User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

seems pretty common among INFJs.

makes sense, since Fe is the way we choose words and actions to implement Ni vision.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

I care a lot about the people in my life.
    I care a lot about the relationships in my life.
    I care a lot about the interactions in my life.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFJ

One might say I have a lot of self-confidence. On the other hand, I don't... and I dwell endlessly in little things and even the smallest signs of "not being liked". It's a mixed issue. I care about people and their opinions on a deep level, and that affects my self-confidence.

I'm the type of person who says "I don't care", but I can never stop caring. Sometimes I wish I could... but overall... this level sensitivity can be a huge asset.

MBTI
    ENTP

I told an INFJ I knew once... you want to fix the people you care about and fight the injustices in the world you see so badly, but you can only go so far before it wears you too thin, and you have to recharge. Don't be ashamed of the fact you need your inner eye, your intuition, to recharge often. Don't spread yourself too thin, because you're always making a difference without being a martyr. Your inner eye is your greatest gift, a beautiful thing, so don't shun it out of guilt.

...our relationship never panned out. But damn it I still think I was dead on:steam:
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."--George Carlin

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath Mania View Post
    I told an INFJ I knew once... you want to fix the people you care about and fight the injustices in the world you see so badly, but you can only go so far before it wears you too thin, and you have to recharge. Don't be ashamed of the fact you need your inner eye, your intuition, to recharge often. Don't spread yourself too thin, because you're always making a difference without being a martyr. Your inner eye is your greatest gift, a beautiful thing, so don't shun it out of guilt.

...our relationship never panned out. But damn it I still think I was dead on:steam:
    It does sound like good advice. The bad thing is, and this may be just me, I have to learn these things at my own pace. If I'm not at the right place in my life, no amount of the most sage advice in the world really helps me.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    It does sound like good advice. The bad thing is, and this may be just me, I have to learn these things at my own pace. If I'm not at the right place in my life, no amount of the most sage advice in the world really helps me.
    Nah, it's definitely not just you. I kind always sensed this was the case deep down, but to hear it from someone else makes it a bit of a revelation. A good one mind ye. Thanks.

Although I did think I tell her "eventually you'll probably come to see...", and prefaced it like that... but who wants to have their development forecasted anyways? Ah, this is why I must be an NTP :P
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."--George Carlin

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --Albert Einstein

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath Mania View Post

Like Cafe said, easier said than done. *shakes head*

It's knee jerk. We have to consciously fight it, which can be exhausting, at least for me. Sometimes I'm confronted with an aversion-aversion choice between saving myself or saving someone else. It's not my job to dip souls out of the Styx, but I can't control the urge to do it because rot and mortality offend me so deeply.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Mmhmm. It's hard to grand yourself equality with the people you see suffering and nurture yourself as you would nurture anyone else. It's something I'll probably always struggle with, but I believe I've made progress in the last several years.

The knowledge that I'm strong, stronger than many, makes me feel as if I should bear more because I can, but sometimes doing that costs those closest to me, because my strength and energy are (oops!) finite. It's hard, but necessary, to learn to prioritize.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I don't know about you, Cafe me lass, but I have difficulty knowing where my event horizon is, where the point of no return is. I don't see the needle battering the red line until I'm almost spent, and usually by then, it's my twin that's dragged me away and told me to disengage (sometimes like smacking a newspaper over a bulldog that's locked on to something...). I've learned self-preservation skills gradually over time, but I need so many more.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I don't know about you, Cafe me lass, but I have difficulty knowing where my event horizon is, where the point of no return is. I don't see the needle battering the red line until I'm almost spent, and usually by then, it's my twin that's dragged me away and told me to disengage (sometimes like smacking a newspaper over a bulldog that's locked on to something...). I've learned self-preservation skills gradually over time, but I need so many more.
    I've gotten a lot better about it because I guess I'm getting old and don't have the energy I used to.

It doesn't seem like I do that much around the house and the kids and husband are pretty low maintenance at this point, but yeah, I got myself in trouble just a couple of weeks ago. Totally, desperately exhausted and it takes me days to recover once I get to that point.
    ~ John Rogers