User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 146

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    100

    Default

    I play with slot cars to disengage...and motor in my MINI. Honestly, having had four kids was a real gift in my life...it was easier to live in the moment, and I will say playing with Legos was good for the soul.

  2. #12
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    It's so rare for me to really connect with someone, but when I do, I could talk to them for hours and only hope they feel the same way. Are we prone towards being quality (hours and hours of) time oriented?
    I wanted to comment on this specifically.

    As an ENFJ, I have no choice, I connect to everyone, sometimes all at once. It can be harrowing. As to deeply connecting (fusion), I still experience this frequently. More frequently than I would like. I wish I had more control over being involved with people.

    I need a lot of space because of this.

    Also, I do need time and contact to be comfortable with someone. I find my best relationships stemmed from being able to see them in action and be around them most every day in a setting like school or work. Takes the pressure off the two of you and leaves you free to react however you need/want to.

    One ENTP guy, it was great getting to know him slowly because I might not have paid any attention to him otherwise (oblivious Ni). We could argue and get hot, and it wasn't a dire collapse. We could be ourselves. I even went furiously over a table after him one day, and that argument only succeeded in making us like each other more. That was before I knew about ENTPs being the cocky kid with the match and I'm the powder keg he wants to watch explode. tsk tsk.

    I'm the one who needs adequate time to "warm up" or trust the situation. I move slowly.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  3. #13
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I wanted to comment on this specifically.

    As an ENFJ, I have no choice, I connect to everyone, sometimes all at once. It can be harrowing. As to deeply connecting (fusion), I still experience this frequently. More frequently than I would like. I wish I had more control over being involved with people.

    I need a lot of space because of this.
    I can relate to this very much and to the need of space too. I find it very difficult to "separate" myself from the general mood and from people when surrounded by people.

    When I meet another NF (especially extroverted ones, because they are usually more easy to approach), I enjoy the moments fully. I really enjoy the intuitive- feeling based discussions. This one ENFJ at work especially, she was totally awesome to talk to. It's very rare to meet a person like that with who the discussion is so smooth.

  4. #14
    Senior Member SillyGoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    EXXP
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Is this person in question an INTJ by any chance? INTJs can be very leery of NFedness at first, but I've found them really capable of handling emotion when they've decided you pass muster. Their Fi is very calming.
    I'll have to do some more digging. Thanks for the though
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

  5. #15
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    An introvert? Cuz the Es are the ones with no brakes. Once you get the object of your affection's full attention, the pedal goes straight to the floor. You'll be pounding your heel into the mats and still go careening through many red lights, possibly shouting profanities!
    Let's go make out.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  6. #16
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Let's go make out.
    LOL! Driving through red lights while shouting profanities does it for you?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  7. #17
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    LOL! Driving through red lights while shouting profanities does it for you?
    Pretty much everything you say does it for me, babe.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  8. #18
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    It is overwhelming and arouses distrust. Pls repress.
    kthxbye
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  9. #19
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Extrapolate.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  10. #20
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    The intensity can be such that it raises questions of sanity. And I don't just mean in romantic contexts . . . for example, I had one girl I had just met call and message me constantly.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO