User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

EQ is understanding others feelings, I'm stating an application of said knowledge!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post

Intelligence is presently a term of obfuscation; IQ a form of insecurity - it's what stupid people speak to when they require recognition without achievement.

Status quorums are designed to protect power - rarely to uplift unique creativity.
    Everyone is more knowledgable or more intelligent in something that someone else isn't. IQ is often misconstrued as a level to compare yourself to everyone else, when it is only a single measure concocted by fallible man and therefore truly subjective. If IQ was a nominal number with objectivity, then yes it could be measured, but sadly that is not the case.

However, while I don't think IQ is a good standard to compare to other people, whenever someone berates another standard, I find it to be with motive most of the time, instead of true belief. Now if you were to propose another solution, comparison, or counterpoint, then I would say you are concerned with the idea other then just attacking the system with no recourse.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    However, while I don't think IQ is a good standard to compare to other people, whenever someone berates another standard, I find it to be with motive most of the time, instead of true belief. Now if you were to propose another solution, comparison, or counterpoint, then I would say you are concerned with the idea other then just attacking the system with no recourse.
    To which I'd say, read again.

You quoted my alternative. Recognition as the sum of one's endeavors, minus the pithy toolings of shallow-handed statistical esoterica. To assign measurement is to miss the point.

Personal recognition as a gem unto itself.

In its present format, IQ is arbitrary to one's socioeconomic status. This is why countries in Africa typically test lower in stature than their technologically advanced Western counterparts. Different values create different motivation.

This phenomenon of radical divergence is of course owed to constrictive elements that range in scale from the biological (neurochemical faculties; quality of health care; availability of food/water...) to simple social structure (cultural emphasis on Western academics; race...).

What if IQ measured things like crop gathering, game hunting and efficient interpretation of animal behavior? How might an advanced nation come up intellectually short against a primitive one?

As a composite entity, these obstacles compound into a volatile mixture that ultimately becomes less about absolute scale than bio-cultural prejudice.

Intelligence testing is then a quantity of ethical quorums whose primary interest is to protect traditional power structures. Bureaucracy.

Intelligence has never been a quantity of absolute shade. IQ testing is an outdated metric programmed as a bolstering agent against change.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Oh. Hell. Yes.

It's not that I seem dumb, I just don't seem particularly intelligent. I was never known as the smart girl. However, I've worked in 3 different research labs, and in each one, my mentor expressed shock and awe at my intelligence.

So what is intelligence? I'd say it's an enhanced ability to learn, both in speed, and complexity (how much stuff you can hold in your head and work with). So why would and N/ST have more of it than an N/SF? They don't. I think that the thinking functions may be more likely to come up with a conscious system or conclusion about impersonal topics, so the presentation is readily accessible, whereas maybe an F would leave the puzzle pieces lying around (not motivated to makes sense of them because they don't relate to people/values) and put them together on the spot (which won't be nearly as coherent). This may make us look less "intelligent," but that's just due to other peoples' lack of psychic awesomeness.

Boy, I hope that was coherent...

MBTI
    FiSi

I have never had the problem to be not considered intelligent, as I like scientific discussions and peaceful debates (the fiery ones tend to make me stressed) and I generally appear more T than I really am... but because of this I'm often considered emotionless.

COME ON, I'M AN F!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Leysing, that is really interesting, because when I debate I turn into an ENTJ as well!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    FiSi

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Leysing, that is really interesting, because when I debate I turn into an ENTJ as well!!!!
    Ha-ha!
    I wouldn't argue with an extroverted form of me...

Well, I usually manage to rein my inferior function...
    ...but when provoked enough I may turn into the unhealthy-ESTJ juggernaut whose Fi is racing wildly and telling Te to crush everything around.

Fortunately that rarely happens.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Leysing View Post
    Ha-ha!
    I wouldn't argue with an extroverted form of me...

Well, I usually manage to rein my inferior function...
    ...but when provoked enough I may turn into the unhealthy-ESTJ juggernaut whose Fi is racing wildly and telling Te to crush everything around.

Fortunately that rarely happens.
    WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

When I am bored, remind me to get into a debate with you in that mode, because I would pay to see that!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    FiSi

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

When I am bored, remind me to get into a debate with you in that mode, because I would pay to see that!!!!
    He-he-he, you certainly wouldn't be bored anymore...

MBTI
    INFP

Yes, people who only know me through work (administrative type of work) usually think I'm pretty ditzy. When we go out drinking, something always pops out of my mouth that takes them (and sometimes me) by surprise and I like to debate quite a bit then.