User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13 signs you're a classic INFJ

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

Sounds pretty generic NF. As noted, many other types would likely relate to a lot of these.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

literally your mother Array PocketFullOf's Avatar

I...I think I might be an INFJ...I can identify with every single one. Then again I have absolutely no Fi. What the hell is going on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by ancalagon View Post
    I'm an INTP, and I can identify with most of them. The ones I can't quite identify with: #3 (I can identify with it strongly if I take it literally, but I think they might mean something that's the opposite of me. That's a lot of vagueness to fit in 2 sentences.), #4 (The only one that is clearly not like me.), and #13 (Only the 'art' reference doesn't fit me, and if I interpreted it liberally or had a slightly different set of interests, it would fit me perfectly.).

All of it is said in positive and incredibly complimentary terms. Almost everything said is vague. I'm sure most INFJs would identify with most of it, but I think most non-INFJs would too.
    Yeah I agree completely about #13 .

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by velveteen View Post
    Number 9 sounds more like INFP, no?

Sure, I can relate to it, but I honestly think most NFs can.
    I agree that the list is true enough, but a bit like astrology descriptions in that a wide range of people are going to be able to identify with a lot on the list - at least to some degree.

Thankyou, @highlander for posting it, though, because it is a thoughtful, uplifting list.

My feeling about this issue of "classic" INFJ has troubled me a bit about MBTI. Without comparing NFs with other types, I would like to say something just specifically about NF, and INFJs and INFPs in particular. I think that both Ni and Fi are two of the most individualistic functions. They are both capable of deeply subjective, personalized ways of being and idealizing. Because introverts who are Feelers (both iNtuitives and Sensors) can appear quite similar on the surface, we don't always address just how great the diversity is legitimately within those categories. I'm not sure there is such a thing as a "classic INFJ" beyond some very core attributes. Having a highly analytical, abstracted internal world (Ni-Ti) and a direct connectedness when present in the concrete world (Fe-Se) are definitely telling signs, but these can manifest in highly personalized ways.

The ISFJ is a more stable, although also incredibly diverse, form of type. They will have more consistency within a specific cultural context. Virtually everything I've read about INFJs through MBTI is a description of the ISFJ -except for Jung's writing on Ni. Much of that list describes the ISFJ which are an especially beautiful and important type. I think one of the hallmarks of Ni-dom is inconsistency between individuals with that function. Ni is an internalized abstraction of the patterns behind the forms of reality. There is no way that is going to map the same way each time - especially because it toys with the very boundaries of what human perception is even capable of doing.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY
    Likes velveteen, Alaska liked this post