User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 146

  1. #111
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    Eventually I am going to teach english overseas but it's possible I might just get into actually teaching everything some day. Who knows!
    Oh my GOSH!!!!!!! That's how I got started!!!!! You totally should!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  2. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    79

    Default

    I do hope everyone loves EN_P teachers, because I surely love the teaching bits in my work. The enthusiasm, surprises, and crazy jokes come brimming out until everyone wants to know what I'm going to do next! The dominant Ne brings out some wacky ways of getting the attention of the students and keeping it...

    So Ne + Fi = inspired teachers who enjoy teaching?

    But Ne + Fi = people who can't wait for others to reply back to texts and emails? I'm another one. Sigh! Why does the whole world seem to respond back so slowwwwly?

  3. #113
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConchShell View Post
    I do hope everyone loves EN_P teachers, because I surely love the teaching bits in my work. The enthusiasm, surprises, and crazy jokes come brimming out until everyone wants to know what I'm going to do next! The dominant Ne brings out some wacky ways of getting the attention of the students and keeping it...

    So Ne + Fi = inspired teachers who enjoy teaching?

    But Ne + Fi = people who can't wait for others to reply back to texts and emails? I'm another one. Sigh! Why does the whole world seem to respond back so slowwwwly?
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    We should have a teachers' part of MBTI, SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  4. #114
    Senior Member Leysing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    FiSi
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConchShell View Post
    I do hope everyone loves EN_P teachers, because I surely love the teaching bits in my work. The enthusiasm, surprises, and crazy jokes come brimming out until everyone wants to know what I'm going to do next! The dominant Ne brings out some wacky ways of getting the attention of the students and keeping it...

    So Ne + Fi = inspired teachers who enjoy teaching?
    This is exactly the reason to my opinion. All my EN_P teachers have been very inspiring and enthusiastic about what they teach. And, you can't help it, it's infectious. One of them made me enjoy physical exercise, though I hate sports and am a little... slow.

    They don't have these boring lessons (yes, I'm a patient and long-suffering etc introvert but boring is still boring) where you just write. And write. And write. I have nothing against writing, but I'd like do other things as well.

  5. #115
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leysing View Post
    This is exactly the reason to my opinion. All my EN_P teachers have been very inspiring and enthusiastic about what they teach. And, you can't help it, it's infectious. One of them made me enjoy physical exercise, though I hate sports and am a little... slow.

    They don't have these boring lessons (yes, I'm a patient and long-suffering etc introvert but boring is still boring) where you just write. And write. And write. I have nothing against writing, but I'd like do other things as well.
    When I construct my lessons, I have almost no writing. They can take notes if they want to, but it is not required. The only exception is when people deliberately ask me if they can practice business correspondence. Well, then they almost have to write.

    Instead, I encourage people to speak and engage in activities with each other. Sometimes they read a bit to practice pronunciation, but only as a lead-in to other things. In addition, I try to vary my activities and methods (as well as media) as much as possible.

    Overall, I have had very positive feedback about my teaching, but I think it was mostly successful due to my pupils' engagement as well.

    As I recall, I think there were only two instances of times where the chemistry just was not right. And when it isn't right, OH LAWDY!!! There is just an impasse, and you can forget it!

    But usually I cannot help but win people over in spite of themselves. Even people who normally hate languages. I guess it is just because I love what I do and I simply exude this truth, this feeling. It makes them curious to know why!!! If she loves it so much, maybe it isn't that bad!!!

    At the very least, you cannot expect people to be engaged if YOU are going in there looking like a sour puss and cannot wait to get out of there. Or if you have absolutely no creativity or sense of humor. Okay, people think I'm crazy, but one thing ya gotta say - they never complain that they are bored. And I have even got invited over people's houses, received gifts.

    The other stuff, I guess you could say it was fake - or to humor me. But WESTPHALIANS never EVER EVER give gifts, make compliments, and CERTAINLY never invite you unless they are super happy. I would say 60% are SJ and 20% are NT. So, yeah....

    But what can I say!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  6. #116
    Senior Member Leysing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    FiSi
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    When I construct my lessons, I have almost no writing. They can take notes if they want to, but it is not required. The only exception is when people deliberately ask me if they can practice business correspondence. Well, then they almost have to write.

    Instead, I encourage people to speak and engage in activities with each other. Sometimes they read a bit to practice pronunciation, but only as a lead-in to other things. In addition, I try to vary my activities and methods (as well as media) as much as possible.

    Overall, I have had very positive feedback about my teaching, but I think it was mostly successful due to my pupils' engagement as well.


    After all, I believe that we're studying to, for example, use the language, or to understand why the Sun sets earlier in the winter. (I still shudder when thinking about that one teacher who emphasised neat handwriting and "beautifully" drawn marginals over everything else, and, based on this, she would raise or lower grades significantly. I think she was an ESTJ. )

    As I recall, I think there were only two instances of times where the chemistry just was not right. And when it isn't right, OH LAWDY!!! There is just an impasse, and you can forget it!
    Agreed.

    One of my former teachers (SJ as well) didn't get along well with one of my friends (ESTP) and was constantly nagging and complaining to him about everything (mostly totally nonexistent things). He was quite talented and fluent with languages, but he was an impulsive and active person and had some problems with concentration. He got poor grades but sure could have done better.

    But usually I cannot help but win people over in spite of themselves. Even people who normally hate languages. I guess it is just because I love what I do and I simply exude this truth, this feeling. It makes them curious to know why!!! If she loves it so much, maybe it isn't that bad!!!
    Yes to this, too. This, again, is what I've been talking about.

    At the very least, you cannot expect people to be engaged if YOU are going in there looking like a sour puss and cannot wait to get out of there. Or if you have absolutely no creativity or sense of humor.
    Certain persons would do well if they learned this.
    "WHY DON'T YOU CONCENTRATE, IDIOTS?!"

    Okay, people think I'm crazy, but one thing ya gotta say - they never complain that they are bored. And I have even got invited over people's houses, received gifts.

    The other stuff, I guess you could say it was fake - or to humor me. But WESTPHALIANS never EVER EVER give gifts, make compliments, and CERTAINLY never invite you unless they are super happy. I would say 60% are SJ and 20% are NT. So, yeah....

    But what can I say!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well... Never met anyone who would dislike EN_P teachers.



    We need more of them! Where's findthejake?

  7. #117

    Default

    I'm here! I've been teaching and coaching outdoor education and swimming for the past six years but I just registered for school this fall for my very first semester! 24 and finally starting. Should be fun times!

    After I get all that edumacation outta the way then I can think about teaching

  8. #118
    Senior Member Leysing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    FiSi
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    I'm here! I've been teaching and coaching outdoor education and swimming for the past six years but I just registered for school this fall for my very first semester! 24 and finally starting. Should be fun times!

    After I get all that edumacation outta the way then I can think about teaching
    Great. The world needs you.

  9. #119
    Senior Member Maabus1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    I'm here! I've been teaching and coaching outdoor education and swimming for the past six years but I just registered for school this fall for my very first semester! 24 and finally starting. Should be fun times!

    After I get all that edumacation outta the way then I can think about teaching
    I taught swimming lessons for kids for 6 years myself (16-22). Found it to be immensely rewarding experience, especially when I used to receive cards and drawings from my little ones. I still have those too. Well save the gift certificate I got for ice cream, I used that one. See it is stuff like this that makes me avoid stereotypes with MBTI, as who would've thought an INTJ would enjoy getting kids excited when they put their head in the water for the first time, or the first time they swam across the pool. Not by the description directly, though I was a competitive swimmer for 12 years so maybe it is that passion in things that interest you (swimming+kids).

    I'll just add that N's with their lack of rigidity make it a lot of fun for the kids with the goofiness.

  10. #120
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    I'm here! I've been teaching and coaching outdoor education and swimming for the past six years but I just registered for school this fall for my very first semester! 24 and finally starting. Should be fun times!

    After I get all that edumacation outta the way then I can think about teaching
    EXCELLENT!!! We need good teachers who are motivated and love what they do!!! Good luck, hon!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO