User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    i think the Ne IS BASICALLY BUILT IN ADD...and theres nothing wrong with that!!!!

i see a box: box-->xbox-->halo-->angel-->demon-->red-->blue-->ocean-->waves-->storms

what if you could like package a storm...into a box?!

ill also quote myself on how Ne affects my study habits:
    yeah! it's a real issue and it's very difficult to cope with. the problem more often than not is that my thoughts distract me more than anything. ideas, philosophies, situations, experiences... they all form this big ball and i will go on an internal tantrum of cycling related thoughts and feelings.

MBTI
    GONE

When I read the title of this thread I went :horor:

My god, an ENFP with ADD? Reminds me of my annoying as hell yoga teacher. Did I mention he was annoying as hell? Let's just call him a 'T' and call it a day.

Hahahhahaah.

Seriously. ENFP with AD(H)D = unbearable. Probably for them. But I was speaking for everyone else around the ENFP.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP

My girlfriend wants me on ADDERALL if I start this new job (which requires college classes).

MBTI
    JIxT

ENFP with ADD/ADHD?

Please do stop the music.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm bored! I NEED NEW!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I'm ENFP, and I supposedly have ADD as a component of tourettes (so it's legit). Still, I have my doubts as it is a very mild case. I was diagnosed when I was about 10, and as you know children are much more likely to express the extreme sides of their preferences than the balance adults mature into. I feel I make myself out to have worse ADD than I actually do, since sometimes I do or say things that are deliberately irrelevant, or switch topics suddenly out of Pe-ness. Yet, I emphasize that these things are deliberate and not the product of a short attention span; I often find them humorous as a personality component.

I have no idea whether this is true ADD or just a personality trait ... again, it's not uncommon for ADD and ADHD to lessen over time. Thoughts?

MBTI
    ENFP

ADD is ADD when it has repercution on your personal and professional life, to the point where you can't live a normal life. That's the definition

MBTI
    INTP

ADD as most people generally "understand" it is most likely just a personality trait of divergent thoughts that have little immediate context, hyperactivity and restlessness. as Cality stated it most often takes actual trained professionals to actually assess "true" cases of ADD because the symptoms are those that need to be looked at in various context's and situations(read her post for a great example). In MBTI terminology Intuition is most often confused for the randomness that in the Publics eyes is the defining trait of ADD. the Inattentive/Hyperactive facets are most often just a persons response to boredom. People who have true ADD though have serious debilitating effects from the condition and absolutely cannot maintain focus or thought on even their greatest interests much less their daily lives. This is where the disorder in my opinion is a reality because no matter what your interests are it is a necessity not a nicety to have a moderate amount of mental focus to achieve to some degree whatever lofty goals you no doubt have on those certain areas.

Most people however with milder forms of ADD learn as they mature to incorporate some mild coping strategies, or work around their forgetfulness and lack of focus to be very successful. the need for medication in the case of the people that fall in to this category is IMO not as necessary, helpful yes... but at the same time the personality/ mental disorder line is very blurred in this case so I think it is helpful to heir on the side of caution.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Since I do not know much about ADHD, I could be talking out of my rear end here, but I have often wondered if this kind of "illness" may not be certain misunderstood personality types that just do not "fit into" our fast-paced, do-it-now-or-die-or-get-fired mentality. I mean, people did not freak out about this before globalization and wacked-out technology world took over. Of course, it could also be that we just did not have the medical knowledge to discover it before....Who knows?!
    Well, the that's the "romantic" view of ADD... but in reality, ADHD without any help can keep you from having the minimum standard of comfort, cleanliness and stability in living that a person usually needs to be happy. Unless you manage to get rich.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    Are there any of you out there?
    How would you tell?