User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Is it really? Am I just more connected to my feelings than most head types or is it just an issue some head types struggle with or what? Or am I so pain-avoidant that I'm unaware of how disconnected from my emotions I am and I'm just blissfully unaware? Because idk...my feelings usually overwhelm how I carry myself throughout the day and once I feel something it usually constantly occupies my mind after that until I just go to sleep or listen to music.
    Umm no, I don't think you're more connected to your feelings than other head types... (whaddayah think your better than all of us? Is that what this is all about huh? )

Please read the following passage paying special attention to and subsequently memorizing the bolded.

Entities in the same room.

I've read/heard theorists state that 7s became 7s because they had a primary caregiver that for whatever reason rejected the intensity of their feelings/sensitivities/moods. I've read/heard that experiencing emotions blocks access to "Pe moving out into the future." I've read/heard that the future focus is what keeps us from experiencing pain and so on...

What I think is that somewhere along the line a 7 started using optimism as a way to emotionally support themselves in what is so often a harsh and confusing world. [I] Things may not be good now...but at some point in the future everything will be perfect.[/I¥ A 7 can feel...and feel intensely any feeling that doesn't jeopardize that support system...which will be unique to each 7.

I'll have to come back to this at some point in the future. I can't breathe through my nose right now.

I think it's amazing how you stuck to your guns and stayed until you felt that merging with the moment. But idk this gets to me too Starry...just last night I was out stargazing with friends. In the periods of silence I felt I was able to take everything in and feel all the emotions rushing at me as they came even though I had no outward reaction like crying or jumping for joy haha. It actually bothers me when people are always so busy worrying about little things or not taking anything seriously that they're not able to take everything in and see the beauty of it, because that's what I like to do every time I go on an adventure. It just doesn't feel as fulfilling unless I feel I've connected with the experience. Stop confusing me!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I've always felt like there's an ocean inside of me, and I can barely get away from it.

But, from what I understand, this is for me part of e6's reactivity. I distance myself using analytical thought after the immediate emotional response. It's part of why I like writing so much. It helps me distance myself from that overwhelming ocean of feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan
    it took a couple hours for me to actually authentically feel it, though I knew it was coming...
    That kind of delay isn't unusual, especially after experiencing a shock. It took me months before I finally really cried after my grandpa's death. I knew that I was horribly sad, but I just felt so hollow for the longest time. Then all of a sudden, maybe three months after, I was sitting at home one day, and it was like this deep well of feeling just opened up inside, and I felt everything all at once.

I wonder if our psyches try to protect ourselves sometimes.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I've always felt like there's an ocean inside of me, and I can barely get away from it.

But, from what I understand, this is for me part of e6's reactivity. I distance myself using analytical thought after the immediate emotional response. It's part of why I like writing so much. It helps me distance myself from that overwhelming ocean of feeling.

That kind of delay isn't unusual, especially after experiencing a shock. It took me months before I finally really cried after my grandpa's death. I knew that I was horribly sad, but I just felt so hollow for the longest time. Then all of a sudden, maybe three months after, I was sitting at home one day, and it was like this deep well of feeling just opened up inside, and I felt everything all at once.

I wonder if our psyches try to protect ourselves sometimes.
    Yes, that is how it is.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have a split experience where I observe and experience intermittently and sometimes simultaneously. I've developed the ability to be observer and experiencer at the same time especially when feeling something overwhelming. I feel like I'm outside myself observing myself and reactions just like I would observe another person. It sometimes helps to calm me down except for when it is especially intense.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

ok something that just went through my head that reminded me of this thread.

i am looking at my collection of tattoo pictures where i think about getting tattoos kind of imaginarily and with varying degrees of seriousness. i just had the thought that i'm already getting kind of used to the idea of having a tattoo, having had this collection building over longer than two years. i bet when i get one, it like won't even be that big a deal, and i could probably get something kind of big my first time, just for having gone through it so many times in my head. the future planning leads to desensitization for the real event. also real events are so...real. flawed. not as we imagined them. which to me is the exciting/kinda scary part. i know that. i'm excited for the unknown variables and they're part of the reason i still get a thrill and want to go through with it. but it still makes real life fall flat sometimes.

and now i am going to pass out from nyquil.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post