• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFtensity - Wooosh!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love Robotech.

And this smiley: :party2:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFPs are more open to suggestion, but yes, way less crazy.

Ummm...I am definitely more crazy and less open to suggestion, unless the suggestion is a really awesome, crazy idea!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
See I'm the one constantly throwing out crazy big ideas and then doing nothing about them.

"We should totally dress up all Victorian and promenade through the mall!"
"Fuck this flight! Let's just DRIVE to Maine!"
"It's 2AM. I'm bored. Let's all do shots and drive around town."

I need that person who then says "OMG TOTALLY! Let's go!" or I just end up sitting around the apartment in my boxers watching old episodes of Scrubs.

haha... ya its that Ne that is so good at dreaming...and yet fails to act on the real world!

thats why having ESFP or ESTP friends can be a good idea...especially ESTP...he is awesome at bringing my crazy ideas to fruition.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha... ya its that Ne that is so good at dreaming...and yet fails to act on the real world!

thats why having ESFP or ESTP friends can be a good idea...especially ESTP...he is awesome at bringing my crazy ideas to fruition.

Dude, if I could find a way to apply my ideas in a useful way, I'd be a millionaire. Alas, my imagination suffices only to create crazy stories, bizarre entertainment (usually only for myself) and sometimes interesting classes.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Dude, if I could find a way to apply my ideas in a useful way, I'd be a millionaire. Alas, my imagination suffices only to create crazy stories, bizarre entertainment (usually only for myself) and sometimes interesting classes.

Hey, I happen to have an ENFP teacher whose classes are definitely interesting. Interesting with a capital I. :D

(And she laughs and talks and waves her hands a lot. :yes:)

Last edited:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, I happen have an ENFP teacher whose classes are definitely interesting. Interesting with a capital I. :D

(And she laughs and talks and waves her hands a lot. :yes:)

Oh my god, SO DO I!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I loved teaching! Maybe I'll do it again someday.

You totally should!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the most rewarding job there is.

BUT you should do it only if you love it - otherwise there is no point.

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
Eventually I am going to teach english overseas but it's possible I might just get into actually teaching everything some day. Who knows!

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Everyone loves EN_P teachers.

(Come on, it's a fact!)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eventually I am going to teach english overseas but it's possible I might just get into actually teaching everything some day. Who knows!

Oh my GOSH!!!!!!! That's how I got started!!!!! You totally should!!!!!!!!!!! :cheese:

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
I do hope everyone loves EN_P teachers, because I surely love the teaching bits in my work. The enthusiasm, surprises, and crazy jokes come brimming out until everyone wants to know what I'm going to do next! The dominant Ne brings out some wacky ways of getting the attention of the students and keeping it...

So Ne + Fi = inspired teachers who enjoy teaching?

But Ne + Fi = people who can't wait for others to reply back to texts and emails? I'm another one. Sigh! Why does the whole world seem to respond back so slowwwwly?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do hope everyone loves EN_P teachers, because I surely love the teaching bits in my work. The enthusiasm, surprises, and crazy jokes come brimming out until everyone wants to know what I'm going to do next! The dominant Ne brings out some wacky ways of getting the attention of the students and keeping it...

But Ne + Fi = people who can't wait for others to reply back to texts and emails? I'm another one. Sigh! Why does the whole world seem to respond back so slowwwwly?

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

We should have a teachers' part of MBTI, SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi

This is exactly the reason to my opinion. All my EN_P teachers have been very inspiring and enthusiastic about what they teach. And, you can't help it, it's infectious. One of them made me enjoy physical exercise, though I hate sports and am a little... slow. :doh: :D

They don't have these boring lessons (yes, I'm a patient and long-suffering etc introvert but boring is still boring) where you just write. And write. And write. I have nothing against writing, but I'd like do other things as well.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is exactly the reason to my opinion. All my EN_P teachers have been very inspiring and enthusiastic about what they teach. And, you can't help it, it's infectious. One of them made me enjoy physical exercise, though I hate sports and am a little... slow. :doh: :D

They don't have these boring lessons (yes, I'm a patient and long-suffering etc introvert but boring is still boring) where you just write. And write. And write. I have nothing against writing, but I'd like do other things as well.

When I construct my lessons, I have almost no writing. They can take notes if they want to, but it is not required. The only exception is when people deliberately ask me if they can practice business correspondence. Well, then they almost have to write.

Instead, I encourage people to speak and engage in activities with each other. Sometimes they read a bit to practice pronunciation, but only as a lead-in to other things. In addition, I try to vary my activities and methods (as well as media) as much as possible.

Overall, I have had very positive feedback about my teaching, but I think it was mostly successful due to my pupils' engagement as well.

As I recall, I think there were only two instances of times where the chemistry just was not right. And when it isn't right, OH LAWDY!!! There is just an impasse, and you can forget it!

But usually I cannot help but win people over in spite of themselves. Even people who normally hate languages. I guess it is just because I love what I do and I simply exude this truth, this feeling. :yes: It makes them curious to know why!!! If she loves it so much, maybe it isn't that bad!!!

At the very least, you cannot expect people to be engaged if YOU are going in there looking like a sour puss and cannot wait to get out of there. Or if you have absolutely no creativity or sense of humor. Okay, people think I'm crazy, but one thing ya gotta say - they never complain that they are bored. And I have even got invited over people's houses, received gifts.

The other stuff, I guess you could say it was fake - or to humor me. But WESTPHALIANS never EVER EVER give gifts, make compliments, and CERTAINLY never invite you unless they are super happy. I would say 60% are SJ and 20% are NT. So, yeah....

But what can I say!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
When I construct my lessons, I have almost no writing. They can take notes if they want to, but it is not required. The only exception is when people deliberately ask me if they can practice business correspondence. Well, then they almost have to write.

Instead, I encourage people to speak and engage in activities with each other. Sometimes they read a bit to practice pronunciation, but only as a lead-in to other things. In addition, I try to vary my activities and methods (as well as media) as much as possible.

Overall, I have had very positive feedback about my teaching, but I think it was mostly successful due to my pupils' engagement as well.
:yes:

After all, I believe that we're studying to, for example, use the language, or to understand why the Sun sets earlier in the winter. (I still shudder when thinking about that one teacher who emphasised neat handwriting and "beautifully" drawn marginals over everything else, and, based on this, she would raise or lower grades significantly. I think she was an ESTJ. :dry:)

As I recall, I think there were only two instances of times where the chemistry just was not right. And when it isn't right, OH LAWDY!!! There is just an impasse, and you can forget it!
Agreed.

One of my former teachers (SJ as well) didn't get along well with one of my friends (ESTP) and was constantly nagging and complaining to him about everything (mostly totally nonexistent things). He was quite talented and fluent with languages, but he was an impulsive and active person and had some problems with concentration. He got poor grades but sure could have done better. :(

But usually I cannot help but win people over in spite of themselves. Even people who normally hate languages. I guess it is just because I love what I do and I simply exude this truth, this feeling. :yes: It makes them curious to know why!!! If she loves it so much, maybe it isn't that bad!!!
Yes to this, too. This, again, is what I've been talking about. :D

At the very least, you cannot expect people to be engaged if YOU are going in there looking like a sour puss and cannot wait to get out of there. Or if you have absolutely no creativity or sense of humor.

Certain persons would do well if they learned this. :D
:azdaja: "WHY DON'T YOU CONCENTRATE, IDIOTS?!"

Okay, people think I'm crazy, but one thing ya gotta say - they never complain that they are bored. And I have even got invited over people's houses, received gifts.

The other stuff, I guess you could say it was fake - or to humor me. But WESTPHALIANS never EVER EVER give gifts, make compliments, and CERTAINLY never invite you unless they are super happy. I would say 60% are SJ and 20% are NT. So, yeah....

But what can I say!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:
Well... Never met anyone who would dislike EN_P teachers.

:nice:

We need more of them! Where's findthejake? :D

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm here! I've been teaching and coaching outdoor education and swimming for the past six years but I just registered for school this fall for my very first semester! 24 and finally starting. Should be fun times!

After I get all that edumacation outta the way then I can think about teaching

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I'm here! I've been teaching and coaching outdoor education and swimming for the past six years but I just registered for school this fall for my very first semester! 24 and finally starting. Should be fun times!

Great. The world needs you. :thumbup:

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ

I taught swimming lessons for kids for 6 years myself (16-22). Found it to be immensely rewarding experience, especially when I used to receive cards and drawings from my little ones. I still have those too. Well save the gift certificate I got for ice cream, I used that one. :D See it is stuff like this that makes me avoid stereotypes with MBTI, as who would've thought an INTJ would enjoy getting kids excited when they put their head in the water for the first time, or the first time they swam across the pool. Not by the description directly, though I was a competitive swimmer for 12 years so maybe it is that passion in things that interest you (swimming+kids).

I'll just add that N's with their lack of rigidity make it a lot of fun for the kids with the goofiness.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

EXCELLENT!!! We need good teachers who are motivated and love what they do!!! :hug: Good luck, hon!