User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default NFtensity - Wooosh!

These thoughts stemming off of the ENFP/ENFP Thread...

I was reading all of your posts and thinking to myself that is EXACTLY how I am with the phone calls and texting. It's intense! How do you keep from freaking out another person at the beginning of a relationship? Do you try to hide the intensity and let it seep out slowly?

It's so rare for me to really connect with someone, but when I do, I could talk to them for hours and only hope they feel the same way. Are we prone towards being quality (hours and hours of) time oriented?

How do you manuever through the beginning of a relationship?

How do you neutralize the NFtensity? Or, do you find that it is received positively by other NFs?

To me, provided that I like you, no time is too much time to spend together. Even in the BEGINNING of a friendship or relationship. Space is unnecessary to me, but sometimes it takes people longer to warm up to that...

Thoughts?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Personally, when I feel the NFtensity coming on, it's probably someone else's fault. Like an NTP. I take off my shoe and proceed to lay a mighty mighty dainty smackdown, which may or may not include windmilling action ala Pete Townshend. Then, when I'm done raining them with dainty painless blows, I verbally upbraid them for the villains they are whilst declaring their possessions for the Mighty Pink Commonwealth of Awesome. Then, we might make out.

Either or. Either or.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    How do you neutralize the NFtensity? Or, do you find that it is received positively by other NFs?
    Hmm, no way really. I do freak people. And they don't see it coming, since I'm I.

MBTI
    EXXP

PP, you're onto something about the NTP's. Gawd, I'm holding myself back from one right now....don't want to scare THIS one away.

Seriously though, at the begining of a relationship....I play games with myself....won't contact them until X amount of hours are up. Don't sign onto yahoo...occupy my time so that I'm not in their face

I feel more comfortable showing the intensity with another NF though, they just seem to get it right away.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoose View Post
    PP, you're onto something about the NTP's. Gawd, I'm holding myself back from one right now....don't want to scare THIS one away.
    An introvert? Cuz the Es are the ones with no brakes. Once you get the object of your affection's full attention, the pedal goes straight to the floor. You'll be pounding your heel into the mats and still go careening through many red lights, possibly shouting profanities!

Seriously though, at the begining of a relationship....I play games with myself....won't contact them until X amount of hours are up. Don't sign onto yahoo...occupy my time so that I'm not in their face

I feel more comfortable showing the intensity with another NF though, they just seem to get it right away.
    Agreed about other Nfs. My other NFJ friends, we're very mano-y-mano. The NFPs are sympathetic.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Personally, when I feel the NFtensity coming on, it's probably someone else's fault. Like an NTP. I take off my shoe and proceed to lay a mighty mighty dainty smackdown, which may or may not include windmilling action ala Pete Townshend. Then, when I'm done raining them with dainty painless blows, I verbally upbraid them for the villains they are whilst declaring their possessions for the Mighty Pink Commonwealth of Awesome. Then, we might make out.

Either or. Either or.
    Excuse me, but we NTPs are the chillaxed ones. Calm down!

We don't do anything!

MBTI
    EXXP

PinkPiranha wrote: "An introvert?"

I had him take a couple of tests and he bordered on e/i. So, not sure. But he definitely prefers one on one communication and is very quiet around a lot of people, so I'm leaning more toward I.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoose View Post
    PinkPiranha wrote: "An introvert?"

I had him take a couple of tests and he bordered on e/i. So, not sure. But he definitely prefers one on one communication and is very quiet around a lot of people, so I'm leaning more toward I.
    Is this person in question an INTJ by any chance? INTJs can be very leery of NFedness at first, but I've found them really capable of handling emotion when they've decided you pass muster. Their Fi is very calming.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    INFP

I am a very intense, enthusiastic person. But I've learned how to conceal it.

Not to restrain it, though.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post

Either or. Either or.
    Someday, we're just going to give you a heart attack. Better be prepared!!
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so