User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Other Side of INFJ

what do you INFJs think of this article? apparently it's really resonating with INFJs on reddit. thought some of you might find it interesting.

The "Other Side" of the INFJ
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Default Other Side of INFJ

I personally think it's too theoretical and missing a person-focused perspective. If you asked me about my "other" side, it would go a lot deeper than the things outlined here. I guess it's a good si/te oriented perspective of an infj. (I mean, it's pretty obvious that arbitrary STJ rules are going to ruffle Ni feathers. That doesn't mean an INFJ can't work with them, but their ability to push through it will be based, IMO, on how much they let that emotionally frustrate them. It's frustrating because it devalues what is important to Ni-Fe and it's easy to just feel overlooked when you also have so much to offer. The fact is that you are outnumbered and misunderstood. That can inspire some inner darkness that INFJs are famous for and I think that's where the other side of the INFJ begins.)
    Likes oneandonly liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    what do you INFJs think of this article? apparently it's really resonating with INFJs on reddit. thought some of you might find it interesting.

The "Other Side" of the INFJ
    What does the article's author mean by "the Se world"?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I knew it !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by unsomething View Post
    I personally think it's too theoretical and missing a person-focused perspective. If you asked me about my "other" side, it would go a lot deeper than the things outlined here. I guess it's a good si/te oriented perspective of an infj. (I mean, it's pretty obvious that arbitrary STJ rules are going to ruffle Ni feathers. That doesn't mean an INFJ can't work with them, but their ability to push through it will be based, IMO, on how much they let that emotionally frustrate them. It's frustrating because it devalues what is important to Ni-Fe and it's easy to just feel overlooked when you also have so much to offer. The fact is that you are outnumbered and misunderstood. That can inspire some inner darkness that INFJs are famous for and I think that's where the other side of the INFJ begins.)
    it was mainly a response to the INFJ 'rare special morally unparalleled type' thing she was seeing a lot of online. INFJs are very idealized in MBTI communities, almost precluded from criticism, and i think she wanted to shatter a bit of the illusion + focus on the ways in which INFJs have deeply human, less-than-noble flaws just like any other type.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

i don't think it was meant to cover all the bases/do a run-down on everything INFJ IS. i think it was mainly a response to the INFJ 'special snowflake rare special type' thing she was seeing a lot of online. INFJs are very idealized in MBTI communities and i think she wanted to shatter a bit of the illusion + explore the ways in which the type is perhaps not ideal.
    You are walking on lightwaves
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

it was mainly a response to the INFJ 'rare special morally unparalleled type' thing she was seeing a lot of online. INFJs are very idealized in MBTI communities, almost precluded from criticism, and i think she wanted to shatter a bit of the illusion + focus on the ways in which INFJs have deeply human, less-than-noble flaws just like any other type.
    Maybe it was uninspired then. I just feel like there is way more to be critical about than what was touched on. If the saintly image is in the way then start with enfp, who infjs are a lot like on the inside. Deep down we can be immature, selectively aloof/hot and cold, prone to spells of all kinds, needy (but we won't express our needs.... it's not that we expect people to just know like an NFP but we still on some level resent them for not knowing, which Fe can't express directly and that is toxic)

Instead of bottling up feelings, we bottle up thought processes and beliefs and get stuck in this indirect interpersonal style. That's why when stressed we become potentially mean, arrogant and controlling. But even when not stressed there are naturally going to be manipulative overtures. I don't think that's due to dismissing other viewpoints so much as having more of the picture hidden from view and having more to think about. The sentiment does get through though.

Anyway yeah, there's my thoughts, hope that could give some insight but if not that's OK too. (:
    Likes oneandonly liked this post

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

There's no need to deride INFJs around here for their special snowflake status; that image has long since been shattered.

Aspects of the article are of some interest, but there are also some things that don't seem to make sense.

Why is it that INFJs fail in the anniversary party analogy due to lacking in Ti and Se, and yet INFPs are said to have more practicality due to their Si/Te tertiary/inferior combo? Why would the 3rd and 4th functions be a blind-spot for INFJs, yet an asset for INFPs? This makes little sense unless the article genuinely means to suggest that INFJs are worse than other types at integrating their functions effectively.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte
    Likes Ghost, Video, oneandonly liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    How is that horse still solid?! If it won't turn to hamburger meat by now, you'd think after this much time it'd just pull a dead sperm whale and pop! Then it could finally just rot away into nothingness.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    How is that horse still solid?! If it won't turn to hamburger meat by now, you'd think after this much time it'd just pull a dead sperm whale and pop!
    But it's just starting to get super tender!

Unfortunately though, it's too decomposed to be of much use any more. It's not even suitable for dog meat.

INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte