User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Plenty of torque. Not enough traction.

'Smy problem.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Negative stereotypes based on your MBTI type suck. Apparently I'm not allowed to show emotions, but I guess it's not too bad cause at least people think I'm smart

For what itís worth this NT doesn't consider herself any smarter than average, just more rational.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Negative stereotypes based on your MBTI type suck. Apparently I'm not allowed to show emotions, but I guess it's not too bad cause at least people think I'm smart

For what itís worth this NT doesn't consider herself any smarter than average, just more rational.

Wait just one darn second... INTJ's have emotions? Oh my god, I think the world is starting to spin around me... FAINTS.

/Sarcasm, then again some INTJ's will deny they have any, most of those people are probably not INTJ but actually just Autistic or suffer Aspergers syndrome or I am just being totally offensive and rude.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Wait just one darn second... INTJ's have emotions? Oh my god, I think the world is starting to spin around me... FAINTS.

/Sarcasm, then again some INTJ's will deny they have any, most of those people are probably not INTJ but actually just Autistic or suffer Aspergers syndrome or I am just being totally offensive and rude.

Hmm, not too sure. Aspersers is definitely a possibility, I don't think it's rude but I don't understand callous people who say they have no emotions so *shrug*

I'd suggest calling NTs unemotional is the same as calling NFs overemotional. Untrue but perpetuated by some.

MBTI
    INFJ

I consider myself very intelligent. I've also taken an official (monitored) IQ-test and it placed me in the top 1% of population and granted access to a high-IQ society. Please, don't consider me a bragger, it is by no means my intention. I'm sure there are more of you. If this forum wasn't essentially anonymous, I wouldn't dare say that aloud. Even most of my friends don't know about it.

I merely want to state that F, in my opinion, has barely anything to do with intelligence. F means we make decicions based on "values". Logic remains intact. The NFs I know are all above-average when it comes to intelligence.

I consider intelligence, in its most simple form, to be the ability to notice patterns. The patterns themselves can be anything from logical patterns to musical patterns to human behavior patterns, etc. Due to this all learning comes more naturally to an intelligent person. But hey, it's just how I view it.

I have this ideal that if a person is intelligent, he/she acts intelligently, and therefore can be perceived as an intelligent person. But we all goof around... so making judgements based on a very short slice of time can give very distorted results. So, most people don't consider me that intelligent, but those who know me for a long time do think I'm intelligent.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    I consider myself very intelligent. I've also taken an official (monitored) IQ-test and it placed me in the top 1% of population and granted access to a high-IQ society. Please, don't consider me a bragger, it is by no means my intention. I'm sure there are more of you. If this forum wasn't essentially anonymous, I wouldn't dare say that aloud. Even most of my friends don't know about it.

I merely want to state that F, in my opinion, has barely anything to do with intelligence. F means we make decicions based on "values". Logic remains intact. The NFs I know are all above-average when it comes to intelligence.

I consider intelligence, in its most simple form, to be the ability to notice patterns. The patterns themselves can be anything from logical patterns to musical patterns to human behavior patterns, etc. Due to this all learning comes more naturally to an intelligent person. But hey, it's just how I view it.

I have this ideal that if a person is intelligent, he/she acts intelligently, and therefore can be perceived as an intelligent person. But we all goof around... so making judgements based on a very short slice of time can give very distorted results. So, most people don't consider me that intelligent, but those who know me for a long time do think I'm intelligent.
    WONDERFUL post. And hi! I'm in the same boat with you. I don't like to IQ-drop either because it just reeks of smarm. Most seem to regard me as maternal here moreso than intelligent. This is fine with me. It's always good for intelligent people to be known for more than simply having grey matter to work with.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FiSi

I've heard about a study that said that INFJs and INFPs had the highest average IQ just after INTJs and INTPs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Even though I'm only a sophomore, I seem to maintain better grades then most people in my class, and I the great majority of my class is anything but NF's..but like you said too, grades aren't accurate measures of intelligence.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Is a fun loving person less intelligent than the person who never laughs? I read that sense of humor is better on smart people (they see the connection better, so they "get" the jokes better)

Oh, and I'd like to add that the value based motivation is one of the key elements of good grades, so the F is not messing up the logic, it is motivating it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

It is my belief that the people who do not think I'm intelligent are the people who do not know me yet.

I think I often come across as "flighty" and "ditsy." But you know, I kind of like surprising people with my depth and discernment! It's like giving them a pass into my world of insightful intellectualism, which would otherwise remain under wraps!