User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP

You are great the way you are. Remember...only misunderstanding leads to judgements and sway from acceptance and understanding. Accept and forgive them for not being able to understand.

MBTI
    INFP

Default Priorities determine F preference.

I don't place as much value on intelligence as I place on spiritual qualities. I view it as a means to an end rather than an end in itself. Like others here, I dislike discussing my IQ for fear of seeming like a braggart who values seeming intelligent over being humble. I also find the commonly used system of measuring intelligence to be limited. False assumptions about which forms of intelligence are more important than others make IQ scores nearly irrelevant except on the highest and lowest ends of the scale. I did well in school, but that determines little more than my desire to please others. School is unnecessary for those of us who are capable of self-teaching. I see the F preference as having more to do with priorities than mental capabilities. Just because I can be objective doesn't mean that I think it is best to be.

MBTI
    INXX

Not online they don't. IRL they do all the time. I don't really care, though. I have too often in my life felt too defined by my mind alone. I sometimes wonder if it was worth it to have a high GPA, especially since I went into debt to pay for it. Certainly no employer has ever seemed to care about it.

In fact, I am bringing up my child not to emphasize intelligence, talent and academic achievement as much as my parents emphasized these things. I want him first and foremost to be a happy person and a good person who is good at living and being a person.

Who cares about somebody's IQ or GPA? Nobody except maybe parents and people in mutual admiration clubs like Mensa. People care how you make them feel, they care about the results that you can get for them, they care about how good your character is, they care about a lot of things a lot more than IQ and grades.

Don't pay no mind to a few arrogant people on the internets.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

well squirrel, I know how your avatar makes me feel
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    A female friend of mine has a very large bustline, and she wears this shirt that says "My eyes are up HERE". lol
    I got one that says "My crotch is down THERE", it hasn't really worked out the way I had hoped.
    I don't wanna!

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    I don't place as much value on intelligence as I place on spiritual qualities. I view it as a means to an end rather than an end in itself. Like others here, I dislike discussing my IQ for fear of seeming like a braggart who values seeming intelligent over being humble. I also find the commonly used system of measuring intelligence to be limited. False assumptions about which forms of intelligence are more important than others make IQ scores nearly irrelevant except on the highest and lowest ends of the scale. I did well in school, but that determines little more than my desire to please others. School is unnecessary for those of us who are capable of self-teaching. I see the F preference as having more to do with priorities than mental capabilities. Just because I can be objective doesn't mean that I think it is best to be.
    This is exactly how I feel about IQ tests. Back when I was in college, I had a Trigonometry teacher who was in MENSA, so she was constantly breaking out these brain teasers before the class started each day. Drove me mad. But, after class one day, she took me to the side and asked me if I'd like to join MENSA - I"d never even considered it. She brought their IQ test, and I took it. I ended up scoring very high on it, but it was a creepy feeling. There are many forms of intelligence, not just using deductive and inductive reasoning on a test. There are many brilliant people who score dismally on paper, so I tend to shy away from the idea that IQ defines a person's ability to be intelligent.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Moved some stuff over to a new thread here.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    And wtf is up w/ people thinking there's a correlation between having a fun, emotionally expressive personality and intelligence? Ugh.
    It wouldn't surprise me if there was a positive corellation. Many assume there is a negative corellation.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by JordanLane View Post
    You are great the way you are. Remember...only misunderstanding leads to judgements and sway from acceptance and understanding. Accept and forgive them for not being able to understand.
    I like this.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    Well, I guess after reading a few posts around here, I was kind of annoyed by some stereotypes. I hate how I can easily be categorized by my NF-ness sometimes, and people only think about how "emotionally" based I am. Sometimes I feel like people forget that NFs (or any other type, really) can be just as intelligent as, say, an NT.

In fact, I make better grades than most NTs I know. While I know that grades aren't accurate measurements of intelligence, I think it does count for something. Slacking off in a college class isn't necessarily "smart", right?

I think I have the element of surprise when it comes to debates or arguments. Normally I am a very agreeable person. However, when someone questions my intelligence I get very aggressive, and people often don't expect it.

How about any other NFs out there? Have you ever felt like people underestimated your overall intelligence? (It makes me think of Elle Woods, and how people assumed so much about her because she was blonde.)
    From my experience on this website,
    I have come to respect most
    the intelligence of the INTPs and the INFJs.