• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFtensity - Wooosh!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes:

After all, I believe that we're studying to, for example, use the language, or to understand why the Sun sets earlier in the winter. (I still shudder when thinking about that one teacher who emphasised neat handwriting and "beautifully" drawn marginals over everything else, and, based on this, she would raise or lower grades significantly. I think she was an ESTJ. :dry:)

OH GOOD LORD!!! Are you serious?!?!?!

Agreed.

One of my former teachers (SJ as well) didn't get along well with one of my friends (ESTP) and was constantly nagging and complaining to him about everything (mostly totally nonexistent things). He was quite talented and fluent with languages, but he was an impulsive and active person and had some problems with concentration. He got poor grades but sure could have done better. :(

You have to know how to reach people when you are a teacher. Yelling does not help
Yes to this, too. This, again, is what I've been talking about. :D

Certain persons would do well if they learned this. :D
:azdaja: "WHY DON'T YOU CONCENTRATE, IDIOTS?!"

<gasp>

Well... Never met anyone who would dislike EN_P teachers.

:nice:

We need more of them! Where's findthejake? :D

Findthejake definitely!!!!!!

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
lol Yeah the outdoor ed stuff was a blast, the swimming thing I've been doing for 14 years now! Unbelievable! I love teachiing and coaching for sure and just get a thrill out of expanding others horizons so maybe teaching is in my future. I certainly hope a spicy lil teacher is in my future, they're fun! :p

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Cuuuuute! I love that! "So I know she's mine." Adorable.
:D

Yeah, see that's the thing! You fall into a pattern with someone and then you meet someone new and it's like... wait, what pattern do I follow now?

LOL!

Me, Im more like "why are things so different?" cus I forget that people are different... LOL

but it means I have to figure out where to channel all of the emotions I experience so the one person doesn't get them full force... at least not in the beginning...

yeah, i guess i should be more careful. i just get full out aggressive usually.

LOLZ!

hence, one of the reasons we come here too... this place is therapeutic as hell!

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
woops! don't mean to interrupt the convo about teaching...

i teach right now too part time while going to school... its pretty fun. definitely beats corporate america. haha

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
BTW, I'm going to keep on about this, but I'm actually glad I found the site when I did. Being a sole ENFP and not really understanding my 'cognitive functions' I did a lot to adapt before I found MBTIc.

For one thing, I'm not nearly as clingy and gushy and doe eyed as I used to be. I'm reminded of a Tupac line, "Lady, take it ea-sy!"

Looking in retrospect to the way I'd flip and get all giddy and verbiage heavy with my objects of affection I go :doh: for the love o' freakin' god and tell my former self, "CHILL, GIRL!" Damn.

Being kinda over eager and getting nutty about every single crush person who enters my life is not the way I wanna go. I wanna be a busy girl. With things to do, people to see, and options. It's not so much that I'm too much for any 1 person, it's that there is a BIG world out there and I want to cast a wide net. So that when I'm 35 or 45 or one day older than today, my memories aren't overshadowed by 1 or 2 people and feelings of longing.

I used to like feeling all giddy and crazy and flipping over people and the feelings of puppy love. I think ENFPs are kinda opportunistic about love/lust/etc. but maybe that was just me.

Now, I'm possibly much more pragmatic and practical about things and I let things go really easily. It was the only way my poor smooshy ridiculous heart could survive.

Umm..wait, was that a bit overkill re: 'intensity' in texting? I'm not sure what we're talking about to be honest! :laugh:

Yeah, I can be fucking intense I've had friends (1 ISTJ and one ENTX) tell me that talking to me or e-mailing with me was exhausting.

Lightweights. :dry:

Or maybe they meant 'overly wordy'. :laugh:

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
well ok so i didn't talk to her at all yesterday and tonight i sent two texts, one to tell her I hope her first day back teaching went well and another to let her know if she needed help moving tomorrow to let me know and that else I would see her on sunday as we have plans setup to go hunting for a coffee shop near her new apartment.

It's been 3 hours now, I know she's read them by this time and it kills me to know she decided not to text back or call. That stuff drives me crazy. I might be the one who relegates her to the friend category! How you like them apples!

If an enfp is chasing you, you better fucking respond or we'll just take it as not interested and destroy our dreams on our own because it's less painful than having them destroyed by you in person.

At least I hope that's what the rest of you do....lol

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well ok so i didn't talk to her at all yesterday and tonight i sent two texts, one to tell her I hope her first day back teaching went well and another to let her know if she needed help moving tomorrow to let me know and that else I would see her on sunday as we have plans setup to go hunting for a coffee shop near her new apartment.

It's been 3 hours now, I know she's read them by this time and it kills me to know she decided not to text back or call. That stuff drives me crazy. I might be the one who relegates her to the friend category! How you like them apples!

If an enfp is chasing you, you better fucking respond or we'll just take it as not interested and destroy our dreams on our own because it's less painful than having them destroyed by you in person.

At least I hope that's what the rest of you do....lol

I have never been broken up with. I have always taken the initiative because I do not want to continue in a relationship where I am unhappy and unfulfilled. That's just torture.

On the other hand, I would not give up the ghost so easily either. :cheese:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
findthejake, it sounds like neither of your texts really requested a response. She also sounds really busy, with it being her first day teaching AND with moving. Yikes! While I'm sure she appreciated the gesture (possibly very much so if she likes you!), please give her some space. Now is not the time for your intensity, as she may find it intrusive and distracting.

I think a problem with the ENFP NFtensity is that it is so incredibly URGENT. As in, REPLY RIGHT NOW!! urgent. Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly charming, but it must be timed so that it will be appreciated instead of being intrusive!

Timed incorrectly and too quickly, and it's like overheating the grill when you are trying to cook a steak... the outside gets burned while the inside doesn't even get warmed up.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
just preoccupy yourself until sunday holmes

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
These thoughts stemming off of the ENFP/ENFP Thread...

I was reading all of your posts and thinking to myself that is EXACTLY how I am with the phone calls and texting. It's intense! How do you keep from freaking out another person at the beginning of a relationship? Do you try to hide the intensity and let it seep out slowly?

It's so rare for me to really connect with someone, but when I do, I could talk to them for hours and only hope they feel the same way. Are we prone towards being quality (hours and hours of) time oriented?

How do you manuever through the beginning of a relationship?

How do you neutralize the NFtensity? Or, do you find that it is received positively by other NFs?

To me, provided that I like you, no time is too much time to spend together. Even in the BEGINNING of a friendship or relationship. Space is unnecessary to me, but sometimes it takes people longer to warm up to that...

Thoughts?
Eh, some people might be rubbed the wrong way by my intensity, but I say, fuck 'em.

My intensity of spirit, my passion, differentiates me from all the automaton zombies that surround me and populate most of the "Adult" world.

If something or someone evokes passion and intensity out of me, that's a very good thing.

Ugh, the very thought of ever being, or becoming a mundane, apathetic mediocre monkey makes me want to commit suicide.

Intensity + intelligence + imagination + purpose + spirit + passion = A LIFE WORTH LIVING!!!

NFtensity ROCKS!!!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's also biodegradable! :D

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Eh, some people might be rubbed the wrong way by my intensity, but I say, fuck 'em.

My intensity of spirit, my passion, differentiates me from all the automaton zombies that surround me and populate most of the "Adult" world.

If something or someone evokes passion and intensity out of me, that's a very good thing.

Ugh, the very thought of ever being, or becoming a mundane, apathetic mediocre monkey makes me want to commit suicide.

Intensity + intelligence + imagination + purpose + spirit + passion = A LIFE WORTH LIVING!!!

NFtensity ROCKS!!!

I didn't think anyone else got it. You do, and that is why your posts make me tingle with joy.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I didn't think anyone else got it. You do, and that is why your posts make me tingle with joy.
This sentiment/feeling is absolutely mutual, and that is why I value you!!!

:yes:

Lol, it is kind of an egotistical love, HAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!

"Wow, this girl's sooo on point, she *gets* it, kinda like me, I love her!"

;)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
More NFTensity plus Drunken Golfing

From about a year ago...

Taco: "When are we going to hang-out!?"

Me: "I don't know!"

Taco: (hassling me while giggling) "C'mooooon! Give me a time table! When are we going to hang out!"

Me: (tartly) "Alright... September."

Taco: "Ok, tha... (forced outrage) hey! I'm not waiting a MONTH..."

Me: "Why don't you call me tomorrow, fool!?"

Taco: "Fine."

Me: (reconsidering) "Not before noon though...."

Taco: "Fine!! I'll call! And I'll call at 12:01!"

Me: "Fine, smarty pants! You do that! In fact, if you call at 12 or 12:02, I won't answer the phone!"

Taco: (more horrified giggling) "Fine!"

Me: "Fine! (exasperated sigh) Look,I have to go finish the dishes!"

Taco: (sly rotteness) "That's cool. Let me talk to someone else in your household. Can I talk to your Mom?"

Me: "No! Get outta here!"

Taco: (gasp) "Holy ****..." (whispered) "I think I just killed a goose!"

[Our conversations never go normally. He called me today at 1:31 PM. I twitted him about his tardiness. We discussed self-run businesses.]

Taco: (facetiously) "Now, look here, you have to have an entrepreneurial spirit! My uncle - he's in construction, and when he was out of work, he dug up his entire backyard and sold it! And what did he do with the big hole left over? He made it into a POND!"

Me: (flatly) "Gee. Your uncle makes us all look like losers."

Taco: (peals of morbid laughing) "It's AWESOME..."

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
What is a conversation that goes "normally"?

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I disagree.

What could people possibly be discussing that would be "normal"?

It's a conversation and not a meeting.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I like this attitude! It's sooo much easier to just be ourselves, and let others decide whether to take it or leave it.

My question is, have you always been like this? Have you ever resented your NFtensity? If you did, what's the difference in how you express it now compared to when you were not comfortable with it?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I like this attitude! It's sooo much easier to just be ourselves, and let others decide whether to take it or leave it.

My question is, have you always been like this? Have you ever resented your NFtensity? If you did, what's the difference in how you express it now compared to when you were not?
The NFtensity that the OP was referring to, and that I was referring to in my post, I have always loved and appreciated.

But, sometimes I, lol, intensely hate how much I intensely care. So yeah, there are times where I wish I could be more apathetic.