The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    I dunno. You just don't strike me Ne to any degree. Your intuition is in a band similar to what I've studied/know of Si types.

I don't intend to turn the conversation to this. But, take @Evee's post. That seems more NFish.
    Interesting. I am caught between being deadpan and an ideal to be compassionate to all living beings. I feel a bit like the observers from fringe, especially September.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Head Type. And the reason I believe your ignored feelings build and build until they eventually cause the damn to break and you'll have a "I'm worthless and life is too painful" outburst episode.

It's a curious thing though that they describe 7s as only ignoring pain when everything I've ever seen, heard via first hand accounts and personally have experienced demonstrates that many 7s won't allow themselves to experience any strong (authentic) emotion including the positive ones. I can remember many times in my life.... when I had finally reached *a moment* I had always dreamed of reaching only to discover I'm completely removed from it. Like I remember standing in front of the great pyramid of Giza having dreamed of it from childhood...knowing what it took for me to get there...knowing it was high on my "things to do before I die" list...and I was entirely disconnected because it was too profound...too much. And I was so mad and frustrated with myself...and refused to leave until I connected. Which I did...but it wasn't an easy process for me. It was like I was shut out and needed to find a hidden door into the moment. Into the joy.
    Likes The Wailing Specter, Ghost, Flâneuse liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I have frequent intense mood shifts, but it is like I am observing the emotions more that actually living through them. Is that strange?
    That is a known trait of the ENFP. It is also been known for ENFP types to have out-of-body experiences in which they believe they are observing themselves or the scene they are in.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    That is a known trait of the ENFP. It is also been known for ENFP types to have out-of-body experiences in which they believe they are observing themselves or the scene they are in.
    I had those more when I was younger.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Head Type. And the reason I believe your ignored feelings build and build until they eventually cause the damn to break and you'll have a "I'm worthless and life is too painful" outburst episode.

It's a curious thing though that they describe 7s as only ignoring pain when everything I've ever seen, heard via first hand accounts and personally have experienced demonstrates that many 7s won't allow themselves to experience any strong (authentic) emotion including the positive ones. I can remember many times in my life.... when I had finally reached *a moment* I had always dreamed of reaching only to discover I'm completely removed from it. Like I remember standing in front of the great pyramid of Giza having dreamed of it from childhood...knowing what it took for me to get there...knowing it was high on my "things to do before I die" list...and I was entirely disconnected because it was too profound...too much. And I was so mad and frustrated with myself...and refused to leave until I connected. Which I did...but it wasn't an easy process for me. It was like I was shut out and needed to find a hidden door into the moment. Into the joy.
    YES!!!!

That is why I obsess over passion. I should connect with the moment, but I never have time. It always bothers me when I don't have the time to live.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Head Type.
    Is it really? Am I just more connected to my feelings than most head types or is it just an issue some head types struggle with or what? Or am I so pain-avoidant that I'm unaware of how disconnected from my emotions I am and I'm just blissfully unaware? Because idk...my feelings usually overwhelm how I carry myself throughout the day and once I feel something it usually constantly occupies my mind after that until I just go to sleep or listen to music.

I think it's amazing how you stuck to your guns and stayed until you felt that merging with the moment. But idk this gets to me too Starry...just last night I was out stargazing with friends. In the periods of silence I felt I was able to take everything in and feel all the emotions rushing at me as they came even though I had no outward reaction like crying or jumping for joy haha. It actually bothers me when people are always so busy worrying about little things or not taking anything seriously that they're not able to take everything in and see the beauty of it, because that's what I like to do every time I go on an adventure. It just doesn't feel as fulfilling unless I feel I've connected with the experience. Stop confusing me!!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    583 sp/sx

If something emotionally intense is going on, I try to avoiding thinking or feeling anything about it. Inside there's this buzzy sort of anxiety. Mentally, it's like steering a boat through shark-infested waters. Those emotions and thoughts are waiting to chomp me to bits if I slip into the water. I can't think about what's troubling me because that's touching the water. After I've calmed down (maybe hours to a week later), I can sit and dissect it. At that point, it's like I'm running on parallel tracks—one track is for considering what's going on and how I got there, the other is for feeling a weakened version of the emotion. That helps me get over it or at least accept the situation.

I'd liken it to a physical injury. First, here's a flash of alarm and pain. I know what happened and where it happened, but I'm too surprised and hurt to go beyond that. As I get used to it or as it dulls, I can figure out exactly what hurts and how to live with it.

I like emotions and consider myself a very emotional person. I just don't like being overwhelmed by them or whatever is causing them.

It's a curious thing though that they describe 7s as only ignoring pain when everything I've ever seen, heard via first hand accounts and personally have experienced demonstrates that many 7s won't allow themselves to experience any strong (authentic) emotion including the positive ones. I can remember many times in my life.... when I had finally reached *a moment* I had always dreamed of reaching only to discover I'm completely removed from it.
    Oh, wow. I relate to this. I've gotten so used to stepping away from or smothering strong emotions as they're happening that I'm not sure how to accept them in the moment. I guess it's fine. It means even good news seems less wonderful, though, which is kind of disappointing.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    YES!!!!

That is why I obsess over passion. I should connect with the moment, but I never have time. It always bothers me when I don't have the time to live.
    Haha. bright red.

Yah, because it often takes conscious effort on my part for me to connect with the moment I fiercely resent the way in which our worldly institutions are structured (like your various "World" threads.) But I also work against myself. I'll think I 'don't have the time' to connect with the moment for various reasons when in truth I'm unknowingly making plans for the future/living in the future...because that's where I feel safe. Somewhere along the way I learned that connecting with the moment (in its entirety) is too powerful and potentially painful.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If something emotionally intense is going on, I try to avoiding thinking or feeling anything about it. Inside there's this buzzy sort of anxiety. Mentally, it's like steering a boat through shark-infested waters. Those emotions and thoughts are waiting to chomp me to bits if I slip into the water. I can't think about what's troubling me because that's touching the water. After I've calmed down (maybe hours to a week later), I can sit and dissect it. At that point, it's like I'm running on parallel tracks—one track is for considering what's going on and how I got there, the other is for feeling a weakened version of the emotion. That helps me get over it or at least accept the situation.

I'd liken it to a physical injury. First, here's a flash of alarm and pain. I know what happened and where it happened, but I'm too surprised and hurt to go beyond that. As I get used to it or as it dulls, I can figure out exactly what hurts and how to live with it.

I like emotions and consider myself a very emotional person. I just don't like being overwhelmed by them or whatever is causing them.

Oh, wow. I relate to this. I've gotten so used to stepping away from or smothering strong emotions as they're happening that I'm not sure how to accept them in the moment. I guess it's fine. It means even good news seems less wonderful, though, which is kind of disappointing.

I almost responded..."that may be due to having 7 in your tritype" ...until I noticed 173 was your post count wtf Starry? haha please know that I have a massive cold.

edit: although it may be due to having 7 in your tritype haha...or being a 9...idk haha
    Likes Ghost, The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Haha. bright red.

Yah, because it often takes conscious effort on my part for me to connect with the moment I fiercely resent the way in which our worldly institutions are structured (like your various "World" threads.) But I also work against myself. I'll think I 'don't have the time' to connect with the moment for various reasons when in truth I'm unknowingly making plans for the future/living in the future...because that's where I feel safe. Somewhere along the way I learned that connecting with the moment (in its entirety) is too powerful and potentially painful.
    I live in a future which may never be.

There are many roads not taken. If one chooses not to have children, they will miss out on the joys of parenthood. If one has children young, they will not experience a chance to be free to pursue their own agenda, which may be just as rewarding. If one has children when they are older, they may lack the energy to play with them or something may happen to where they cannot have children at all. There are many possible futures.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan