• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do other NFs feel like they observe their feelings more than live them?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have frequent intense mood shifts, but it is like I am observing the emotions more that actually living through them. Is that strange?

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I am what I feel, I'm like the weather.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It may be more of an e7 thing, then. I think I read e7 detaches when in the presence of strong emotion...

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, the opposite. I could do better at telling the difference between my being and my feelings.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, the opposite. I could do better at telling the difference between my being and my feelings.

Sometimes I laugh when I hear horrible things instead of doing a more appropriate response...then I feel guilt because it makes the other person feel bad.
That said, I can recall the time I saw the dogs in the pool and even though I gave an appropriate response, it took a couple hours for me to actually authentically feel it, though I knew it was coming...
Does any of that make sense?

Nicodemus

Sometimes I laugh when I hear horrible things instead of doing a more appropriate response...then I feel guilt because it makes the other person feel bad.
That said, I can recall the time I saw the dogs in the pool and even though I gave an appropriate response, it took a couple hours for me to actually authentically feel it, though I knew it was coming...
All of that is completely normal.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I read e7 detaches when in the presence of strong emotion...

E9s too. I sometimes feel completely distinct from but still affected by my strong emotions, like I'm clinging to a raft during a violent storm instead of actually becoming the storm.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
definite head type thing.

we generally give the keys to our minds, and everything else is but a passenger in the car. it takes courage and skill to learn how to dive more fully into the feelings and allow them to speak to us as directly as possible, especially when in order to do so, the action is in letting go of our thoughts--our presumed sense of control (avoidance-wise)--and surrendering to what the truth of us is given how we relate to the situations and aims we find footing in.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting question. :thinking:

I don't identify as NF, and I do feel it as the emotions run through me. That said, when I feel something the first thought is the problem that's causing it and how it needs to be solved. I don't detach and rationalize/observe why I feel a certain way but I can see my emotions as their own indicator of what's wrong in my life that needs to be resolved. I think looking for how to resolve whatever negative emotion is burdening you is a more positive outlook/E7ish strategy.

That said, I don't think it's related to head type much. When it comes to rationalizing emotions though I think of E5. Since you identify as E7 it could be your line to 5.

Didn't you mention on here once that you have Asperger syndrome? It could be that - people with it in my high school generally operated like that as well.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting question. :thinking:

I don't identify as NF, and I do feel it as the emotions run through me. That said, when I feel something the first thought is the problem that's causing it and how it needs to be solved. I don't detach and rationalize/observe why I feel a certain way but I can see my emotions as their own indicator of what's wrong in my life that needs to be resolved. I think looking for how to resolve whatever negative emotion is burdening you is a more positive outlook/E7ish strategy.

That said, I don't think it's related to head type much. When it comes to rationalizing emotions though I think of E5. Since you identify as E7 - it could be your line to 5.

Didn't you mention on here once that you have Asperger syndrome? It could be that - people with it in my high school generally operated like that as well.

I have always identified strongly with the head triad, though lately 6 more than anything. Yes, I was diagnosed with aspergers when I was little.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

we generally give the keys to our minds, and everything else is but a passenger in the car. it takes courage and skill to learn how to dive more fully into the feelings and allow them to speak to us as directly as possible, especially when in order to do so, the action is in letting go of our thoughts--our presumed sense of control (avoidance-wise)--and surrendering to what the truth of us is given how we relate to the situations and aims we find footing in.

I am always thinking of changing my etype classification to 6 or 5…though starry has mad a good case for 7…

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I kinda relate to this, as well. I've always taken it as using intellectualization as a defense mechanism, though. For me, it's a very conscious effort to switch gears, so to speak. Feel, then hit the brakes, & analyze to deal with them, contain them, manage them (however you wish to phrase it).

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
E9s too. I sometimes feel completely distinct from but still affected by my strong emotions, like I'm clinging to a raft during a violent storm instead of actually becoming the storm.

It may be more of an e7 thing, then. I think I read e7 detaches when in the presence of strong emotion...

:yes:

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
This is a sense-dom trait :}

You're feeling them, methinks. And rationalizing you're merely observing them.

I forgot, though, I typed you a sense dom....

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is a sense-dom trait :}

You're feeling them, methinks. And rationalizing you're merely observing them.

I forgot, though, I typed you a sense dom....
Attention to the environment around me is my Achilles heel, not a strength.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, like an Si dom.

I am curious by nature, and even though I can usually tell if I have done something or not, chronology is hard for me.
Are you suggesting I am ISTJ?

ISFJ would fit better, since I always (attempt to) harmonize with others. I am always losing and misplacing things, so Si seems like a stretch, too, though I relate to Si far more than Se.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
I am curious by nature, and even though I can usually tell if I have done something or not, chronology is hard for me.
Are you suggesting I am ISTJ?

I dunno. You just don't strike me Ne to any degree. Your intuition is in a band similar to what I've studied/know of Si types.

I don't intend to turn the conversation to this. But, take [MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION]'s post. That seems more NFish.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They make sense, although I differ from them in my personal experience. We all differ in how we respond to such things.

I relate to the first one somewhat - I have had weird responses to horrible news on occasion. The second one, not so much. I tend to think I need to deal with the emotions before taking action, but in some situations such as the above, that is obviously not an option. It takes strength from me to be effective at these times - as my health gets better, I become better at this. When I was at the bottom of my health, I was useless.

But these sound like natural things, even if we are different types.