wonder why...
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."--George Carlin

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTP

yea its kind of a mixed bag with me. I think in my case it really is pretty severe. when I try not taking my med's im constantly day dreaming, always looking out for the most interesting thing to do, and absolutely cannot due anything that requires sustained mental effort. I used to play video games for 5+ hours just so I could sort of zone out and stop my thought's from wondering to much.

On my med's I think i'm a lot more focused I can zone in on one task and still be able to maintain a creative thought process, but its more me selectively tuning in where as before I could easily read a book while blaring music and thinking about my day. now I have to consciously do one or the other but I have a lot more control over those decisions.

I was particularly wondering about ENFP's since we are kind of naturally ADD anyway.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    I was particularly wondering about ENFP's since we are kind of naturally ADD anyway.
    Exactly. There was someone on this forum that once said the psychiatric business is looking to turn all the NPs into SJs. I couldn't have agreed more.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP

Yes I can relate to that. but I think to answer your original question NP's that are extraverted are more likely to be deemed hyperactive and I's innattentive. I think though that medication is prescribed more to those who don't necessarily do the best in school. I don't think its a case of intelligence just the SJ bias in not valuing or understanding the NP thought process, or making any attempt to cater to it like Magic Poriferan pointed out.

In terms of whether medication is over prescribed for ADD though I would have to say yes. I think that on some level though it is necessary to string out thoughts and actions for a certain amount of time even for NP's.

MBTI
    enfp

in a way, its better to take relationships slow bc of the add. lol

i have a problem with appreciating what i have.

i dunno if that is add. or wat. lolz

but yeah, as i matured, i definitely did learn to appreciate more. u guys can have a chat about the appreciation thing... let it burn in ur mind. lolz

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm lucky, I don't have ADD or any kind of disorder of any sort
    must be pretty tough though...if you have it.